The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

9 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

This time last year we were watching home games in The Bay Horse  on a dodgy feed due to the guys who run The Only Accies Podcast and the WAH Facebook private group  page being banned by the same guy behind these stunts.

Best turn out in January for years as the Pub was very busy with those boycotting in support of the banned.

Moreover this  was due to a made up fictitious account by this Director…allegedly which was uncovered leading to the aforementioned bans and the above scenario.

Todd is God on here was one of the recipients of the abusive messages from the fictitious account.

Other then Board members closed ranks until our new Owner acting as a broker solved the issue with the banned fans allowed back after a month missing games.

The current stooshie is a minor blimp compared to what went on then.

This Twitter account came up on my feed, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same guy - desperately trying to cover his own back, replying to any tweet saying the bids are completely loony. Fans deserve better. 

7F9E2C7B-A263-4C0F-852F-7CA28586EB1B.jpeg

15 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

This Twitter account came up on my feed, wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same guy - desperately trying to cover his own back, replying to any tweet saying the bids are completely loony. Fans deserve better. 

I think he's just extremely gullible, constantly see his tweets believing the rumour

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Jeez that’s bonkers. I take back any snark I’ve given you and reapportion it to that director. What a fud. 

And folk wonder why we have such a poor support. The club have a long history of making no real effort to connect with the support. Mad how some were treated during this carry on.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Absolutely not the same guy. 

23 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Just in the offchance some of your fans think this will actually happen, the tweet from our CEO last night pretty much puts it to bed. 

1.jpg

It won't happen as Hamilton won't pay six-figure fees for any of the mentioned players, every footballer has a fee on their head and the fees that would turn our head will be out of Hamilton's reach.

I seem to remember Yogi opening his gub about signing John Sutton from St Mirren pre us playing them when he was out of contract that season and wasnt there leaks pre Morton game that we were after half their squad for next season with Tidser being the main player mentioned. Tidser had a decent game that day too.

I can see Morrison and Miller doing similar in our next game v Hamilton but neither will have Hamilton as their employer

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

wasnt there leaks pre Morton game that we were after half their squad for next season with Tidser being the main player mentioned. Tidser had a decent game that day too.

Tidser signed a precontract with us in January but it was kept under wraps until after we played them in March. I don't think we were after anyone else from them. 

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Tidser signed a precontract with us in January but it was kept under wraps until after we played them in March. I don't think we were after anyone else from them. 

We signed Buchanan and Telfer at the same time as Tidser, both from Morton if I remember correctly?

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

My bad. I was thinking they were different seasons because of the six month gap between them. 

I know it's tough to contain your massive fan base to one thread but kindly keep your historic transfer drivel to your own area.

13 hours ago, Beckford said:

If this is true it would be exactly the kind of thing I would associate with him tbh. Minimum effort. We need players in the squad with 100 percent commitment to getting us out of this league at the earliest opportunity by whatever means possible. No way can we afford deadwood.

Meh, I can’t really blame Zanatta tbh. He wouldn’t be losing out on any money going out on loan somewhere but him joining Clyde would pretty much confirm he’s done with full time football (I’m aware he’d still be training with us FT) which isn’t a good look for him given he’s out of contract in the summer and he’s probably still got that big an ego he thinks he will get another full time gig after us (assuming him and the club part ways at the end of his deal this season).

The right time to get rid was probably the end of last season when he might have been willing to walk away from his contract off the back of a decent turn out in the play offs thinking he could get a championship team.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

My bad. I was thinking they were different seasons because of the six month gap between them. 

add Denny Johnstone and Ross MacLean was on loan at Morton under McKinnon

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Meh, I can’t really blame Zanatta tbh. He wouldn’t be losing out on any money going out on loan somewhere but him joining Clyde would pretty much confirm he’s done with full time football (I’m aware he’d still be training with us FT) which isn’t a good look for him given he’s out of contract in the summer and he’s probably still got that big an ego he thinks he will get another full time gig after us (assuming him and the club part ways at the end of his deal this season).

The right time to get rid was probably the end of last season when he might have been willing to walk away from his contract off the back of a decent turn out in the play offs thinking he could get a championship team.

Yeah the mistake was giving him a two-year deal in the first place - or any kind of deal at all. 

See you guys have missed out on another of the links from the vacuous list of potential transfer targets in this window with Halliday heading to the Well from Jambos.

I’m surprised that your new owner hasn’t gone for fan’s favourite James McArthy who appears surplus to requirements at Parkhead. 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

See you guys have missed out on another of the links from the vacuous list of potential transfer targets in this window with Halliday heading to the Well from Jambos.

I’m surprised that your new owner hasn’t gone for fan’s favourite James McArthy who appears surplus to requirements at Parkhead. 

Given his contract doesn't expire until May '25, I wouldn't think that even Hamilton would be daft enough to think they could afford him! You never know right enough.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Given his contract doesn't expire until May '25, I wouldn't think that even Hamilton would be daft enough to think they could afford him! You never know right enough.

Well apparently their new owner is cash happy & is considering offering upwards of £3m to buy three of our players 🤔

10 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Just what we need…another injury prone player training and playing on a plastic pitch lol.

3 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That Dylan Tait announcement is embarrassing as f**k. Why not just wait until it’s officially sorted and put out a simple ‘Dylan Tait’s loan spell has ended early and he will return to Hibs.’

It reads like he's been up to something he shouldn't have been? Or has he just been shite?

49 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That Dylan Tait announcement is embarrassing as f**k. Why not just wait until it’s officially sorted and put out a simple ‘Dylan Tait’s loan spell has ended early and he will return to Hibs.’

Because Gerry needs attention.