Who will be the next Celtic manager?

The next Celtic manager  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well aye, but he still had the advantage of being able to outspend the league to help it come good.

It’s not comparable to Postecoglu/Tottenham at all.

So according to you Fergie was just a chequebook manager.  🤪

Deary me. 

I clearly said I was not comparing the two managers or situations. 

Even you could win the treble with Celtic such is the financial gulf. 

Would you turn down the chance to manage Spurs?

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

No, having a massive budget only raises your floor, a good manager is still needed to help you get above that.

I just dont agree when people talk about Ferguson initially winning a title with Man U as a great achievement, as they were spending a fortune to achieve it.

What came after is incredible and the money spent in comparison to others lessened yet he still achieved great success.

Postecoglu will get less time than Ferguson while also having less financial advantages. I think he does, relatively, well with them given time though. Managers like him generally do no matter what the level.

43 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Deary me. 

I clearly said I was not comparing the two managers or situations. 

Even you could win the treble with Celtic such is the financial gulf. 

Would you turn down the chance to manage Spurs?

This notion that anyone can rock up to Celtic and win a treble because of the financial advantage is an utter fallacy 

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

This notion that anyone can rock up to Celtic and win a treble because of the financial advantage is an utter fallacy 

It's not though, is it.

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

It's not though, is it.

The wage budget we have compared to Rangers is mainly due to our ability to sell our better players on a consistent basis. You can't just expect to roll up with titles/trebles every season when this happens. 

Edited by gannonball

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bookmakers odds seldom endorse that.  You are shooting fish in a barrel, and as such your support crowing about trebles is very much a vanity exercise.

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Who was the last manager to fail to do it? A genuine question btw, but would assume it was Deila?

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Bookmakers odds seldom endorse that.  You are shooting fish in a barrel, and as such your support crowing about trebles is very much a vanity exercise.

Current odds for next season is 9/1 so that is bollocks.

33 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This yet for most of my life Sellick fans have harped on endlessly about being underdogs - they are the Prince Harry of Scottish football. 

10 minutes ago, btb said:

This yet for most of my life Sellick fans have harped on endlessly about being underdogs - they are the Prince Harry of Scottish football. 

Literally the only time  I ever really hear people about Celtic being underdogs (domestically) is on here. The prince Harry reference is also rather bizarre I don't think he has ever considered himself to be one?

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Bollocks my arse.  9/1 on a Celtic treble tells me the bookies have absolutely no plans to be out of pocket.  

123014a0-6242-0133-0c1d-0e34a4cc753d.gif

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who was the last manager to fail to do it? A genuine question btw, but would assume it was Deila?

The final Neil Lennon season where Celtic lost 10 in a row shows that any club can have a disaster with one bad managerial choice. Not too sure about anyone else but I don’t think many of the current top flight managers would just walk into the Celtic job and comfortably beat Rangers next season.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

It's not though, is it.

Then explain Neil Lennon failing to win a single trophy in 20/21 nevermind a treble. I’m sure Neil Lennon still qualifies as anyone

Edited by Jinky67