Dundee United 23/24

If we could offer 100k odd to County for Murray we should offer it to Peterborough for Fuchs back instead.

I don't think Gallagher will go the rest of the season if he's got a niggly groin injury so desperately need a natural right footed CB as others have said, which is why I mentioned Bisland and O'Donnell as they both can play RCB/RB afaik and apparently both being scouted by EPL teams for their academy. In my view if they are good enough for EPL academy teams they are good enough for championship level FFS.

The M.O. for EPL academies is to hoard anyone they've heard of who might have an ounce of ability at an early age, hope 1 in 100 makes the breakthrough and flog another 10 in 100 for some money. It's not an automatic badge of quality. 

I see you're in a 'three way tug of war' with Partick Thistle and Raith for Dom Thomas.

Jim Goodwin seems intent on bringing in loads of guys that'll be brilliant in the Championship but not much use in the top flight. Fair enough for a season but this one seems a bit suspect.

Not only are we going head to head for a league title…. According to the daily Ranger we also apparently going head to head with dom Thomas along with partick, I see this as bs from our side, Ex scum, we fucking hate him and he hates us…. IMO I think it’s a load of tosh and just linking the top 3 of the championship to another championship player 

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see you're in a 'three way tug of war' with Partick Thistle and Raith for Dom Thomas.

Jim Goodwin seems intent on bringing in loads of guys that'll be brilliant in the Championship but not much use in the top flight. Fair enough for a season but this one seems a bit suspect.

Season 3 Showtime GIF by The L Word: Generation Q

There seems to be a bit of disparity between our home form and our away from, and whilst it's not the complete answer I can't help but think that we the fans are part of the issue. Tannadice is either like a fucking morgue, or seething cesspit of ire towards our own players. It must get through to the players and have some kind of impact. I overheard someone, after a series of simple sideway passes at the back, say "it's like they're scared to make a mistake" - They most probably are.

It was interesting to hear the Falkirk fan on the radio yesterday crediting their 'Ultras' with a hand in their successful season. If Tannadice was a somewhat happier place to play your football, I still think Liam Grimshaw would pass the ball back the way, but it would surely have some kind of positive impact.

Not sure if the Dom Thomas story has any truth in it, but if it were to, why on earth (wages aside) would he want to come here.

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

There seems to be a bit of disparity between our home form and our away from, and whilst it's not the complete answer I can't help but think that we the fans are part of the issue. Tannadice is either like a fucking morgue, or seething cesspit of ire towards our own players. It must get through to the players and have some kind of impact. I overheard someone, after a series of simple sideway passes at the back, say "it's like they're scared to make a mistake" - They most probably are.

Aye after we scored the 2nd, I saw Watt gesturing towards the fans in the George Fox like he was asking them to calm down and stick with the team. We play best when there's a lot of quick passes in the final 3rd to help open teams up, and I think that takes a degree of confidence.

3 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

Aye after we scored the 2nd, I saw Watt gesturing towards the fans in the George Fox like he was asking them to calm down and stick with the team. We play best when there's a lot of quick passes in the final 3rd to help open teams up, and I think that takes a degree of confidence.

Yes, but the fans don’t seem to understand that the sideways and backwards passing is not for its own sake, it’s looking for opportunities to play into.  Then when the ball does go forward quickly as they demand it’s lost, because it wasn’t on. 

4 hours ago, Steven W said:

It was interesting to hear the Falkirk fan on the radio yesterday crediting their 'Ultras' with a hand in their successful season. If Tannadice was a somewhat happier place to play your football, I still think Liam Grimshaw would pass the ball back the way, but it would surely have some kind of positive impact.

Not sure if the Dom Thomas story has any truth in it, but if it were to, why on earth (wages aside) would he want to come here.

It's because we have no creativity in midfield and can't break down teams who sit back and don't come at us.

I also don't doubt we have some players who play better in training or Scotland u19s or L2 but I'm not sure the fans accommodating their nervousness is the answer.

9 hours ago, the west curve said:

Why do United always add on a few thousand when they announce the crowd? 

Presumably so they have to pay the taxman more money?

Attendance on Saturday was given as 7,700.  The ground holds 14,000 - you didn’t think it looked half full?

Why are we not going for someone like Rumarn Burrell who has scored 20 goals this season for Cove instead of 30+ year old has beens/never will be journeymen?  Targeting the lower leagues has worked in the past (Conway, Swanson, Gomis, etc) and if its just for a bit of squad competition?

13 hours ago, the west curve said:

Why do United always add on a few thousand when they announce the crowd? 

How many do you think were there? George Fox and East stand almost full which have capacity of 8500. Think it’s spot on considering few hundred away fans too.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Indeed. Once you find out what happened to the Titanic, be sure to let us know.

Lolz. I'm late to the party.