Well hello League 1. Happy GTF Day.

1 hour ago, TheWestStand said:

Championees championees olay olay olay

hello league 1

Hello! Where the hell have you been all this time ? we got fed up waiting and popped up to the championship a couple of times 

last time promptly right back down mind you , So the REAL derby is back on , I could practically walk to the Stirling Beanobeu stadium from where i live 

Excellent . 

43 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Hello! Where the hell have you been all this time ? we got fed up waiting and popped up to the championship a couple of times 

last time promptly right back down mind you , So the REAL derby is back on , I could practically walk to the Stirling Beanobeu stadium from where i live 

Excellent . 

It’s been too long.  

let the old times return and all have an enjoyable season 

8 derbies next season. Proper derbies, not shite like Stenny (although I do enjoy watching matches behind the goals with a big crowd at Ochilview).

I'm old school so still regard the Bairns as the biggest game, even though its certainly not reciprocated, but Alloa should be good fun too. Looking forward to visiting the Old Brewery again. 

Also, a new ground to tick off with Cove. And a first trip to Dumfries since March 2011. Always sticks in my mind that game, as Scotland played Brazil at the Emirates the next day. 

Not been to Hamilton in many years either. 

Fair to say I'm quite looking forward to next season. 

12 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I am sure it is, did you sing along to this line with your didgeridoo and a stylophone  ?

Wrong nonce.

4 hours ago, BTFD said:

Hiya Binos, hiya pals!

Will be very interesting to see how strong this league is next season. There might not be obviously weaker sides from the off, and clubs like Falkirk, Hamilton, and Queens likely won't be a million miles better than the rest of us.

I think it'll be the opposite. I think it'll be a fight to the bottom. I fully expect Annan, Stirling and EFC to be down there. I think Kelty could be down there again as well. 

At the other end I don't think there will be a clear favourite*. Falkirk should be but they've struggled. I think we might be a bit of an unknown for a while if MB recruits from England (though I wouldn't swap him for any other manager in the league so have faith in him). Hamilton need to get their house in order. Cove have Hartley which is a great boost for everyone else. Montrose and Alloa should be right up there fighting for the playoffs again. I really wouldn't want to call the top 4 the now but think my bottom 3 will be right come the end of the season**. 

*Falkirk likely in the betting but I wouldn't be confident putting money on them given the way things have went for them down here. 

** I reserve the right to change that view after seeing the squads...

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think it'll be the opposite. I think it'll be a fight to the bottom. I fully expect Annan, Stirling and EFC to be down there. I think Kelty could be down there again as well. 

At the other end I don't think there will be a clear favourite*. Falkirk should be but they've struggled. I think we might be a bit of an unknown for a while if MB recruits from England (though I wouldn't swap him for any other manager in the league so have faith in him). Hamilton need to get their house in order. Cove have Hartley which is a great boost for everyone else. Montrose and Alloa should be right up there fighting for the playoffs again. I really wouldn't want to call the top 4 the now but think my bottom 3 will be right come the end of the season**. 

*Falkirk likely in the betting but I wouldn't be confident putting money on them given the way things have went for them down here. 

I'll be honest, I forgot about Annan. Although, going by last season, everyone will tip them for tenth place and they'll be title challengers at Christmas.

Also just had a weird Mandela Effect moment - I was sure Paul Hartley had resigned at Cove when they were relegated. He does well at this level, and apparently they're going full-time next season, so I wouldn't bet against them.

Hello all.

This'll be a new experience for me, I started going to Accies games in 2006 so managed to miss out on the hard times of the homeless years.

Obviously scunnered with what's going on at the club and the journey we've been on to get here, but there's grounds I haven't been too, so least something to look forward too.

As well as the fact that a few of the away days are actually more local to me than homes games is very convenient.

Also fun to have a bit of PTSD with Annan being in the league...

5 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

What is the away fans rough numbers for the teams in the league? Edinburgh worst supported?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-league-one/attendances

Useful page to bookmark…and you can knock around a bit to see the others for this year, but here they are; Accies were 1,441, Cove were 1,018, Annan 381 and you lot show 860. League One lost 1, 3, 7, and 9 in attendence. Net loss is roughly 7,500 average out and 3,600 average in…

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

I'll be honest, I forgot about Annan. Although, going by last season, everyone will tip them for tenth place and they'll be title challengers at Christmas.

