Who will be the next Celtic manager?

The next Celtic manager  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Great.  So no celtc fan would agree winning a singular Cup over a season would be an achievement for their manager then.

We got there in the end mate :) 

We would have got there in the start if you had read my post properly 😉

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m assuming given the regularity of trebles in Scottish football then that won’t be enough.

The league is the bare minimum I assume, cups can be funny as 1 bad decision can see you out of the competition so I wouldn’t imagine any manager will be told you have to win a treble but again that may depend on the nature of the exit and to whom.

There will no doubt be stretch targets in Europe which i would guess to be at least be in the knockout stages of either the Champions League or Europa League. If it’s the Europa then to possibly get to the last 16 or quarters. That’s my best guess but I could be a mile out

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Can’t comment on the 2nd comment but I’d be very confident that any full time professional manager operating the the UK could manage Celtic and win silverware.

I also hear this quite often on here ad nauseam. Then it begs the question both you & I know the answer to, why wouldn’t Celtic save themselves a good few bob & appoint such a manager?

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We would have got there in the start if you had read my post properly 😉

The league is the bare minimum I assume, cups can be funny as 1 bad decision can see you out of the competition so I wouldn’t imagine any manager will be told you have to win a treble but again that may depend on the nature of the exit and to whom.

There will no doubt be stretch targets in Europe which i would guess to be at least be in the knockout stages of either the Champions League or Europa League. If it’s the Europa then to possibly get to the last 16 or quarters. That’s my best guess but I could be a mile out

I’d be surprised if Celtic didn’t win the domestic treble to be honest. There is zero competition for them.

My opinion is that you have a manager who is very good at managing Celtic at domestic level in Scotland - that will take care of itself. He’ll win the treble for the next couple of seasons without breaking sweat.

Do I think he’s an ‘elite’ level manager like many in the Scottish media think - absolutely not - an ‘elite’ level manager would not be moving from the top flight in England to the top flight in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

I also hear this quite often on here ad nauseam. Then it begs the question both you & I know the answer to, why wouldn’t Celtic save themselves a good few bob & appoint such a manager?

Because of the outcry from the fans. Peter Grant or Paul Lambert would win multiple trophies with Celtic and would probably manage them for nothing but the fans wouldn’t have accepted their appointment at this moment in time.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Because of the outcry from the fans. Peter Grant or Paul Lambert would win multiple trophies with Celtic and would probably manage them for nothing but the fans wouldn’t have accepted their appointment at this moment in time.

And why might that be?

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d be surprised if Celtic didn’t win the domestic treble to be honest. There is zero competition for them.

My opinion is that you have a manager who is very good at managing Celtic at domestic level in Scotland - that will take care of itself. He’ll win the treble for the next couple of seasons without breaking sweat.

Do I think he’s an ‘elite’ level manager like many in the Scottish media think - absolutely not - an ‘elite’ level manager would not be moving from the top flight in England to the top flight in Scotland. 

It depends on what you think an elite manager is. Many don’t think Ranieri is an elite level manager despite pulling off what was nothing short of a miracle.

Far too simple minded to think that a manager wouldn’t move from the top flight in England to Scotland especially if managing a club that is just treading water or fighting for survival year in and year out unless money is the motivation.

Is managing a team like Celtic, winning trophies and and taking on the challenge of getting them to perform beyond their capabilities in Europe, possibly winning the Europa League not something a manager could see as a worthwhile addition to their CV? 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Because their record in management is horrendous. Why in your opinion would you want either ?

ps. Despite their previous record I still think either of those I mentioned would win the treble.

Stop flirting with me, we both know why Celtic don’t pluck a name out a hat to win scottish silverware. 

Because their record in management is horrendous. Why in your opinion would you want either ?

ps. Despite their previous record I still think either of those I mentioned would win the treble.

Your argument is undone by the fact Ronny Deila couldn’t win a treble so the notion anyone can is just not the reality.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It depends on what you think an elite manager is. Many don’t think Ranieri is an elite level manager despite pulling off what was nothing short of a miracle.

Far too simple minded to think that a manager wouldn’t move from the top flight in England to Scotland especially if managing a club that is just treading water or fighting for survival year in and year out unless money is the motivation.

Is managing a team like Celtic, winning trophies and and taking on the challenge of getting them to perform beyond their capabilities in Europe, possibly winning the Europa League not something a manager could see as a worthwhile addition to their CV? 

I’m not sure in this day and age mate in all seriousness. I think managers who are in the EPL generally want to stay there.

Also, specific to BR he already has that on his CV so this move will do little to enhance his CV other than prove that at Scottish domestic level he’s a very good manager.

Time will tell though.

I’m not sure in this day and age mate in all seriousness. I think managers who are in the EPL generally want to stay there.

Also, specific to BR he already has that on his CV so this move will do little to enhance his CV other than prove that at Scottish domestic level he’s a very good manager.

Time will tell though.

I'd say that Brendan has got his sights on being the 2nd best Celtic manager of all time. Certainly very achievable.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Time will tell though.

He hasn’t had Celtic performing beyond their capability in Europe. Getting to the knockout stages of the Champions League or getting us to the latter stages or final of the Europa are all things that can enhance his CV especially if the like Martin ONeil he could scalp a Premier League team on the way.

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I genuinly have no idea what you are talking about.

You said any professional manager in the Uk could manage Celtic to silverware. 
I asked you why Celtic don’t employ any Tom dick or Harry. 
You said the support wouldn’t have it - Your opinion. 
I asked you why the support wouldn’t have it.

It’s about here you got lost. 

Bored now. Have a nice day. 

Edited by Greenlantern

5 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

You said any professional manager in the Uk could manage Celtic to silverware. 
I asked you why Celtic don’t employ any Tom dick or Harry. 
You said the support wouldn’t have it - Your opinion. 
I asked you why the support wouldn’t have it.

It’s about here you got lost. 

Bored now. Have a nice day. 

Me to, have a good afternoon.