The Hamilton Accies League 1 thread

13 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ok, here’s the scoop. Our DOF, who by the way I despise, claimed at the forum that he last week approached Morrison with a view to signing him(stifle your laughter for a moment and humour me please) He was told, thanks but no thanks as he was signing a pre contract with a team down south in January. Falkirk are looking to get some sort of cash for him in January as they have players they want in which will allow him to leave then rather than at the end of the season. 

Sadly, because I don't want Morrison to leave this season, this seems entirely plausible to me. I'm not a fan of pre-contract agreements as It's hard for the player to maintain form when his mind naturally wonders to where he is going rather than where he is. We've had players on PCA before who's form falls.

We have a decent squad without him, and it would depend on whoever McGlynn brings in, if he gets the money in for the January window, I'm not sure how the finances work and timings of payments on PCA's.

With talk of Accies bringing in 3 "quality" players there is still a lot of ups and downs to go this season, its going to be an interesting January that's for sure!

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

20 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Shame that we all second guessed you apart from the nonsense of an approach re CM………. as far fetched as your home crowd figures on 16th Dec 😎

I actually did think that they approached Morrison so it’s exactly what I assumed. The only way anyone in their board could know where Morrison was going is if Hamilton were in talks with him. It’s not the first time they’ve done this with one of our players, tried it with Arfield years ago. 

I do find it odd that we can have almost 3x the fanbase of Hamilton and they somehow can attempt to steal one of our players. 

I don’t think Hamilton’s team is as strong as they think, these new signings will need to be a huge improvement on what they already have to offer any proper title challenge now. 

28 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

I actually did think that they approached Morrison so it’s exactly what I assumed. The only way anyone in their board could know where Morrison was going is if Hamilton were in talks with him. It’s not the first time they’ve done this with one of our players, tried it with Arfield years ago. 

I do find it odd that we can have almost 3x the fanbase of Hamilton and they somehow can attempt to steal one of our players. 

I don’t think Hamilton’s team is as strong as they think, these new signings will need to be a huge improvement on what they already have to offer any proper title challenge now. 

Read this article mate, it will explain everything, the Accies have a phenomenal academy/ youth programme, the envy of many. It brings them in great money.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10899448/hamilton-one-forsyth-brighton-norwich-leeds-mccarthy-mcarthur/

Edited by Bairn in Exile

13 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

A lot of fans didn't like Stuart Taylor or Brian Rice but they actually had some sort of system and plan. I thought Taylors football was dreadful and I was one of the people calling for him to go but again he had a plan and had some sort of tactics. Rankin doesn't have a clue no Plan B wasting a team full of good players. Thing is Rice and Taylor both weren't backed Rankin has been fully backed by the board and he can't get anything out of some of the players it's clear to see some have chucked it like McGowan and Tumilty. Rankin must be sacked now and not when he loses the playoffs again for the 2nd year in a row. It's going to be a long couple of months now as the league is gone now.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Rankin, but some of this is either guesswork or just plain wrong. 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Shame that we all second guessed you apart from the nonsense of an approach re CM………. as far fetched as your home crowd figures on 16th Dec 😎

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

If he didn’t approach your player how does he know what his plans are? Just telling it as it is mate 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Read this article mate, it will explain everything, the Accies have a phenomenal academy/ youth programme, the envy of many. It brings them in great money.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10899448/hamilton-one-forsyth-brighton-norwich-leeds-mccarthy-mcarthur/

Fair enough, but running a successful youth system costs a huge amount of money as Falkirk know. If Hamilton linger in league 1 then they won’t be able to keep that going. Also, their first team isn’t made up of much of their youth system. 

1 minute ago, Balde Bairn said:

Fair enough, but running a successful youth system costs a huge amount of money as Falkirk know. If Hamilton linger in league 1 then they won’t be able to keep that going. Also, their first team isn’t made up of much of their youth system. 

Yes, because they have to sell their academy players early in order to bring in money since they only get small gates. 

21 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yes, because they have to sell their academy players early in order to bring in money since they only get small gates. 

But they could get more money if they hold on to them for longer because they won’t get huge money for selling u16 players. Not enough money to explain how they could potentially out spend us. 

Just now, Balde Bairn said:

But they could get more money if they hold on to them for longer because they won’t get huge money for selling u16 players. Not enough money to explain how they could potentially out spend us. 

Right bud, last time.

They don't get big gates, right?

They need to sell their academy players to bring in income to compensate, right?

They can't afford to wait until the players are fully fledged to sell them because of cash flow pressures, right?

We were in a similar situation with Ryan Blair, Botti Biabi and Tony Gallagher, we had to "cash them in" early to give us some income.

An Accies fan would know the numbers better than me but I think that they got something like 600 - 700k for the 3 academy players that they sold at the beginning of this season, that is why they can currently outspend us.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Right bud, last time.

They need to sell their academy players to bring in income to compensate, right?

They can't afford to wait until the players are fully fledged to sell them because of cash flow pressures, right?

We were in a similar situation with Ryan Blair, Botti Biabi and Tony Gallagher, we had to "cash them in" early to give us some income.

An Accies fan would know the numbers better than me but I think that they got something like 600 - 700k for the 3 academy players that they sold at the beginning of this season, that is why they can currently outspend us.

We also sold 16 year old Cormac Daly to Nottm Forest in the summer.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

Right bud, last time.

The reported numbers were around that but apparently they weren't quite true. The Oné transfer is the only one where there's been a trustworthy figure quoted - around £200k which will have been the most out of the lot. We'll have since received more for Oné after he made his PL debut but I don't know how much more that will have been. 

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Right bud, last time.

They can't afford to wait until the players are fully fledged to sell them because of cash flow pressures, right? ...

Think it also had a lot to do with getting debts cleared before the ownership change.

17 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Right bud, last time.

Haha I’m not failing to grasp that concept. The problem is that the money they make from selling those youth players has to be weighed up with the expenditure of running a big youth programme. The money they make from these sales doesn’t explain how they may have more money to spend on their first team than we do. 

7 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Haha I’m not failing to grasp that concept. The problem is that the money they make from selling those youth players has to be weighed up with the expenditure of running a big youth programme. The money they make from these sales doesn’t explain how they may have more money to spend on their first team than we do. 

Neither of us knows the income / expenditure of the 2 clubs and maybe Accies are taking a gamble in spending money on one of our best players, strengthening them while weakening us.

Anyway, I surrender, you win.

u0hGWG.gif.11bcb7c649ff291332ccc1d054cb0ba8.gif

37 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The reported numbers were around that but apparently they weren't quite true. The Oné transfer is the only one where there's been a trustworthy figure quoted - around £200k which will have been the most out of the lot. We'll have since received more for Oné after he made his PL debut but I don't know how much more that will have been. 

Speaking about Oné I seen him at the game yesterday with his dad wonder if that means anything or if he's just back to see his old team. 

4 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Ok, here’s the scoop. Our DOF, who by the way I despise, claimed at the forum that he last week approached Morrison with a view to signing him(stifle your laughter for a moment and humour me please) He was told, thanks but no thanks as he was signing a pre contract with a team down south in January. Falkirk are looking to get some sort of cash for him in January as they have players they want in which will allow him to leave then rather than at the end of the season. 

Reminds me of the time Hamilton tried to sign Scott Arfield from us. That was a lot of pish too