The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fair play to you for coming on here to take the flak.

👏👏👏

Tbh,an hour ago I was spitting mad but now I might as well laugh also.

It’s not as if we are not used to fcuk ups as it happened regularly under Martin Canniewin and Stuart “interesting “Taylor.

To be fair once we pulled it back to 2-2,I was expecting a winner,but the ultimate lol was the smallest guy on the park(looked like an under 14 player) scoring with a header.

4 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

It’s not as if we are not used to fcuk ups as it happened regularly under Martin Canniewin and Stuart “interesting “Taylor.

Those 2 guys you mentioned got a lot of things wrong but at least had some sort of an idea and a gameplan Rankin has none.

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Do Accies fans think sacking the manager would do anything? Surely the players have to take some accountability ? 

Yes. This is the same manager that got us relegated in a division with 2 part time teams in it he should have went then. This season he has been backed fully by the new owner with pretty much a full new squad with the players he wanted and is wasting a good group of players. 1 win in our last 5 at home we haven't won 3 in a row since the 29th September. His subs kill us every other week. He has also fallen out with about 8 different players that he signed. A big part of his reputation before he joined us was improving youth players we had a youth squad in Europe this season and apart from Ryan Oné (who's left now) he hasn't given any of them a chance we had 2 youth players coming on for their debut at Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago but by the time Rankin attempted to bring them on the full time whistle went then the club had the arrogance to blame the ref. He's a complete clown and until he goes there is no chance that we will get out of this league.

14 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Do Accies fans think sacking the manager would do anything? Surely the players have to take some accountability ? 

Players like McGowan and Tumilty are the two who I'd call out for underperforming, although McGowan shouldn't be as exposed as he has been. There have definitely been results that I'd blame the players for, but today wasn't one of those, nor was Montrose. 

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Players like McGowan and Tumilty are the two who I'd call out for underperforming, although McGowan shouldn't be as exposed as he has been. There have definitely been results that I'd blame the players for, but today wasn't one of those, nor was Montrose. 

Had a feeling tumilty would sign for us bairns before he resigned...liked him in his loan spell & surprised to hear he ain't been that great 

29 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

In short. Yes to both.

I had to drag myself down to the game today & clearly that was a mistake! 😂

We are clear enough to be guaranteed the playoffs & with the league being realistically over weeks ago along with out recent abject home form it's no wonder a lot of the home support have clearly decided there's better things to do at 3pm on a freezing winter Saturday until the games actually mean something again.

13 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Similarly, if your BoD dont pull the trigger this week, do you think a defeat on Saturday would be enough to force them into action? Or would the fact you'll still be second and guaranteed playoffs be seen as him still meeting targets therefore they can't do anything? 

1 minute ago, AcciesAllTheTIme said:

Extremely sad that you’ve taken time out of your day to edit a picture of a totally innocent person to mock them. Absolute weirdo.

Get a grip mate, it's a bit of fun. A lot of teasing goes on here on P&B, maybe it isn't the right social media platform for you?

49 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Get a grip mate, it's a bit of fun. A lot of teasing goes on here on P&B, maybe it isn't the right social media platform for you?

I think it's strange to dig out someone who doesn't even post on here for no real reason. 

39 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think it's strange to dig out someone who doesn't even post on here for no real reason. 

To be fair I think the reasons are due to the OnlyAccies comments about being the best team in the league, awaiting the annual falkirk bottle job, superimposing their faces on the Falkirk Daft guys pictures with snidey comments and the Daft Falkirk joke. All of this is in good fun but should be prepared to get a bit of shithousery back when things go the opposite way as they have done to us. As for it being here... seems almost all falkirk fans have been blocked from the twitter so not much option. 

In all seriousness the podcasters across the division do a great job and OnlyAccies is no exception. I don't think anyone is meaning anything dark/malicious. Just a bit of shithousery/having a laugh in return for earlier in the season. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

the Daft Falkirk joke.

Because a play on words regarding the name of the podcast definitely merits someone who doesn’t even post on this site getting dug out on here with his photo being used.

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Because a play on words regarding the name of the podcast definitely merits someone who doesn’t even post on this site getting dug out on here with his photo being used.

Note you skipped all the other comments. But as I said, the play on words is funny and a bit of a laugh. And the same is being returned. Don't think he is being dug out because Falkirk fans have literally just made note of the fact that there is no match reaction video? Also a photo of the Falkirk Daft guys was also used on twitter and applauded by the Only Accies guy so can hardly be acting superior now. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

To be fair I think the reasons are due to the OnlyAccies comments about being the best team in the league, awaiting the annual falkirk bottle job, superimposing their faces on the Falkirk Daft guys pictures with snidey comments and the Daft Falkirk joke. All of this is in good fun but should be prepared to get a bit of shithousery back when things go the opposite way as they have done to us. As for it being here... seems almost all falkirk fans have been blocked from the twitter so not much option. 

In all seriousness the podcasters across the division do a great job and OnlyAccies is no exception. I don't think anyone is meaning anything dark/malicious. Just a bit of shithousery/having a laugh in return for earlier in the season. 

I genuinely haven't seen any of this, but I don't have a problem with Falkirk fans giving it back on Twitter if Ben's slagged them off. Doing it on a platform he isn't on just comes across as poor form and childish.

I also don't really like the idea of using other people's faces for internet clout as there's always the risk of some screwball taking it too far, but that's probably to be expected when you're creating content. 

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I genuinely haven't seen any of this, but I don't have a problem with Falkirk fans giving it back on Twitter if Ben's slagged them off. Doing it on a platform he isn't on just comes across as poor form and childish.

I also don't really like the idea of using other people's faces for internet clout as there's always the risk of some screwball taking it too far, but that's probably to be expected when you're creating content. 

It was a combination of Ben's tweets, comments he has made on the Falkirk Daft podcast and comments on the Only Accies podcast. 

I think the reason it's been brought here is mainly because of the mass block of Falkirk fans from the twitter and the fact they've declined to come and do the usual prematch guest interview on the Falkirk Daft podcast. It has just fanned the flames a bit and people are having a bit of a laugh since it very much appears a "can dish it out but can't take it" type scenario.

Don't think anyone is meaning anything nasty. As I said all the podcasts in the division are great and I'll often have a listen to others if I know Falkirk is mentioned and Only Accies is no exception. And if you get that engagement across fans it's inevitable there will be jokes and comments afterwards.