Conference League: The Vote

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

6 month until they think we've forgotten about B teams and the next attempt to get them up and running is on the go.

It's been an annual event since the SPFL was being formed, and they offered to turn 12-12-18 to 12-12-10-10. B teams just need chased out the Lowland League as they've never even come close to the SPFL.

The Conference League concept made it clear they're well aware of that.

I've never understood how an 18 year old playing against Brora and Pollock is meant to improve the national team. Is that really what separates Scotland from regular World Cup qualification?

I'll be honest. I voted against this when the 'Well society asked me to vote.

I am not completely against B team in the set up though. If they do decide to do it, enter all these B teams at the very bottom of the pyramid for their area.
Make it that they can't be within 2 or 3 divisions of their parent club.

Not arsed really though if they are all told to f**k off.

Edited by Busta Nut

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't think the vote went ahead. Just a few attention seeking unprofessional clubs announcced their voting intentions. 

Yeah what I meant was did anyone come out in favour of it.  

Agree with all the attention seeking whoremongering clubs though. Disgusting. 

What was wrong with loaning your youngsters out to clubs further down the chain? Why this proposal ever saw the light of day is mind-boggling.

Scotland didn't qualify for a tournament for 24 years because the SFA continually appointed jobber managers to manage the national team, and we always had a squad full of average, pea-hearted shitebags who always lost important qualifiers.  Not because some bang-average 18 year old winger at Rangers was playing for Stirling Albion against Elgin City and not Rangers B against East Stirling.

Reckon the next effort will be a step below the HL/LL.

The simple solutions are to loan out to a better level, play them in the reserve league, or give them a chance in the first team. If those choices aren't good enough then stop hoarding players.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

What was wrong with loaning your youngsters out to clubs further down the chain? Why this proposal ever saw the light of day is mind-boggling.

Scotland didn't qualify for a tournament for 24 years because the SFA continually appointed jobber managers to manage the national team, and we always had a squad full of average, pea-hearted shitebags who always lost important qualifiers.  Not because some bang-average 18 year old winger at Rangers was playing for Stirling Albion against Elgin City and not Rangers B against East Stirling.

Loans have worked well recently for Dundee and like you say, I don't understand why this is such an issue.  Getting youngsters out on loan has been one of the key aims since Strachan came in and our player of the year Lyall Cameron and potentially greatest prospect Josh Mulligan spent time on loan at Peterhead in the last couple of years and both are in the latest Scotland u21 squad.  This year we've had the following youths out on loan (credit to a poster on The Dark Blues forum):

Sam Fisher - Dunfermline (Tier 3) (21/22 at Forfar in Tier 4)

Jack Wilkie - Peterhead (Tier 3) (21/22 at East Craigie in Tier 6)

Ewan Murray - Peterhead (Tier 3) and Keith (Tier 5) (21/22 at Lochee Utd in Tier 6)

Luke Strachan - Alloa (Tier 3) (21/22 at Forfar in Tier 4)

Tom Findlay - Elgin (Tier 4) (21/22 at Keith in Tier 5)

Luke Graham - Albion Rovers (Tier 4) (21/22 at Lochee Utd in Tier 6)

Euan Mutale - Albion Rovers (Tier 4) (21/22 N/A)

Cammy Blacklock - Huntly (Tier 5) (21/22 in Reserves/at Broughty Athletic in Tier 6)

Callum Lamb - Huntly (Tier 5) (21/22 often a first team unsused sub or Reserves)

Thomas Welsh - Tayport (Tier 6) (21/22 in Reserves/at Downfield in Tier 6)

Jamie Richardson - Dundee North End (Tier 6) (21/22 N/A)

Ewan White - St Andrews Utd (Tier 8 ) (21/22 at Tayport in Tier 6)

Carter Kelly - St Andrews Utd (Tier 8 ) (21/22 N/A)

Nearly every player is playing higher this year than last and most have received positive reviews at that level.  We could have made a LL B team out of all of them, but some would be completely wasting their times and others would be out of their depth.  Sending players out on loan lets you choose their level and it seems to be effective.

Depressingly, it also makes me think if a club like Dundee has this many players capable of playing at these levels, just how many players are stuck in OF youth setups that could be on loan at Championship/L1/L2 level but will never get the chance because their club would rather just chuck them all in at Tier 5 because Croatia do it.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Yeah what I meant was did anyone come out in favour of it.  

Agree with all the attention seeking whoremongering clubs though. Disgusting. 

Bora I think we’re one who wrote for it