Dundee United 23/24

6 minutes ago, wellfan919191 said:

Good chance it's wrong since my source isn't very reliable but I've heard about it a few times in the last few weeks.

I believe hes still in discussions with us atm, so probably just rumour so far

Looked good in first half of the season but seemed to spend a fair bit of time on the bench for Raith as their season fell away in last couple of months.  Think we need to be signing better.

5 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Looked good in first half of the season but seemed to spend a fair bit of time on the bench for Raith as their season fell away in last couple of months.  Think we need to be signing better.

He picked up a back injury after the first game at Tannadice and had constant problems with it throughout the second half of the season that’s why he was on the bench a few times 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He picked up a back injury after the first game at Tannadice and had constant problems with it throughout the second half of the season that’s why he was on the bench a few times 

He certainly did look like he was frequently struggling with life threatening injuries. Great strength of character to keep getting up again and playing on with no obvious ill effects. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Christ, I hope not. He's an absolute bell-end and not anywhere near talented enough to justify that personality.

Extremely average. Had the season of his life and still not good enough for the step up. 

4 hours ago, wellfan919191 said:

Heard Easton has signed for you guys and it was between Motherwell and Dundee United for him. Interested to know if there's been rumours from the united side since most rumours have been about Motherwell?

6 posts on pie and Bovril and every single one of them has been about Dylan Easton. 

You'd do a cracking job as his agent.

7 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

He's an arsehole and I always feel our squad could do with more arseholes, so I'd be all for this.

Seriously. 

Our squad was full of arseholes when we got relegated last year!

But seriously, I agree. We need an eloquence of arseholes for the upcoming season.

2 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Did Easton not break both ankles, his Tibia, Fibula and dislocate both knees playing against us? 

Glen, you've set that up for a joke about his goal at Tannadice. Not cool, man.

27 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Did Easton not break both ankles, his Tibia, Fibula and dislocate both knees playing against us? 

No, he broke both tibias and fibulas and a few metatarsals too. Come on eh, get it right.  😉

Folk on twitter having a meltdown about Holt triggering his extension.

I see him as an adequate squad player at prem level, I certainly don't think he deserves a start but we've not seen him play at premier level at centre half so who knows how he'll actually get on.

We could be spending money on an unknown quantity at LCH and be left with a total dud. Holt represents the known safe option who'll be a squad player at worst. Him and Gallagher best days are behind them but they've got experience at this level at least.

I'm hoping we keep Graham and sign a RCH with pace and potential or a known level of aptitude in the premiership.

I'll always struggle with what some people think our level is these days, I'd absolutely fucking love to see us smash everyone and win cups and the league but we are not exactly blessed with massive financial resources just now after the squandering of TA and stupid decisions made by Ogren. Clever astute signings and consolidation back into the top league for me, not spending money chasing a 1980s based pipe dream.

13 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I see him as an adequate squad player at prem level, I certainly don't think he deserves a start but we've not seen him play at premier level at centre half so who knows how he'll actually get on.

We could be spending money on an unknown quantity at LCH and be left with a total dud. Holt represents the known safe option who'll be a squad player at worst. Him and Gallagher best days are behind them but they've got experience at this level at least.

I'm hoping we keep Graham and sign a RCH with pace and potential or a known level of aptitude in the premiership.

I'll always struggle with what some people think our level is these days, I'd absolutely fucking love to see us smash everyone and win cups and the league but we are not exactly blessed with massive financial resources just now after the squandering of TA and stupid decisions made by Ogren. Clever astute signings and consolidation back into the top league for me, not spending money chasing a 1980s based pipe dream.

I think that's all bang on. I wouldn't expect to him to spend the season as first choice centre half but he might start the season depending on other recruitment and I'd have no qualms about him coming into the team as and when required. 

No issues with Holt being in the squad, or even in the team next season.  But whoever gets the starting spot between him, Gallagher or Graham, needs to have a pacey partner next to him

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Holt is a decent squad player and we know what we'll get from him aswell as playing in more than one position. This is a solid signing for the time being, maybe from 2025 onwards he'll be moved on but we could do with players like this consolidate in the premiership next season.

18 hours ago, Groot said:

Why do so many fans get themselves caught up in transfer fees and wages? Let the money men worry about that surely? 

Because the money men still have a finite pot of cash to spend and if they waste money on a diddy, they don't have it to spend elsewhere.

I know it’s early days but I am underwhelmed and uninspired by signings and potential signings.

Even the unconfirmed rumours are underwhelming and uninspiring.