The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

It’s the teams with the biggest crowds that I was highlighting. It’s not a target on them, per se, simply that it reeks of the management team trying to squeeze the turnip.

Right, so there’s not some fixture categorisation in play at Accies, then.

Regardless of home attendances (or tickets sold…), I wouldn’t imagine the Fife clubs will be two of the larger travelling supports to visit Hamilton next season. 

Aye its good to be back. Would like to say I enjoyed our holiday to the seaside, but it was mostly a drag. Thankfully we decided to leave before things got too stale.

I'm both looking forward and very nervous about next season. I love how tight the league looks, but just means that every single game is going to be a battle, and you'll need to give 110% if you want to get anything.

At this moment, I think we need to strengthen in most areas if we are to compete. Rumours have it, we have a few things in the works so looking forward to see if they come to fruition.

Realistically this season has to be about stabilisation, its been a while since we were mid table in a league, so if we can get comfy in 5th or 6th this season, I'll settle for that.

I think a keeper, already rumoured, a strong Centre Mid and a striker, would be a good start to strengthen the team. Think we might try to blood a few youngsters this year as well. Hopefully mid table obscurity this season.

47 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Right, so there’s not some fixture categorisation in play at Accies, then.

Regardless of home attendances (or tickets sold…), I wouldn’t imagine the Fife clubs will be two of the larger travelling supports to visit Hamilton next season. 

(Shrug) We'll see who shows up now, I just think the Accies Board looked at the attendance numbers across the Championship and decided to get a bit greedy for a slice of that action. While distance/location will certainly play into away fan attendance, Falkirk and the Pars are certainly favored to be the top travelling numbers next season, with Partick and Raith close behind. Airdrie are very close, Morton and Ayr are reasonably close, so might be expected to do come with some numbers if not put off by the cost, Livi will be accustomed to the cost but have weaker support, and Queen's Park are thin in support and close, but used to paying a bit less.

It seems crazy not to lean into the possibility and keep the tickets about £22-24, like what the majority of the Championship seems to be doing. People may say what difference does two quid make, but pricing over the usual home ticket for those away supports is a psychological barrier. If they priced at the £23 mark, as their ST prices suggest, just 1 fan not coming offsets the extra ticket income from 7.6 people attending that day. Granted, if you have 100 fans at £23, you only NEED 88.5 fans at £26 to break even, but it feels like those prices may drive the numbers down more.

Livi have already announced £24 PATG adult...so it's likely that the Accies will be the highest price ticket in the Championship/

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

(Shrug) We'll see who shows up now, I just think the Accies Board looked at the attendance numbers across the Championship and decided to get a bit greedy for a slice of that action. While distance/location will certainly play into away fan attendance, Falkirk and the Pars are certainly favored to be the top travelling numbers next season, with Partick and Raith close behind. Airdrie are very close, Morton and Ayr are reasonably close, so might be expected to do come with some numbers if not put off by the cost, Livi will be accustomed to the cost but have weaker support, and Queen's Park are thin in support and close, but used to paying a bit less.

It seems crazy not to lean into the possibility and keep the tickets about £22-24, like what the majority of the Championship seems to be doing. People may say what difference does two quid make, but pricing over the usual home ticket for those away supports is a psychological barrier. If they priced at the £23 mark, as their ST prices suggest, just 1 fan not coming offsets the extra ticket income from 7.6 people attending that day. Granted, if you have 100 fans at £23, you only NEED 88.5 fans at £26 to break even, but it feels like those prices may drive the numbers down more.

Livi have already announced £24 PATG adult...so it's likely that the Accies will be the highest price ticket in the Championship/

Pars, top travellers? Lucky if they brought 3-400 to Cappielow last season.

3 minutes ago, madton said:

Pars, top travellers? Lucky if they brought 3-400 to Cappielow last season.

Does anyone in their right mind WANT to go to Greenock?

As an Accies fan, I would just like to apologise in advance for these clowns in the Boardroom and their ridiculous pricing.

It not only affects you guys though as plenty PATG Accies punters will and are going to chuck it or attend away games only.

In our 150th year, seeing Accies fans priced out sticks in my throat- especially as plenty of these people watched us suffer 2 relegations in 3 seasons and this is how their loyalty is rewarded.🤬😡

Local Pub Owners are also raging as they know it is going to drastically affect their income- including one which is a home fans Pub and Managed by an Accies supporter.

I just hope they have a rethink before the League starts,but nearly 50 years of supporting this club( only under the Ally Duguid/David Campbell regime were  the fans the utmost consideration and that was in our homeless years) tells me that their pigheadedness will see them bunker down and to hell with the consequences.

They will soon learn the error of their ways…meet the new regime, same as the old regime vibes sadly.

Their previous good work counts for nothing in my books as this one decision has tarnished our 150th Anniversary and fcuk them as plenty  non Season Card holders are being priced out.

Accies announcing the appointment of young Ben Paterson from The Only Accies Podcast  as the new Head of Social Media is a no brainer.

Best man for the job and hopefully we will see a big and necessary improvement in this area where we are mediocre to put it mildly.

9 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Accies announcing the appointment of young Ben Paterson from The Only Accies Podcast  as the new Head of Social Media is a no brainer.

Best man for the job and hopefully we will see a big and necessary improvement in this area where we are mediocre to put it mildly.

Does he get the keys to both Twitter accounts, or only one of them?

9 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Ben's a class act. Sensible move to get him involved given his knowledge in that field. 

13 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Best man for the job. He's got his work cut out for him, with the utter state its in now.

6 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Charlie Albinson officially signs 

Albinson was really good in the 2022/23 season. His form fell off a cliff in the season just finished and he ended up being dropped and never getting the jersey back.

If Accies can get him back on form then they've made a good signing IMO.

Edited by Richey Edwards

At his peak he was the best in the league and at his worst he belonged in the league below. The fair analysis is that he’s a solid Championship goalkeeper. 

7 hours ago, Skondras said:

Looks like Jamie Hamilton is moving on, shame.  

Very strange, seemed to be a great prospect but to date his career blighted by red cards and injury and given that he's been out for so long it does seem he's being a bit ungrateful. With his history I can't imagine anyone will give him much more than Accies offered but of course we never know what goes on in these negotiations.