Who will be the next Celtic manager?

The next Celtic manager  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

As a person he’s a narcissistic, lying fucker so can’t imagine there will be too many that will hang on his every word.

As a coach well it would be churlish to dismiss what he done previously and the number of players who he improved especially McGregor.

The expectations of him will be higher than when he left, the squad is better and he will be expected to improve on what Ange built. Let’s see if he’s up to it.

And if DD is flashing the cash he should get wee KT up the road too 😉

"A narcissistic, lying fucker".....why ? Because he had the temerity to leave one job for a bigger job with more money ? Like Jock Stein leaving Dunfermline Athletic for Hibs in 1964

or Jock Stein leaving Hibs for Celtic in 1965. Was he 'a lying, narcissistic fucker' ?  Surely not !!??

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

16 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

"A narcissistic, lying fucker".....why ? Because he had the temerity to leave one job for a bigger job with more money ? Like Jock Stein leaving Dunfermline Athletic for Hibs in 1964

or Jock Stein leaving Hibs for Celtic in 1965. Was he 'a lying, narcissistic fucker' ?  Surely not !!??

No Kennie that’s not why.

Brendan Rodgers loves to spin a yarn such as the famous Danny McGrain if I’m here you are here story or the tale about Pat Bonner convincing him to take the job which Packie had no clue about

Or the tale he told about a Rangers fan stopping him in the Clyde tunnel to tell him he’s a breath of fresh air or the old Patsy the hotel lady who stands outside her hotel in her Brendan hat and scarf or what about him claiming to have named his son Anton after Celtic legend Anton Rogan and then naming Anton in his Greatest Celtic 11

You really needed to stop jumping into these conversations 2 footed thinking you have a clue, you don’t 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

And who would these "couple of poor results" be against?

Anyone, really. Beggars can’t be choosers. Preferably the first two league matches of the season. 

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic fans pretending they didn’t absolutely lap this stuff up at the time. 

Who is pretending? It’s what we got with Brendan Rodgers, it’s part of the show alongside trophies … copious amounts of trophies so no point pretending it won’t be the same this time around 🤣

If he is back I hope he is in full psychopath mode telling the tallest tales possible. I look forward to his unveiling where he will tell us how he was enjoying a few Jamesons with Brother Walfrid on the flight up.

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

DDs private jet landed at Glasgow 15 minutes ago , something going down ?

Lots rumours that something is happening and that Brendan met him in London last night but Leeds are rumoured to be talking to him too.

So it could be something happening however it’s more likely DD has seen the weather is nice up here, booked a tee off time somewhere and jumped on the jet.

Edited by Jinky67

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Who is pretending? It’s what we got with Brendan Rodgers, it’s part of the show alongside trophies … copious amounts of trophies so no point pretending it won’t be the same this time around 🤣

If he is back I hope he is in full psychopath mode telling the tallest tales possible. I look forward to his unveiling where he will tell us how he was enjoying a few Jamesons with Brother Walfrid on the flight up.

Trying too hard.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah…because he was winning and regularly scudding a rangers Aberdeen could routinely finish above, he was able to play the Celtic support like a fiddle. 

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah…because he was winning and regularly scudding a rangers Aberdeen could routinely finish above, he was able to play the Celtic support like a fiddle. 

He would scud this version of Rangers too so kind of unsure what point you are trying to make tbh

If it is to be Rodgers we know exactly what we are getting. 

Edited by Jinky67

On 12/06/2023 at 10:07, Jinky67 said:

He is more popular than someone like Maresca considering his lack of experience and poor showing with Parma.

I think how Ange left has softened the feeling towards Rodgers and most fan polls seem to be in favour of him coming back (this could also be due to the other names being mentioned) but as you mention he won’t be popular with everyone however results can quickly sway opinion.

If he did come back to manage Celtic, it'll be interesting to see how long it'll be before you're all calling him Brendan again.

That Ange patter sounds like you're all ready to burst into a Rod Stewart song.

Angie, you're beautiful, yeah
But ain't it time we said goodbye?
Angie
I still love you

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic fans pretending they didn’t absolutely lap this stuff up at the time. 

I think that's what is the most amusing aspect. Not a peep was heard from Celtic fans about the rubbish Rodgers was talking until after he left. Then it was used as ammo to slaughter him.

So if he joins again, will we see a new willingness to ignore his nonsense?

28 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If he did come back to manage Celtic, it'll be interesting to see how long it'll be before you're all calling him Brendan again.

That Ange patter sounds like you're all ready to burst into a Rod Stewart song.

Angie, you're beautiful, yeah
But ain't it time we said goodbye?
Angie
I still love you

It’s the Rolling Stones mate. 

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that's what is the most amusing aspect. Not a peep was heard from Celtic fans about the rubbish Rodgers was talking until after he left. Then it was used as ammo to slaughter him.

So if he joins again, will we see a new willingness to ignore his nonsense?

Football fans in being fickle shocker.

In all seriousness how quickly fans trust him again will i suppose be entirely dependant on how he comes across and ofc his performance. There are some fans who will want him to show some sort of contrition but let’s be honest that won’t happen nor does it need to. 

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s the Rolling Stones mate. 

Football fans in being fickle shocker.

In all seriousness how quickly fans trust him again will i suppose be entirely dependant on how he comes across and ofc his performance. There are some fans who will want him to show some sort of contrition but let’s be honest that won’t happen.

Nobody has mentioned the fact Brown coming back too ? 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Done deal, unveiled on Friday according to Fabrizio Romano

image.gif.ac667f7419b69f693ed4ae445e4a68c0.gif

Will the Celtic fans still hope he dies in his sleep from a bullet from the IRA? 

It'll be the ultimate climb down if they have to drop that song, IMO.