Who will be the next Celtic manager?

The next Celtic manager  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t comment on the 2nd comment but I’d be very confident that any full time professional manager operating the the UK could manage Celtic and win silverware.

How many seasons you giving that manager? 

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

I get the feeling ppl are just a bit angry & frustrated it’s business as usual for Celtic and not the broken club crest or comedy Pedro type appointment. 

No crisis here, just more silverware to come. 

The only angry people seem to be the less intelligent and perceptive element of the Celtic support who fail to realise Celtic now have a better manager than they had last season. Maybe some Rangers types sensed a glimmer of hope before Brendan stepped back aboard but the rest of us understand that an imploded Celtic only let their old firm partners gorge on a slice of the pie and that's in no one's interest.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Surely there's no celtc fans out there that actually think its some sort of achievement for a manager to win a trophy at that club?

Is the goal of a Celtic manager to win trophies? If the answer to that is yes then he has achieved what he has been employed to do, it’s as simple as that.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Is the goal of a Celtic manager to win trophies? If the answer to that is yes then he has achieved what he has been employed to do, it’s as simple as that.

So, are you saying, despite the rumoured £35m budget then Brendan Rodgers hasn’t been set objectives in European football ? I’d be surprised if Nicholson hasn’t set an objective to improve in that area tbh. If they haven’t, and the only goal is beating Rangers, then that’s short sighted.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No, the goal is to win the league, unless you are Ronnie Roar of course. 

Do you think it's an achievement for a celtc manager to win a trophy each year if not the league?  Yes or no will do....

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So, are you saying, despite the rumoured £35m budget then Brendan Rodgers hasn’t been set objectives in European football ? I’d be surprised if Nicholson hasn’t set an objective to improve in that area tbh. If they haven’t, and the only goal is beating Rangers, then that’s short sighted.

Thats the only reason they exist tbf.

If the rumoured £35m budget is accurate and it is spent, then that would take Celtic's spending on incoming players to around £85m over the last 3 seasons.

A treble and European football post-Christmas would surely be the minimum expectations on Rodgers given that level of spending.

55 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

No, the goal is to win the league, unless you are Ronnie Roar of course. 

Do you think it's an achievement for a celtc manager to win a trophy each year if not the league?  Yes or no will do....

So if you already know what the goal is and we do that then does that not piss over your own argument that winning that trophy isn’t an achievement? 

A yes or no will do

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No I didn’t say that at all or even allude to it just clearing up that if someone achieves the goals set out for them then that is an achievement irrespective of what your subjective opinion is.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

So if you already know what the goal is and we do that then does that not piss over your own argument that winning that trophy isn’t an achievement? 

A yes or no will do

The goal is to win the league and do well as can be in Europe.  Not win a singular League Cup a season.

So would that be an achievement?  

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

The goal is to win the league and do well as can be in Europe.  Not win a singular League Cup a season.

So would that be an achievement?  

I didn’t say the goal was to win a singular league cup mate.

If you read my post again I said the goal is to win trophies not a trophy, i.e more than 1.

I would have assumed most people reading would understand exactly what I meant by that based solely on our current level of performance. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What goals has Nicholson set for him ?

How the f**k would I know? I’m not his agent mate 🤣

If you want me to make educated guess I can but again it’s just an opinion

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I didn’t say the goal was to win a singular league cup mate.

If you read my post again I said the goal is to win trophies not a trophy, i.e more than 1.

I would have assumed most people reading would understand exactly what I meant by that based solely on our current level of performance. 

Great.  So no celtc fan would agree winning a singular Cup over a season would be an achievement for their manager then.

We got there in the end mate :)