Clyde Season 23/24

A shambles made more embarrassing by the fact they've announced this without even being able to show us the new kit.

Surely it would have made sense to overrule the away kit vote and just go with whichever of the other kits came second. Some people would have moaned anyway but going with red and burgundy kits is a joke.

Having organised kits for Sunday league and school teams, I have a great deal of sympathy when these things happen. Even as an SPFL side we are fairly low down the priority list I reckon, particularly for Puma.

However, I am 99% certain that the reason we ended up with a dreadful plain home kit last season was because of supplier issues meaning we had to go in a different direction late on. In which case, allowing this to happen again is completely unfathomable. Surely we don't have a deal which ties us into a particular kit, even if the correct colours are unavailable?

The burgundy thing is genuinely bonkers. Why are these things never dealt with?

26 minutes ago, David W said:

Having organised kits for Sunday league and school teams, I have a great deal of sympathy when these things happen. Even as an SPFL side we are fairly low down the priority list I reckon, particularly for Puma.

However, I am 99% certain that the reason we ended up with a dreadful plain home kit last season was because of supplier issues meaning we had to go in a different direction late on. In which case, allowing this to happen again is completely unfathomable. Surely we don't have a deal which ties us into a particular kit, even if the correct colours are unavailable?

The burgundy thing is genuinely bonkers. Why are these things never dealt with?

Is any other club suffering issues like this? Genuine question- let’s narrow it down to any other Club in League 1 and 2- and to be specific- any other club not able to play in their traditional home kit colours next season?

3 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Is any other club suffering issues like this?

Stenhousemuir are also having a bit of bother. It’s the combo of RJM and their Puma stock. The teams that use adidas haven’t been affected and their kits are out already. 

It’s probably not RJM’s fault, more to do with the brand and difficulty obtaining stock. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I don’t think this season is the first time we have had issues- a contract will have break clauses for non performance I would think.

It might aye, but you don't know what's been agreed, nor how all this is being arranged. It might be lack of organisation on your side which wouldn't give you any reason to trigger a break. 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It might aye, but you don't know what's been agreed, nor how all this is being arranged. It might be lack of organisation on your side which wouldn't give you any reason to trigger a break. 

For a fans owned Club- we know very little- it’s a load of bullshit.