The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Behave

The post might have come across more blunt and harsh than I meant it too. 

I wasn't meaning to kick them all out now, it was more a list of players that I would be looking to replace/improve on.

In regards to Lyness, he did alright, but I think we need a better number 1, as next season is going to be difficult and the keeper is going to be a lot busier, plus his distribution has left a lot to be desired. I would keep Smith as our sub, so Lyness would be sticking around as a reserve, which might be the best use of funds.

But yeah I would want him to stick around atm, as it's not a guarantee we will be able to sign someone that is an improvement on him.

Edited by Laid-back Accie

20 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

We've not offered him a deal.

I'd absolutely keep Hamilton btw. Him and Owens should be our first choice CB pairing.

Seref said at the forum that Jamie Hamilton was being kept for next season.

1 hour ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

I hear from a good source we have five players signed including one who all Accies fans were hoping would have signed last close season. 😎

Is that 5 new players or some new players with some of the current squad signed up on new deals? hopefully regardless that is true and we get a few announcements this upcoming week. 

I hear from a good source we have five players signed including one who all Accies fans were hoping would have signed last close season. 😎

Any word on when the new kits will be out?

Big, big money for the SPFL trust trophy winners next season. As much money as the Carabao Cup winners down south. Drawback is they've removed rUK teams - so no Coleraine away repeats. Definitely think we should seriously be trying to win it again! 

1 hour ago, Moysterclass said:

Big, big money for the SPFL trust trophy winners next season. As much money as the Carabao Cup winners down south. Drawback is they've removed rUK teams - so no Coleraine away repeats. Definitely think we should seriously be trying to win it again! 

Coleraine was the greatest day of all time but I'm happy with it just being a one-and-done thing. Folk who were wanting a trip to Wales in the next round were off their rocker imo.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know if the increased prize money is directly  linked with the B teams continued involvement or am I just being cynical?

The B team thing is just not going away, no matter how much resistance there is. I would prefer that they were not involved, but if they are, hopefully they keep getting put out as early as possible. 

Missed the Coleraine trip as it clashed with another trip but I can see arguments for and against non Scottish teams being included.

Edited by Beckford

I’m hearing we’ve signed a keeper who was at Ayr last season.

Albinson? 

Decent one for Accies. He was the best in the league when we finished second but his form fell off a cliff last season and was dropped by Bullen and then again by Brown. He’s still good enough for the league but he needed a change of scenery I think. 

That’s a decent enough start, addresses one of the key areas we had to look at.  
It would however be good to get a squad update alongside this to see whether Lyness is staying and these two will compete for the number one spot or whether Lyness is gone with this signing and Jamie Smith will be our number two.

27 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies announce a PATG figure of £26 for next season. They live on a different planet if they think that is acceptable.

That’s brought about through a financial shortage. Hamilton don’t have a big enough fanbase to justify being a full-time club. How else are they going to make up for this? 

1 hour ago, Balde Bairn said:

That’s brought about through a financial shortage. Hamilton don’t have a big enough fanbase to justify being a full-time club. How else are they going to make up for this? 

That figure will reduce attendance even further.

Joe Bloggs rocking up on the day with 2 kids ain’t going to pay £58 to watch Accies v any Championship club.

No attempt to grow the Fanbase or reconnect with those who stopped going.

Absolute moon units and reminds me of 2008 when we had the Fourth highest Season Ticket in the country and they had to reduce the prices the next season.

2 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

This'll be what's funding the triple swoop masterplan...Serif true to his word after all ...bye calvin/cal/alfie