Dundee United 23/24

5 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

image.thumb.png.20fc30be5044ea9a99d04931b6c3e2c1.png:lol: Jesus Christ. Calling in politicians now.

I obviously agree that disabled fans should be made to feel accommodated at games, but you're absolutely never going to make any progress with an attitude like this.

Worse than I thought.

Every club has their idiots but even by that standard, that's poor.

8 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I agree with this. I notice it less now as I don't go to many games these days, and I have muted most of the angrier fans on social media, but it always felt like there was a section of our support who almost revelled in our failures. It was always much worse at Tannadice, our away support is generally much better.

Our support has always needed a scapegoat on the pitch. Right now, it's Kieran Freeman. It'll be someone else soon enough. 

I don't think its unique to Dundee United supporters, having said that.

Totally agree with you. It’s still very evident in most forums e.g. Eddie’s army.

19 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

It wouldn’t have anything to do with Docherty and Sibbald both missing and Grimshaw not being right back would it?

I think that’s a big part of it.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Nah. It's been atrocious for getting on for 2 years now.

Goodwin has been manager for five months including the summer break.  What’s happened in the last two years is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think that’s a big part of it.

Goodwin has been manager for five months including the summer break.  What’s happened in the last two years is irrelevant.

I don't particularly care who the manager is. We haven't been able to put teams away at home for a long time.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm actually in favour of her anti-drum stance.

I'm totally against her trying to quote the equalities act to try to justify it though

She was critical of a Thistle fans group last season for publicising the fact that they’d raised money for season tickets for refugees.

A total fucking roaster. 

5 hours ago, SGMilne said:

While today wasn't exactly the most exciting performance - after the fan incident that led to the long pause in play I thought we lost our groove - I thought the reactions from the crowd today were way over the top.

I've tweeted and put on this forum that I think Freeman is a player who plays like he's got PTSD (and to the conversation above, I think it's ok to criticise players performances online unless you're being personal or worse, tagging them) and I really don't think the way large sections of the crowd reacted to him making the slightest mistake was on. Similarly when United decided to shore up and let Airdrie play across their back four, the boos seemed a bit much.#

For me, we never looked remotely threatened, we kept a clean sheet and we're top of the league. We aren't going to win every game at a canter, and there is room to express disappointment or feel a player is underperforming without resorting to booing.

Maybe I'm just getting old 😀

Anyway, I hope the person who had a health issue is ok.

I'm not sure what the booing was about.  Part, at least from where I was sitting,  seemed to be booing Airdrie for the awful, negative, boring play.

10 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I agree with this. I notice it less now as I don't go to many games these days, and I have muted most of the angrier fans on social media, but it always felt like there was a section of our support who almost revelled in our failures. It was always much worse at Tannadice, our away support is generally much better.

I've sure I've said this before, but I've long felt there's been an tangible shift in the atmosphere for the worse at Tannadice after the window where we sold GMS and Armstrong. Since then if we're not 3/4-0 up at half time at home it's not just the amount of moaning you hear, but the venom that comes with it that makes you wonder why some people are even bothering coming along, because they seem determined to be infuriated.

Obviously there have been times before 2015 when our home crowd has been unreasonable to the point of unpleasantness (Erskine getting booed off when he was subbed on his debut jumps to mind), but these days it takes startlingly little to get our home crowd to turn on the team. When you chuck in an absolute dumpster fire like last season into the mix it makes going along to Tannadice a much more tiresome experience than it should be.

13 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

image.thumb.png.20fc30be5044ea9a99d04931b6c3e2c1.png:lol: Jesus Christ. Calling in politicians now.

I obviously agree that disabled fans should be made to feel accommodated at games, but you're absolutely never going to make any progress with an attitude like this.

I’m confused by the “away fans sneak a drum in” what do they do put it under their shirt 😂. It’s not exactly something the steward has to search you for.  I sympathise if it gives her a migraine but there’s a drum at pretty much every stadium you go to. 

15 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

Curious what you folk think of this.

Personally, I think it's a total riddy to think that you are to be prioritised over hundreds, if not thousands, who would rather a good atmosphere than a soulless one - that applies to absolutely anyone with anything.

Thoughts?

So because it's a Sunday morning and I've got tunes on so can do this at the same time I searched the she/hers posts and find that

1. She doesn't go to many games anyway, or at least none between 2017 and 2021

2. She likes attending concerts, presumably ones without drums, and is partial to the occasional musical (maybe muted with subtitles).

My conclusion, this is not a football fan never mind a Dundee United fan and is clearly an attention seeker Screenshot_20230903-103043.thumb.png.6253d9994c2f9e680671a7ccc794e2f5.png 

Screenshot_20230903-103229.png

Screenshot_20230903-103245.png

Screenshot_20230903-103202.png