The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really doubt that we will go with the same squad, we will strengthen once again in the summer.

Aye I don't think you'll go down but I don't think you'll be challenging for playoffs/title either which I think some of your fans will be expecting. Depends on how much you strengthen and who you lose as well

4 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Aye I don't think you'll go down but I don't think you'll be challenging for playoffs/title either which I think some of your fans will be expecting. Depends on how much you strengthen and who you lose as well

Jees, IF we go up, we have no idea what our squad will be, who we will be playing and what their squads will be, there is no way anyone can even begin to predict stuff like this just now

11 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Nor as much as the  reality check you guys are going to have when the cash flow probs become public at NDP  

Does not matter how often you post this no one believes you due to having a track record of talking pish.

We were beyond embarrassing for most of the first half. Looked like a team not mentaly or physically strong enough and we were blown away by a very simple yet direct tactic of utilising both wings to get in behind. Only conceding three by half time flattered us tbh but that second goal was as big a clown shoes shambles as you will ever see and was fitting of a Sunday league game.

I believe the game was lost before kick off  due to the utter lack of leadership. We looked like rabbits in the headlights, and as usual, Rankin stood on the sidelines doing nothing but clapping his hands and little else.

Yes, we came out with a bit of fight in the second half and it was great to see Rose grab a couple. He works really hard and has been a cause for optimism (so of course Rankin took him off and weakened us physically by doing so) Yet again we saw a Rankin team incapable of playing at a high tempo, with desire and belief for 90 mins. We only turned up for part of a game which has been far too common this season and that's utterly unacceptable.

From a Falkirk point of view, much to admire and with pacey wide players like that it's easy to see why you have scored so many this season. 

Like many I fear we will stick with Rankin until the end of the season and we will bottle it in the play offs. We have too many loan players and have had too many players coming and going to create a team instead of a (bloated) squad.

Gerry strain posing in the dug out was the final insult today and was only going to wind up the more vocal section of our support. 

Edited by Beckford

2 minutes ago, Beckford said:

We were beyond embarrassing for most of the first half. Looked like a team not mentaly or physically strong enough and we were blown away by a very simple yet direct tactic of utilising both wings to get in behind. Only being three down at half time flattered us tbh but that second goal was as big a clown shoes shambles as you will ever see and was fitting of a Sunday league game.

I believe the game was lost before kick off  due to the utter lack of leadership. We looked like rabbits in the headlights, and as usual, Rankin stood on the sidelines doing nothing but clapping his hands and little else.

Yes, we came out with a bit of fight in the second have, and it was great to see Rose grab a couple. He works really hard and has been a cause for optimism (so of course Rankin took him off and weakened us physically by doing so) Yet again we saw a Rankin team incapable of playing with at a tempo, with desire and belief for 90 mins. We only turned up for part of a game which has been far too common this season and that's utterly unacceptable.

From a Falkirk point of view, much to admire and with pacey wide players like that it's easy to see why you have scored so many this season. 

Like many I fear we will stick with Rankin until the end of the season and we will bottle it in the play offs. We have too many loan players and have had too many players coming and going to create a team.

Gerry strain posing in the dug out was the final insult today and was only going to wind up the more vocal section of our support. 

It was 3-1 at HT.

Who was the absolute bellend in the grey suit, parading down the touchline, arms out like a returning hero, who went and sat with the nawty boiz? Some welt who got thrown out of hospo?

He was taken outside by the cops and given a right earful later on it looked like.

25 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

As for Falkirk they were decent and deserve to win this league but can see them getting a reality check next season in the championship like Dunfermline have. 

Fortunately "decent" still proved more than sufficient to absolutely murder your pitiful wee mob in that first half. More than enough. We've played better, and no doubt could have upped it had it been required. It wasn't.

Your whole season has really been one long "reality check" for the biggest and best squad in the league fantasists. Any comments from Gerry since full-time?  We know how much he loves talking about us but seems to have gone a wee bit quiet recently. Strange. Hope he's ok.

16 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We've only lost  1 out of 5 against championship opposition this season and pumped united 4 2 at our patch. None of those 4 sides looked anything special.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was 3-1 at HT.

Who was the absolute bellend in the grey suit, parading down the touchline, arms out like a returning hero, who went and sat with the nawty boiz? Some welt who got thrown out of hospo?

He was taken outside by the cops and given a right earful later on it looked like.

Oops, edited noo. Felt like ten at that point tbh 

24 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Fortunately "decent" still proved more than sufficient to absolutely murder your pitiful wee mob in that first half. More than enough. We've played better, and no doubt could have upped it had it been required. It wasn't.

