Dundee United 23/24

13 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

She was critical of a Thistle fans group last season for publicising the fact that they’d raised money for season tickets for refugees.

A total fucking roaster. 

I get that impression.  The idea of a quiet zone at a football stadium is actually a good one - Simon Murray actually helped in establishing one at Ross County (it’s called the entire West Stand, etc etc).     His son is autistic and can’t come and see him play otherwise, but he didn’t demand everybody else go without in order to satisfy his needs.  

I guess being autistic doesn’t prevent egotism and entitlement.  

I'm autistic, my youngest daughter is autistic. Can quite happily attend matches and enjoy the atmosphere.

Autism is a spectrum and all individuals who are neurodivergent find issues in different things (and not everyone has issues related to noise). My youngest is super noise sensitive but any time she's been to a match she's well prepared and knows what to expect and always has the option to leave if it gets too much.

This person complaining is just a super self entitled gripe who loves a moan. Regardless of neurological differences, being autistic doesn't give you licence to act like the twat they are.

It's the expectation of differently abled to have things be accessible to them and that's absolutely fair and reasonable, what she's requesting isn't fair and reasonable and quite frankly what she's asking for and what she's posted about in the past just show grand hypocrisy, she's dressing up her particular dislike in a call about ableism and it's pretty obvious it's nothing to do with her autism.

Does this lassie sit in the ET stand, directly behind the singing section? Seems an odd choice of seat if so. She could instead be up in the top deck of the GF, with earprotectors, for example, and that would probably be less overwhelming (although more expensive,  which might be an issue). 

More generally,  I wonder if there might be  merit in creating a quiet(er) space in the unused portion of the Jerry Kerr, or perhaps giving over a couple of the executive boxes for fans who have sensory sensitivities. 

Watching (the start) of the Old Firm game, they were introducing it (as ever) as a game with the best atmosphere in World Football. When Celtic scored you could hear a pin drop.

That's not an 'atmosphere', and I kinda feel the same about drums and megaphones. It's just a monotonous noise to me. 

An atmosphere is when supporters are reacting to the game and the opposition fans. Singing organically.

But each to their own.

Edited by ArabFC

On 03/09/2023 at 13:42, ArabFC said:

Watching (the start) of the Old Firm game, they were introducing it (as ever) as a game with the best atmosphere in World Football. When Celtic scored you could hear a pin drop.

That's not an 'atmosphere', and I kinda feel the same about drums and megaphones. It's just a monotonous noise to me. 

An atmosphere is when supporters are reacting to the game and the opposition fans. Singing organically.

But each to their own.

I have a wee feeling that the stadium may have fallen silent at that goal, and also the lack of back-and-forth, was because there were no Celtic fans there?