Dundee United 23/24

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Any highlights?

Couldn't make the game but assume we are back back back? 

No, we are still terrible. But we werent as terrible as usual so there is that..

On 22/07/2023 at 19:52, SGMilne said:

Based on Goodwin's post match, I suspect we're in for a season of reasonably tight football, where it's the dreaded "pass it sideways until there's a space" philosophy. Not great, but if it wins games, so be it.

Today was fine. Moult and Watt still aren't fit, but everyone did their job ok except probably Middleton, who was again underwhelming for one of our most senior players.

I thought Graham was fine even though some around me seemed to loudly disagree. He makes the odd mistake but he also tries to bring it forward. Very one footed though.

All the subs did fine when they came on too.

Based on what Goodwin had said during the week, maybe Niskanen isn't away, and tbh, I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed. He might be chronically lacking in composure, but he brings things forward.

Logan Chalmers though, I suspect might be on his way out. That's two games in a row where he hasn't come on, and after his selfish performance vs Spartans I'm not too shocked by that. I'd love him to succeed but it looks like he learned nothing. You could say Middleton, Watt, Cudjoe, Fotheringham and Niskanen are all ahead of him in the pecking order, and if Behic eventually comes back - and considering he has a squad number, he might still - then that would be him as 7th choice out wide.

Fine then, we'll take him as a favour to you.

32 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Anthony Stewart: Aberdeen captain responds to alleged racist abuse after St  Mirren defeat | Football News | Sky Sports

I know Aberdeen fans have absolutely slated the guy but given the league we are in, would he really be a bad signing? Genuine question, don’t know a great deal about him. 
Think Goodwin has realised pretty quickly that Denham isn’t ready for the psychical aspects of the Scottish game quite yet. 

I'd say Aberdeen fans are the best placed to say being the only group of people to have watched him on a weekly basis in Scotland. I don't view the Scottish Championship as just a physical league in the mould of League One or League Two in England where Anthony Stewart thrived and so I would probably err on the side of him not being well suited for the Scottish game unless his weak spots can be covered.

Apparently he's as slow as a week in the jail now. Mr Martin will be happy(ish) though.

You'd imagine it would take pretty decent wages to tempt him down a division but would be a great addition at both ends of the park.

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Get off your high horse you fud.

Thank you.

Aye, I suppose Dundee supporters doesn’t see that as an issue.*

* Only kidding, I’m sure there’s lots of Dundee supporters who would.

20 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Declan Gallagher in bound. Correct ✅

Miles off the pace when he came back for pre season, has lost a yard of pace, we are delighted to be getting him off the wage bill. Should do a turn with the rest of the plodders in the United team though.

27 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Apparently he's as slow as a week in the jail now. Mr Martin will be happy(ish) though.

You'd imagine it would take pretty decent wages to tempt him down a division but would be a great addition at both ends of the park.

He’s done.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, I suppose Dundee supporters doesn’t see that as an issue.*

* Only kidding, I’m sure there’s lots of Dundee supporters who would.

I see an issue with it but i don't know why you'd bother trying to smear him ten years later. 

People make mistakes and he paid the price for doing so. He's been involved with football since his release and has done very well for himself. Hopefully he learned alot from his errors in youth. He's now got family i believe and moving on with his life while losers like you with nothing better to do dig your nose into their lives.

Don't know who you thie people, especially aftnk you are to judger your political posts where you threatened violence on this very platform. Do everyone a holier than favour and preach yourt holier than hou act on a platform where people don't know you're an angry, bitter old fudpiece. 

images(15).jpeg.5b02496b86cfdbe454028ac63f544e85.jpeg

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

22 minutes ago, McG said:

Miles off the pace when he came back for pre season, has lost a yard of pace, we are delighted to be getting him off the wage bill. Should do a turn with the rest of the plodders in the United team though.

Well that's worrying.