Dundee United 23/24

45 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

For the level we are at we have a good starting 11 but could really do with a couple of additions to beef up the squad, doesn’t need to be superstars, a couple of players like Smith and Jakubiak would improve our options. 

Still sniffing around for Dundee cast-offs?

How the mighty have fallen.

Oh dearie me.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, skinny arab said:

For the level we are at we have a good starting 11 but could really do with a couple of additions to beef up the squad, doesn’t need to be superstars, a couple of players like Smith and Jakubiak would improve our options. 

I was with you until you named those names. A couple more signings would have been nice, but there we go.

You guys ken that the window doesn't close until tonight?

Anyway, I reckon Smith has probably signed or agreed to sign already. Free agent so doesn't need to be done today. I've seen references to his legs having gone but he played 39 times for Hearts last season, starting and finishing most games. It's possible that he's fallen off a cliff since then but I wouldn't assume that's the case.

Another striker would be good but I presume that Watt's the back-up option should Moult be missing and there's plenty of guys can cover for the position Watt's currently playing. 

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

You guys ken that the window doesn't close until tonight?

Anyway, I reckon Smith has probably signed or agreed to sign already. Free agent so doesn't need to be done today. I've seen references to his legs having gone but he played 39 times for Hearts last season, starting and finishing most games. It's possible that he's fallen off a cliff since then but I wouldn't assume that's the case.

Another striker would be good but I presume that Watt's the back-up option should Moult be missing and there's plenty of guys can cover for the position Watt's currently playing. 

Watt is not a natural finisher, not even close.  If he’s going to be the back up and Moult is injured for any length of time then we’re fucked.

35 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

You dont think Smith and Jakubiak would be better options off of the bench than Freeman and McLeod?

Smith yes, Jakubiak no.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Watt is not a natural finisher, not even close.  If he’s going to be the back up and Moult is injured for any length of time then we’re fucked.

Well, we're only fucked if we're relying on Moult to score all the goals. Which I don't think we are.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Good luck finding a 'natural finisher' that's going to sit on the bench at a Scottish Championship club for naff all money.

Unless we're counting someone like Nicky Clark as a natural finisher.