Clyde Season 23/24

Given our current situation the last thing we need would be more negative press, perhaps letting the club know the supporters feel strongly about this would discourage them from making the decision to sign someone with this sort of background.

4 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

Like yesterday, any updates would be very much appreciated. Seems like the No. 6 yesterday was Conor McLaughlin who was at Rossvale last season. If it’s the same guy (and I’ve not idea whether it is), he was at Airdrie when he was younger too.

I was up at the Science Park last week and he was training with Caley Locos (Rossvale).

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I was up at the Science Park last week and he was training with Caley Locos (Rossvale).

Ta. Wonder how he’s ended up on trial at us then. By all accounts he was impressive yesterday so it’ll be interesting to see whether he sticks around.

16 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I realise Clyde maybe felt obliged to play in this tournament as it was a memorial competition. However playing your first two (of four?) friendlies against 7th/8th tier seems odd when you've got a large number of trialists you're trying the assess.

You must be new here. Clyde FC behaving bizarrely is not normally a shock.

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I realise Clyde maybe felt obliged to play in this tournament as it was a memorial competition. However playing your first two (of four?) friendlies against 7th/8th tier seems odd when you've got a large number of trialists you're trying the assess.

Playing against diddie teams to win some stupid tournament that means nothing.Why not test the trialists against good teams to see what they are made of.Clyde fc from top to bottom are an amateur club.Wait till the real stuff starts and watch that team find their way to the bottom of league 2.The whole thing is a joke and don’t get me started on crownpoint

9 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I’d be interested to hear what folks alternatives to crownpoint are…

According to the info at the meetings etc it would be continuing ground share at NDP and move on (and look for)  any other opportunity to build elsewhere should Crownpoint bid be unsuccessful. 
I think the Club are well aware that Council processes are notoriously difficult and are therefore realise it’s far from certainty we will actually get Crownpoint. 

1 hour ago, Weehowee said:

Hope I am wrong but Crownpoint won't happen

Hide contents

This isn’t directed at you as there’s a good few said it, but nobody has offered up any sort of decent reason as to why it won’t happen. 

15 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

This isn’t directed at you as there’s a good few said it, but nobody has offered up any sort of decent reason as to why it won’t happen. 

I reckon that it’s a combination of no trust in this current board alongside having been continuously let down over the last decade and a half. Nothing tangible to it really.

I reckon we will get Crownpoint, however I don’t really trust the current regime to develop and run it. We struggle sometimes to run the club let alone a football team and an athletics/football campus. 

Realistically the only way we don’t get it is if the council goes with Finnart, who seemed to be interested in the football side of the facility only, or the council 180 and don’t want to get rid. 

The application submitted was certainly comprehensive enough. Although, the local MPs supporting Finnart’s bid (apparently one MP who backs it is a former Finnart player) is worrying. 

I can’t find any actual application other than the initial submission from Finnart but a quick Google search reveals affiliates of Finnart positing on internet forums spreading untruths about big, bad, Clyde wanting to rip up the whole complex. Certainly seems to be a bit of a mob mentality to that from players/ex-players/parents/coaches etc.

I certainly hope we get it. Considering this process has already taken a year to get to this stage, never mind breaking ground on any re-development, it would be a disaster to have to identify another suitable site and start again at square one. Truthfully, I hope Finnart find what they are looking for too but selfishly, not at our expense.

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

Truthfully, I hope Finnart find what they are looking for too but selfishly, not at our expense.

Is there any reason that we both couldn’t use it? Plenty of teams sharing these days, it’s much less of an issue with Astro surfaces. A joint venture with us as primary tenant would make a lot of sense.

22 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Is there any reason that we both couldn’t use it? Plenty of teams sharing these days, it’s much less of an issue with Astro surfaces. A joint venture with us as primary tenant would make a lot of sense.

Clyde were willing to share Crownpoint with Finnart.

Finnart werent willing to share Crownpoint with Clyde.

That the reason why we both cant use it.

Both sharing it and retaining the athletics club makes sense but the problem with common sense is unfortunately it isnt very common.

15 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Clyde were willing to share Crownpoint with Finnart.

Finnart werent willing to share Crownpoint with Clyde.

That the reason why we both cant use it.

Both sharing it and retaining the athletics club makes sense but the problem with common sense is unfortunately it isnt very common.

Ah must have missed that, thanks. If our bid is successful they might change their outlook. 

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Ah must have missed that, thanks. If our bid is successful they might change their outlook. 

Maybe but I think if any bid will be successful there one will

1. They are already embedded in the local area

2. They have support from local MPs, councillors etc.