Your whole season has really been one long "reality check" for the biggest and best squad in the league fantasists. Any comments from Gerry since full-time?  We know how much he loves talking about us but seems to have gone a wee bit quiet recently. Strange. Hope he's ok.

Hamilton need to focus on getting their own house in order. 

What have we heard this year?

They have the better squad? - they've picked up 1 point from a possible 9 against us and let in 6 goals in the last 2 games against us, they trail us by 11 points in the league and possibly by 14 when the games played evens up on Tuesday

The social media jibes? - taking our best players? What happened to that, it has royally backfired on you motivationally. These players scoring 5 goals in the past 2 games against you

The carry on with the away ticketing at Hamilton? - Making us pick tickets up at Falkirk for a game in Hamilton when many of us don't live near Falkirk. Loads of Falkirk fans never went (including myself and 3 friends) so it cost you yet more revenue in a season when you need it

Falkirk Daft representation? - no Hamilton fan coming on to discuss the game when things aren't going your way

I could go on....

I feel sorry for the decent fans on here among you, but your club has had it coming to you. If you guys don't go up this season, you'll find it tough getting out of this league

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

53 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

He has to go it's as simple as that 3-0 down in league 1 after half an hour is embarrassing we got 2 consolation goals felt like the games in the premiership during the covid where we were 3/4-0 after 20/30 minutes got a couple of goals back but never looked like getting anything from the game. His starting lineup was embarrassing as was his changes. Keeping him to the end of the season would be mental as we would have zero chance of winning the playoffs keeping him beyond that would be putting the club's future in jeopardy.  Alloa can close the gap to 6 on us next week. As for Falkirk they were decent and deserve to win this league but can see them getting a reality check next season in the championship like Dunfermline have. 

Dunfermline looked a cert for 4th when they had 4/5 starters out long term and only fell off when they had about 10 players out. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be challenging for the playoffs next season 

48 minutes ago, Beckford said:

As Dylan Tait was running off the field following the warmup, a chunky guy in an Accies bodywarmer with the white initials "GS" approached Dyl and tried to greet him like a long-lost friend. DT turned his face and body away with only one word uttered - "later". Looked the very definition of being snubbed.

Though I could of course be mistaken and that the player was just too focussed on the game at that point to be indulging in social niceties. 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Jees, IF we go up, we have no idea what our squad will be, who we will be playing and what their squads will be, there is no way anyone can even begin to predict stuff like this just now

Yeah let's be honest you're going up we've fucked it up ourselves by not removing Rankin in the summer after he relegated us or in November after we got chucked out the cup at Home to Kelty. Not saying we would have won the league if we had a better manager but what I will say is there is no chance Falkirk would be about to go 14 points clear in February after they win on Tuesday. What you said about squads changing is true and maybe I'm wrong there. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As Dylan Tait was running off the field following the warmup, a chunky guy in an Accies bodywarmer with the white initials "GS" approached Dyl and tried to greet him like a long-lost friend. DT turned his face and body away with only one word uttered - "later". Looked the very definition of being snubbed.

Though I could of course be mistaken and that the player was just too focussed on the game at that point to be indulging in social niceties. 

I genuinely have the fear that Strain is trying to position himself as interim manager should we get rid of Rankin. (We wont yet unfortunately) He was probably playing some football manager game on his laptop during the first half and was in the dug out as he thought he could save the day. He seems that deranged and deluded tbh.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

We've only lost  1 out of 5 against championship opposition this season and pumped united 4 2 at our patch. None of those 4 sides looked anything special.

We'll soon see if you're able to do it on a regular basis. I'm not saying that you won't either. At the end of the day Falkirk fans watch you're team every week so you will know more about your own team than we will. I just don't think you've been excellent in any of the games against us even though you have been the better side in probably all 3 of them but will you be able to do that against better managed sides? 

48 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Dunfermline looked a cert for 4th when they had 4/5 starters out long term and only fell off when they had about 10 players out. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be challenging for the playoffs next season 

Yeah like I said in my last message we'll soon see what happens

5 minutes ago, Beckford said:

I genuinely have the fear that Strain is trying to position himself as interim manager should we get rid of Rankin. (We wont yet unfortunately) He was probably playing some football manager game on his laptop during the first half and was in the dug out as he thought he could save the day. He seems that deranged and deluded tbh.

Surely Gerry wouldn't have the licence/badges to be a manager? There's few things out there that would make me stop going to games but Gerry Strain being the manager would probably be one of those. Seref can't let that happen and if he does their be riots.