Dundee United 23/24

Listening to the interviews on the BBC and on United's own platform, I can't really disagree with too much Goodwin said other than he thought Meekison was excellent.

Shit result, really slow in the final third, but apart from one mistake from Denham which ultimately cost us a goal, I don't think we were particularly troubled defensively.

We desperately need to work on movement in the final third and to sign a target man striker though. And Goodwin desperately need to work on a strategy to break down teams who sit in. But then so did Neilson and all the other managers we had in the Championship.

Disappointed, but I'm not panicking any time soon.

16 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Listening to the interviews on the BBC and on United's own platform, I can't really disagree with too much Goodwin said other than he thought Meekison was excellent.

Shit result, really slow in the final third, but apart from one mistake from Denham which ultimately cost us a goal, I don't think we were particularly troubled defensively.

We desperately need to work on movement in the final third and to sign a target man striker though. And Goodwin desperately need to work on a strategy to break down teams who sit in. But then so did Neilson and all the other managers we had in the Championship.

Not having a go at you but just quoting you because you are quoting the manager.

Not being troubled defensively by Spartans isn't the levels I'm looking for.

We looked like the better team because so we fucking should. Not executing is the issue 

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Was at game. Utd going through the motions. Watt and Middleton were utter impostors.

Well done Spartans.

Screenshot2023-07-15at18-15-24SpartansvDU.thumb.png.23e9ec9a30dd36e69de5c4a0eb6e3486.png

I’d certainly like to hear from United fans who were at the game about Watt (and I suppose Middleton).

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Pair of c***s.

I'll maybe be more constructive tomorrow 

Not looking for constructive, more objective.  The jury is definitely out on Watt, I think most of us want to give him the benefit of the doubt but he will be judged on his performances.

On a separate note, @ArabFC is making an arse of himself by red dotting people rather than engaging with them.  If you have an alternate view why not just come on and offer it?

11 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

If his head's screwed on property. Otherwise he'll wander around aimlessly until the ball is played directly to his feet and then run with the ball until he comes up against a challenge and then throw himself to the ground, 40:60 chance of getting a free kick.

Ahem.

41 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Add Shankland and you've got Neilson's team which ran away with the Championship. Of course that team was incredibly pedestrian apart from Shankland so, ...

Edit: so just need to sign someone as good as Shankland and we're laughing. Nae bother.

Edited by Pull My Strings

So they have to get this striker signing right.

Watt today was ok considering he was playing his first minutes in about 4 months. I don't think he should be played up top alone though.

Middleton was pish. No anticipation, sluggish and did very little.

I don't have too much faith in Freeman or McMann though.

Perhaps Sibbald in centre mid and Grimshaw at right back would be better?

28 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Not having a go at you but just quoting you because you are quoting the manager.

Not being troubled defensively by Spartans isn't the levels I'm looking for.

We looked like the better team because so we fucking should. Not executing is the issue 

Of course, that's absolutely fair.

The season we were promoted; did we not lose to East Fife at Tannadice and everyone thought we were going to be the shits then as well.