The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

Surely Gerry wouldn't have the licence/badges to be a manager? There's few things out there that would make me stop going to games but Gerry Strain being the manager would probably be one of those. Seref can't let that happen and if he does their be riots. 

I wasn't being entirely serious tbh, just highlighting how he seems to get involved in stuff that's not appropriate to his role (whatever that may be) Of course he's not qualified but would that come into his thoughts? He's not seen as qualified to do the job he has lol

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Hamilton need to focus on getting their own house in order. 

What have we heard this year?

They have the better squad? - they've picked up 1 point from a possible 9 against us and let in 6 goals in the last 2 games against us, they trail us by 11 points in the league and possibly by 14 when the games played evens up on Tuesday

The social media jibes? - taking our best players? What happened to that, it has royally backfired on you motivationally. These players scoring 5 goals in the past 2 games against you

The carry on with the away ticketing at Hamilton? - Making us pick tickets up at Falkirk for a game in Hamilton when many of us don't live near Falkirk. Loads of Falkirk fans never went (including myself and 3 friends) so it cost you yet more revenue in a season when you need it

Falkirk Daft representation? - no Hamilton fan coming on to discuss the game when things aren't going your way

I could go on....

I feel sorry for the decent fans on here among you, but your club has had it coming to you. If you guys don't go up this season, you'll find it tough getting out of this league

Erm he’s not an Accies fan 

On the comments about Rankins team not being able to keep a tmepo for 90 mins, it makes sense now what I thought at the start of the second half. The Accies players were sprinting every where. I mean, sprinting full pelt all over the park, to get the ball for throws, it looked very frantic. Is Rankin stupid enough to tell players to do that? Its no wonder the half petered out to f**k all for yous

22 minutes ago, Beckford said:

I genuinely have the fear that Strain is trying to position himself as interim manager should we get rid of Rankin. (We wont yet unfortunately) He was probably playing some football manager game on his laptop during the first half and was in the dug out as he thought he could save the day. He seems that deranged and deluded tbh.

He was in the dugout in the first half too. I don't think anyone would be surprised if he ends up appointing himself as the manager. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

On the comments about Rankins team not being able to keep a tmepo for 90 mins, it makes sense now what I thought at the start of the second half. The Accies players were sprinting every where. I mean, sprinting full pelt all over the park, to get the ball for throws, it looked very frantic. Is Rankin stupid enough to tell players to do that? Its no wonder the half petered out to f**k all for yous

Running about like headless chickens with no game plan is not playing at a high tempo. Hoofing the ball aimlessly up the park is not defending wisely or taking the game to the opposition,  its giving away possession and inviting atack after atack, which is why we were over run so easily. A well drilled team keep posession, pass the ball about quickly with intent and play to their strengths whilst exploiting the oppositions weaknesses (like Falkirk did for most of the game)

The game was lost in the first thirty mins as we started poorly and were not mentaly prepared to deal with the attacking game Falkirk played with. 

Expelling energy chasing the wrong balls and at the wrong tim is mad I agree but to answer your question, I wouldn't be surprised if he was that stupid tbh. We only seem to up the tempo when chasing the game like today.

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

As shite as we were that first I genuinely think if O'Hara's overhead kick went in we'd have won.

Playoffs to focus on now.

Yeah if Ryan Flynn had scored v Kilmarnock we would be still in Premiership 

12 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

He was in the dugout in the first half too. I don't think anyone would be surprised if he ends up appointing himself as the manager. 

Was he really, ooft then that's worse in a way! I just assumed he appeared when the fans started singing about him. Tbh I try not to look at our dugout during a game as its not great for the old blood pressure 

2 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Jeez oh, no words! Call it a hunch John, but yes more than a few that witnessed the game will largely blame you. Like Gerry, wish he would stop speaking to the press (and daft comics like the record,)

12 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Jeez oh, no words! Call it a hunch John, but yes more than a few that witnessed the game will largely blame you. Like Gerry, wish he would stop speaking to the press (and daft comics like the record,)

Don't want to worry you lads but you have Alloa up next!

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

We'll soon see if you're able to do it on a regular basis. I'm not saying that you won't either. At the end of the day Falkirk fans watch you're team every week so you will know more about your own team than we will. I just don't think you've been excellent in any of the games against us even though you have been the better side in probably all 3 of them but will you be able to do that against better managed sides? 

With the right additions yes.

27 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Excuse my ignorance but who is this Gerry Strain character that is boiling your collective pish?

You might call him Gerry Strain, others might opt for Martin Mulligan, club supremo or a beetroot. 

I want to say that after goal 3 Hamilton played absolutely out of their skin whilst Falkirk were as bad as they’ve been all season at that point. Does show the gulf in class between the teams when Falkirk can have as bad a performance at home   all season and Hamilton have a fantastic performance and still lose. Really reiterates that Rankin is doing a fine job with the players he has. The boo boys clearly have no real concept of what he’s working with.