Dundee United 23/24

1 hour ago, Fife Arab said:

Bit of confusion last week regarding possible Brighton owner interested in buying United. 

Turns out this is true. Meeting took place last week. Two confirmed meetings with Brighton and Brentford now. Interesting. 

Seen you posted and assumed it was to tell us that Docherty was out for tomorrow night :)

Good to see there is some interest in the club though

17 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Seen you posted and assumed it was to tell us that Docherty was out for tomorrow night :)

Good to see there is some interest in the club though

Interest is not always a good thing.

See the Thompson Family and the Ogren Family!

The people being talked about have done well at their respective clubs but while it is possible to make money up here it would be very very difficult to make anything worth shouting about ( Unless you unearth the next Gauld, Robbo era). That won't happen until the English leagues finally burst. Which won't happen either.

So we'll either be part of some tax dodge, a millionaire's plaything they'll get bored with sinking money into eventially or, hopefully, someone serious who really fancies a long term challenge.

If you can't make money down south in English football then you're probably not capable of thinking.

Brighton and Brentford are probably the two most well-run English clubs, at least of the small ones. I wouldn't mind the owners coming in but I do find it odd that they us as the Scottish team they would want to invest in considering our debt and current division. surely a team like... I don't know Kilmarnock? would be a better proposition right now.

38 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Brighton and Brentford are probably the two most well-run English clubs, at least of the small ones. I wouldn't mind the owners coming in but I do find it odd that they us as the Scottish team they would want to invest in considering our debt and current division. surely a team like... I don't know Kilmarnock? would be a better proposition right now.

I think Matthew Benham, Brentford, was quoted a while ago as saying United was his "Scottish team", but can't recall where I read that. He certainly made money out of his Midtylland venture, selling on to ASOS (and many other fashion companies) owner Anders Povlsen, who is incidentally one of the richest landowners in Scotland.

Tony Bloom, who fell out with Benham after being a friend and business partner, may be trying for a bit of one-upmanship: in any case, it's no bad thing if more than one party is interested.

Another reason for "why us?": Ogren wants out, are the likes of Killie for sale? Perhaps we're at a low ebb, our price presently would be less favourable to a purchaser if we were in Kilmarnock's league position.

3 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

We've no third party debt so that shouldn't be an issue. Such debt as exists on the balance sheet is owed to the guy who owns the shares so is simply Ogren wearing two hats. It's notable only as a measure of his folly/largesse.

Surely Badloss can’t remain?  He looked like he was out his depth there tonight.

Make Watt player-manager for the rest of the season, with a suitable pay rise to cover the extra work and responsibilities he will have.  It’s your best hope.

44 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Imagine being outwitted by James McPake. There are other careers out there, Jim. You're still a relatively young man. 

Yeah, needs to get back to punting sweeties/chocolate for Cadbury.

First time tonight I've properly questioned what Goodwin is trying to achieve. No answer at all to what the pars done.

Felt like that's us fucked the title tbh. And there's no hope of getting up through the play offs.

After such a great unbeaten run start of the season feels like this is the nadir of the issues United have faced last few seasons.

I remain convinced that we are in such a lofty position in the league in spite of that useless c**t in the dugout, rather than because of him.

How on earth what he produced at the end of last season convinced the board he was worthy of permanent appointment is baffling, and since then he has continually shown a lack of tactical awareness. Meanwhile, there is a distinct lack of a physical/nasty edge in the team, which would be the one thing you’d expect from the man given he was a vile c**t of a player.

Fucking fire him into the sun, along with whoever was responsible for giving him a permanent job in the first place. We won’t win the league with him in charge, and given the lack of bottle, we’ll be lucky to even make the playoff final to shite it there.

I’m glad I posted this morning after calming down. This was a far more reserved response than the one I prepared following the game.