Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Peter Haring is pretty much a stick on following his release from Hearts according to twitter.

Don't really know enough about him to comment tbh.

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

He is a big, physical presence in midfield.  Hasn't played a lot this season, I assume he has been injured 

Permacrock?  If so not what we need.

IMG_1602.thumb.jpeg.95d6f8312e40a0ab6b6854fd17da7121.jpeg

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Peter Haring is pretty much a stick on following his release from Hearts according to twitter.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Permacrock?  If so not what we need.

IMG_1602.thumb.jpeg.95d6f8312e40a0ab6b6854fd17da7121.jpeg

He's completely finished. Can barely move.

Hearts fans have nothing but nice things to say about Haring, but I just doubt how often he would actually get on the pitch for us looking at his injury record.

Would rather we tried to bring him in on trial first, to see how fit he was rather than immediately offering him a deal.

17 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Season 4 Hospital GIF by NBC

13 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Can't wait to play 15 games next year  with Gallagher, Holt, Docherty and Haring out injured. 

There was reference earlier on in this thread to the fact that we had to avoid signing players who were constantly missing games through injury.

Any player can pick up a knock early on in their time at a club that might plague them throughout their contract; that’s just one of those things.  However signing players who already have that sort of history must be avoided at all costs.

We’ve suffered through some horrendous signings whilst Fat Tony was ‘guiding’ the club.  This cannot be repeated.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

There was reference earlier on in this thread to the fact that we had to avoid signing players who were constantly missing games through injury.

Any player can pick up a knock early on in their time at a club that might plague them throughout their contract; that’s just one of those things.  However signing players who already have that sort of history must be avoided at all costs.

We’ve suffered through some horrendous signings whilst Fat Tony was ‘guiding’ the club.  This cannot be repeated.

I would tend to agree, but then we have Louis Moult.

A rumour elsewhere is that Will Ferry of Cheltenham Town is a done deal but this should be taken with a pinch of salt I think.

He plays LB I think so would make sense if true.

Think Blackpool and other Englush clubs are interested in him as well.

28 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

A rumour elsewhere is that Will Ferry of Cheltenham Town is a done deal but this should be taken with a pinch of salt I think.

He plays LB I think so would make sense if true.

Think Blackpool and other Englush clubs are interested in him as well.

not a done deal yet. Battling out with another premiership club. Interest is true though. 

55 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Looking forward to him being joined by Dave Whitfield and Jimmy Lochee

10 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Barry Douglas coming home.

Part of the grand scheme…

I'd like to see a couple of players with genuine pace and, as I always ask for, a 6foot5 nut job centre half that would throw his granny through a brick wall then drive a bus over her to get to the ball.

27 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'd like to see a couple of players with genuine pace and, as I always ask for, a 6foot5 nut job centre half that would throw his granny through a brick wall then drive a bus over her to get to the ball.

Remember VAR is back this season