Dundee United 23/24

Going back to McMann (who did have a good season) this season I always thought each game that he was busting a gut and that he was giving everything to play well at this level. I suspect that even with that level of effort that it just won't be enough in the Premier (again) 

The championship I believe is his level  

It's an odd, but nice, feeling knowing we are done for the season, achieved the main objective, and the next time I get to support my team in a competitive game will be Scotland at the Euros

23 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Thank you felt like tradition wasn't being met this transfer window.

For what it’s worth I know someone who was in contact with him recently and he mentioned his contract was expiring and that he would love to come back to united. A front 2 of Murray and Safranko would certainly be as hard working a front 2 as you could ask for just not sure there’s enough goals there. 

4 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Going back to McMann (who did have a good season) this season I always thought each game that he was busting a gut and that he was giving everything to play well at this level. I suspect that even with that level of effort that it just won't be enough in the Premier (again) 

The championship I believe is his level  

Getting criticised for giving everything is a new one.

He was good in the top flight when he played left back. Hardly his fault he didn't look as good playing in a back three when the whole team was capitulating.

Given that he's spent his career playing in the top flight bar one season when he was a standout for the best team in the league, I think it's fair to say the Championship is not his level.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

He was good in the top flight when he played left back. Hardly his fault he didn't look as good playing in a back three when the whole team was capitulating.

Given that he's spent his career playing in the top flight bar one season when he was a standout for the best team in the league, I think it's fair to say the Championship is not his level.

Tend to agree. Considering we're not exactly in a position to splash much cash around, we'll do very well to find someone better than McMann*.

* unless of course the reason was let go was on a very good wedge, and his release was something of a cost saving exercise

Edited by Steven W

48 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I've clearly not criticised him for his effort, that doesn't make sense.

What I said was, I feel McMann at his very best isn't good enough for the Premier. I don't believe he would be a stand out or top performer in the Premier 

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

I've clearly not criticised him for his effort, that doesn't make sense.

What I said was, I feel McMann at his very best isn't good enough for the Premier. I don't believe he would be a stand out or top performer in the Premier 

McMann has already proved he’s a decent premier league player with us but I think most people can’t look past last season when he was poor but being played out of position in a team full of poor performers. He will never be a standout but is a steady player who can do a decent job. If Goodwin thinks he can get a better player for a similar or lower wage then great, we should be looking to upgrade wherever possible. Should be a very interesting transfer window. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fuchs leaving Peterborough.

Didn't really get on well at all there. Would we take him back? Could be a good foil for Sibbald if Doc was out.

Wouldn't say no to him.  He has had a lot of injuries the past year though.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Fuchs leaving Peterborough.

Didn't really get on well at all there. Would we take him back? Could be a good foil for Sibbald if Doc was out.

Never resign a former player 

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

6'3, 24 year old Dutch centre half?  I'll take him

Well in that case I hear there's a 33 year old, 6'2 International capped Australian goalkeeper who's available. He's played in the Dutch leagues too.