Also just had a weird Mandela Effect moment - I was sure Paul Hartley had resigned at Cove when they were relegated. He does well at this level, and apparently they're going full-time next season, so I wouldn't bet against them.

Hartley having more time with the players is only a good thing for the other clubs. 

9 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

I am sure it is, did you sing along to this line with your didgeridoo and a stylophone  ?

9 hours ago, BTFD said:

Wrong nonce.

Yes, wrong nonce on that one Vegetableman, however I was singing it with my floppy kangol bucket hat, mirrored sunglasses, green parka jackets and holding a tin of Red Strip.....looking "well 'ard".

Edited by BB_Bino

10 hours ago, BTFD said:

Wrong nonce.

Tie me kangaroo down is unlikely to be used as a football chant though , Although the one used  by Mr  BB Bino 

has kinda lost its edge for some reason , I am off to watch old re-runs of "Its a Knockout * just to remind myself of how bad the 70's 80's were .

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

9 hours ago, BTFD said:

Annan have signed the vast majority of their promotion squad up again so will have a good degree of continuity. I've no idea about Stirling really but I've not heard any suggestion of mass defections so I imagine they'll be similar. Clearly both Edinburgh and Kelty with ownership changes are likely to have a bit of unheaval. Doesn't mean they won't get it instantly right though. Alan Maybury at Edinburgh has a track record that suggests he shouldn't be written off whilst Tidser at Kelty will be a mystery.

The lazy assumption is that 4 full time sides (Falkirk, Hamilton, Cove and us) should in theory fight out the Promotion and Playoff slots. 4 relatively recent arrivals (Edinburgh, Kelty, Stirling and Annan) should fight out the bottom four and Alloa and Montrose in the middle could join either fight with good or bad seasons. Of course it won't work like that. We saw last season that full time or not we spent the whole season almost in the bottom half whilst Edinburgh were promotion challengers for much of it before fading late and Alloa did make the top 4. Chances are at least one of the full time sides will make a complete ricket of it and be wrong end for at least a significant part of the season and at least one of the bottom 4 will get a flyer and put significant points on the board early.

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Annan have signed the vast majority of their promotion squad up again so will have a good degree of continuity. I've no idea about Stirling really but I've not heard any suggestion of mass defections so I imagine they'll be similar.

Yip, exactly the same. Other than Danny Denholm, all of last seasons squad are in place for this coming season and so far Dale Hilston is the only new addition. Darren Young was quite clear at the end of the season that he was only looking to add 3 or 4 so we'll see where they come from. Possibly a couple of loans, he hasn't tended to rely on them but had 3 last season and a couple the season before. Suppose we'll see.

From looking at the squad, I would say a Left Back and 2 wide players will be on the cards, but then I don't know what the plans are with some of the youngsters we saw at the end of the season, 1 of which really stood out.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Annan have signed the vast majority of their promotion squad up again so will have a good degree of continuity. I've no idea about Stirling really but I've not heard any suggestion of mass defections so I imagine they'll be similar. Clearly both Edinburgh and Kelty with ownership changes are likely to have a bit of unheaval. Doesn't mean they won't get it instantly right though. Alan Maybury at Edinburgh has a track record that suggests he shouldn't be written off whilst Tidser at Kelty will be a mystery.

The lazy assumption is that 4 full time sides (Falkirk, Hamilton, Cove and us) should in theory fight out the Promotion and Playoff slots. 4 relatively recent arrivals (Edinburgh, Kelty, Stirling and Annan) should fight out the bottom four and Alloa and Montrose in the middle could join either fight with good or bad seasons. Of course it won't work like that. We saw last season that full time or not we spent the whole season almost in the bottom half whilst Edinburgh were promotion challengers for much of it before fading late and Alloa did make the top 4. Chances are at least one of the full time sides will make a complete ricket of it and be wrong end for at least a significant part of the season and at least one of the bottom 4 will get a flyer and put significant points on the board early.

What happened to QOS last season? Poor signings? Gibson leaving? Combination? I figured you guys would bounce right back to Championship

Much more confident this time around?

9 hours ago, Passionate said:

So long guys,  we are going on a gap' year,    will miss the lively debates,   the crowd wanks etc.....  

an revoir

and Falkirk always remember WE OWN YOU

Was wondering about this. Who is gonna step up and take over the mantle of riding the fook out of Falkirk this season? 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond