Clyde Season 23/24

Yesterday was ok in the first half, good at points. Sula and Dunachie looked a good pairing. I'm hoping that the defence will do well in league 2.

The second half was poor.  They kept on doubling up on Craig and Mcculloch on the wings and we didnt deal with it, something which can't be blamed on them when they close down to find the second man has moved into space. I didnt feel the performance of either were as bad as some have suggested. When it comes to Forbes I can remember comments on here when we signed him and I couldn't recall him. On yesterday's viewing I am struggling to think why the club were willing to give him a deal without him drastically improving his fitness. If the plan is to start him in midfield for the season it will be a glaring weakness for teams to use. 

It is criminal to finish last year with squad depth as one of the issues that cost us in the play-off final to then be on the verge of a new league season starting in three weeks time with the same issue. 

8 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Sing away- it may have taken a while but people are wakening up to the fact the buck stops upstairs.

Our fans are getting the c**t ripped out of them and I have tried to point out the road we are going down with the poor board we have and football  management team  and shit recruitment.We have a dinosaur as football director and poor Brian McLean I really do feel sorry for him what chance has he got getting worked from the back by Jim Duffy.I have an interesting fact for you all.We are heading towards the lowland league on an express train and if and when we end up there and no one believes it can get that bad believe me it will.You can’t get promoted out the lowland league if you don’t have your own stadium.In other words you can’t get promoted if you ground share and crownpoint is a pipe dream and in any case years away although in my opinion won’t ever happen.

10 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Our fans are getting the c**t ripped out of them and I have tried to point out the road we are going down with the poor board we have and football  management team  and shit recruitment.We have a dinosaur as football director and poor Brian McLean I really do feel sorry for him what chance has he got getting worked from the back by Jim Duffy.I have an interesting fact for you all.We are heading towards the lowland league on an express train and if and when we end up there and no one believes it can get that bad believe me it will.You can’t get promoted out the lowland league if you don’t have your own stadium.In other words you can’t get promoted if you ground share and crownpoint is a pipe dream and in any case years away although in my opinion won’t ever happen.

Clyde fans certainly won't miss Private Fraser as long as you are around 😄

49 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

Yesterday was ok in the first half, good at points. Sula and Dunachie looked a good pairing. I'm hoping that the defence will do well in league 2.

The second half was poor.  They kept on doubling up on Craig and Mcculloch on the wings and we didnt deal with it, something which can't be blamed on them when they close down to find the second man has moved into space. I didnt feel the performance of either were as bad as some have suggested. When it comes to Forbes I can remember comments on here when we signed him and I couldn't recall him. On yesterday's viewing I am struggling to think why the club were willing to give him a deal without him drastically improving his fitness. If the plan is to start him in midfield for the season it will be a glaring weakness for teams to use. 

It is criminal to finish last year with squad depth as one of the issues that cost us in the play-off final to then be on the verge of a new league season starting in three weeks time with the same issue. 

Ross Forbes has been shaped like a Christmas puddin' pretty much his whole career, he's just not going to improve that at 34.

22 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Clyde fans certainly won't miss Private Fraser as long as you are around 😄

Just assume the ostrich position and we will join Albion rovers Berwick rangers east Stirling Cowdenbeath and Gretna  in the lowland league.It’s a graveyard for once great clubs and we will join that list.Now keep posting stupid things and ignore these words and you’ll see us joining these clubs in the lowland league and we will never get out of it.I predict we will be bottom of league 2 by September with that rag tag shit squad we have assembled.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Nothing here to disagree with. Maybe if you modify your tone a little you’ll be less disliked. Certainly nothing wrong with your rational

46 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Just assume the ostrich position and we will join Albion rovers Berwick rangers east Stirling Cowdenbeath and Gretna  in the lowland league.It’s a graveyard for once great clubs and we will join that list.Now keep posting stupid things and ignore these words and you’ll see us joining these clubs in the lowland league and we will never get out of it.I predict we will be bottom of league 2 by September with that rag tag shit squad we have assembled.

I'm not a Clyde fan but this can go two ways.  Either you stay on the sidelines and continue to bump your gums or you can actively involve yourself in the affairs of the club by joining your Supporters Trust or suchlike and getting across the table.

I won't presume to know the ins and outs of Clyde FC other than the obvious issues like your current lack of a home but to give you some hope I would cite the example of Clydebank FC who fell into the abyss but have been successfully rebuilt by the local community.  I don't pretend it would be easy, the easy bit is grandstanding on here 

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm not a Clyde fan but this can go two ways.  Either you stay on the sidelines and continue to bump your gums or you can actively involve yourself in the affairs of the club by joining your Supporters Trust or suchlike and getting across the table.

I won't presume to know the ins and outs of Clyde FC other than the obvious issues like your current lack of a home but to give you some hope I would cite the example of Clydebank FC who fell into the abyss but have been successfully rebuilt by the local community.  I don't pretend it would be easy, the easy bit is grandstanding on here 

So if I’m not happy with a Company’s performance in which I have shares, I can’t be critical unless I’m prepared to launch a boardroom takeover?

2 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Which raises a concern that we are less fit than Stenny and Spartans or it’s just down to poor quality of player, or a combination of both

Probably a combination of both

Dont know about Spartans but would expect us to be below Stenny come the end of the season

plus also below

East Fife

Peterhead

Dumbarton

Forfar

Which really means best looking at is 6th

1 hour ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Probably a combination of both

Dont know about Spartans but would expect us to be below Stenny come the end of the season

plus also below

East Fife

Peterhead

Dumbarton

Forfar

Which really means best looking at is 6th

I honestly think it’s a 3 way mini league with us and Bonnyrigg and Elgin for 10th

6 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

I honestly think it’s a 3 way mini league with us and Bonnyrigg and Elgin for 10th

We are odds on to get relegated but on a positive note the fans will get to travel to grounds they haven’t been to before and in my opinion the lowland league level is no different from league 1&2 but with the current Clyde setup that’s where we are headed.

6 hours ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

Nothing here to disagree with. Maybe if you modify your tone a little you’ll be less disliked. Certainly nothing wrong with your rational

It’s not a popularity contest and I would rather be honest than be a yes man like the  rest of the idiots on this chat but my tone reflects the frustration in knowing  the incompetence of the decision makers at the  club and the fans are passive about it.We should be shouting from the roof tops to sack the board and bring in a manager who knows the modern game.Do none of you see this and do you not realise how bad and poor this playing squad is.We are now bringing in players  relatives to fill up the squad numbers that’s the level of recruitment we are at never mind all the scouting networks to bring talent to the club.It’s Piss poor and rotten to the core.