Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

On 26/12/2023 at 16:56, BB_Bino said:

Sending Off, would have to see it again but the view I had of it, Big Rusty has totally played for it and got a fellow semi-pro sent off, which is never good to see.

17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hand raised, a push around the throat area, then crumple to the ground holding his face.

Typical footballer reaction.

boness1.png.ef5ab58dbb330c6cf1f6e20cd624ac2a.png

Boness2.png.dda281d20267313eadc4e2884ddaf8c3.png

image.png.cb0265fac321440c17ed3c40e8802c69.png

image.png.36c98ba0aa2ef023a462ce900f0972b0.png

Yip, it was how I saw it at the time, however I did think it was his chest and not his throat. It’s a Red Card, no doubt about it, but with his antics on the ground, the big man has made sure of it and acted in a manner that would make you think he was in serious pain.

It’ll be interesting to see if there are further flash points on Saturday, sadly I’ll not be there but it’ll be sure to be a good one.

Edited by BB_Bino

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Yip, it was how I saw it at the time, however I did think it was his chest and not his throat. It’s a Red Card, no doubt about it, but with his antics on the ground, the big man has made sure of it and acted in a manner that would make you think he was in serious pain.

It’ll be interesting to see if there are further flash points on Saturday, sadly I’ll not be there but it’ll be sure to be a good one.

On that, any further news on Mclean? Assuming that was his last trial game and will need to be signed for any upcoming games. 

Rumours going around Newtown Park that he's asking for far too much for this level (perhaps outwith EK anyway) but that source did reek of tonic wine.

Regarding Russell McLean 

FACT-  A trialist can play 5 games according to the Lowland League rules.

HEARD FROM A (SOBER) RELIABLE SOURCE:- He believes he is good enough to secure a contract with a SPFL club and is actively offering his services but so far no takers.

Time will tell.

Edited by Deanburn Dave

36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

He's a big unit and will score goals at Tier 4/5, but there's not a lot of quality in his play.  Similar is some ways to McGachie at Bonnyrigg and Henderson at Spartans.

Blair Henderson has a long track record of scoring goals in League 2, McGachie does not.

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Regarding Russell McLean 

FACT-  A trialist can play 5 games according to the Lowland League rules.

HEARD FROM A (SOBER) RELIABLE SOURCE:- He believes he is good enough to secure a contract with a SPFL club and is actively offering his services but so far no takers.

Time will tell.

Based on Tuesday only, he'd get a L2 side at best. Whether it was lack of match fitness or injuries catching up with him but I thought he looked done. No idea how he lasted the 90 minutes both from a fitness point of view and I thought he was lucky not to pick up a second yellow

McLean has looked finished for a long time. Nothing changed my mind on Tuesday. I actually felt sorry for him when I saw him at Dumbarton last season, but having seem him inviting fans on to the pitch on Boxing Day for a square go, maybe he really is a bit of a dick after all. Expect him to rock up at Clyde in the New Year???

On 27/12/2023 at 00:04, Footballfirst said:

Hand raised, a push around the throat area, then crumple to the ground holding his face.

Typical footballer reaction.

boness1.png.ef5ab58dbb330c6cf1f6e20cd624ac2a.png

Boness2.png.dda281d20267313eadc4e2884ddaf8c3.png

image.png.cb0265fac321440c17ed3c40e8802c69.png

image.png.36c98ba0aa2ef023a462ce900f0972b0.png

It looks no more than a tussle, but when you raise your hands you give the ref a decision to make.

Donkey rolling about like a prima donna probably influenced the decision.

Heard Bohessian saying he wants 5k a week like they pay at EK

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

It looks no more than a tussle, but when you raise your hands you give the ref a decision to make.

Donkey rolling about like a prima donna probably influenced the decision.

Heard Bohessian saying he wants 5k a week like they pay at EK

Worth every penny. They should splash the cash on at least a 3 year deal. 😁

"Was there any trouble on boxing day ?" ........Wullie have you not been paying attention !!

Linilthgow fans were subjected to harsh, oppressive treatment in that they were forced to watch a match with a 1:30ko without floodlights, had to endure peeing against a wall, had to stand on an uneven surface and (pause for full effect) there was no pies !!!

Probably the least hostile derby game for 30 years.