Clyde Season 23/24

45 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

By my calculations since Duffy came back to the club in November 2022 we have won 4 competitive matches in 90mins out of 36 played.

How can anyone in their right mind think this is the man to spearhead our football operations.

Absolutely agree. It just doesn't make any sense. I still suspect the board were planning on just keeping Jim on as manager but then realised last minute there was virtually no appetite among the fan base for this so they came up with the "Director of Football" nonsense. If only they'd cast the net just a wee bit wider than the man already failing spectacularly at his job...

Edited by RutherGlen

Sorry to intrude, first up declared point of order. Back in the Shawfield days , was a ball boy. Biggest memory was a bus back from an away game. No idea why I was on  the bus, I grew up that night with the antics.

Agree some of the Stirling Uni players are excellent.  Problem is they play in  British Universities Legue as well as Lowland plus training daily and studying . Also state of the art facilities and fitness and conditioning programmes.  They are lucky boys, moving on not a big attraction for them I suggest, anywhere. 

Wouldn't presume to know the answer to your current situation.  That said, from personal experience,  tapping in to the depth of support and passion for the Club, make that the focus. Personal criticism,  boycotts,  factions etc  are counterproductive.  Maybe have an open meeting , EGMs too constrained by rules and regulations.  

Let everyone who has an interest,  probably more than you might think, come along , have a say and try to agree a way forward for a Club that means so  much to so many. 

2 hours ago, ekok said:

Sorry to intrude, first up declared point of order. Back in the Shawfield days , was a ball boy. Biggest memory was a bus back from an away game. No idea why I was on  the bus, I grew up that night with the antics.

Agree some of the Stirling Uni players are excellent.  Problem is they play in  British Universities Legue as well as Lowland plus training daily and studying . Also state of the art facilities and fitness and conditioning programmes.  They are lucky boys, moving on not a big attraction for them I suggest, anywhere. 

Wouldn't presume to know the answer to your current situation.  That said, from personal experience,  tapping in to the depth of support and passion for the Club, make that the focus. Personal criticism,  boycotts,  factions etc  are counterproductive.  Maybe have an open meeting , EGMs too constrained by rules and regulations.  

Let everyone who has an interest,  probably more than you might think, come along , have a say and try to agree a way forward for a Club that means so  much to so many. 

What is there to talk about broomhill Clydebank and now Stirling university.where does the next worst defeat come from Rossvale under 15s.We now move on to Saturday and Peterhead will beat us and how do you get these people to resign.You couldn’t paint a red neck on the manager or the board.

7 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

A crowd of 222 last night. I’m assuming that’s a record low outside of the Covid affected games? :(

I think you could be right.

Someone on another media platform stated the on field performance/results during the current Chairman's reign. It doesn't make for good reading sadly.

Competitive matches played: 98

Won: 18

Drawn: 26

Lost: 54

Where in any world of sport is a win rate of less than 20% acceptable?

That's also 2 disastrous recruitment policies now with the Graham Diamond era, which quietly died with no explanation and now the Jim Duffy attempt, both being pretty catastrophic.

Mr T clearly has not reached the part of the management training manual which covers self assessment of performance.

If the person with all the money we are being told of has a real good look at this, maybe he will decide to create a new post at the Club, and apportion some of the budget to employing an experienced football Club CEO instead allowing the current ineptitude in player recruitment.

We are in free fall and the main chute has failed to open and we are searching madly for the emergency chute........please find it before it's too late.

12 hours ago, ekok said:

They only have that infrastructure while at Uni and that team is constantly evolving. We (Elgin) have signed a couple of their players in recent years.

1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:

So let me get this straight.

We were deservedly relegated after a horrific season, then proceeded to promote a complete failure of a manager and defender with no managerial experience whilst retaining the majority of an inept squad.

Roll on after a pre-season of near silence, some absolutely dross signings, the farce involving our playing strip and a couple of token closed-door lacklustre friendlies to whet the appetite, and first up is the car crash of a League Cup, where we lose all four fixtures and ship 11 goals, the most notable of which to a Highland League side at ‘home’

Next up the league campaign gets underway, with an away draw to the league newcomers and then a ‘home’ defeat to last season’s 8th place league newcomers.

Finally, papped straight out of the Challenge Cup at the first time of asking to a fucking Lowland League University team, conceding three goals at ‘home’ to them in the process and marking our 7th failure to win and 9th failure at a shut out in a row.

All this has occurred within 3 months, and still nobody has walked? Am I missing something?!

f**k me!

Eloquently put and yes you are missing something..............the delusional qualities of the Board and a Chair who does not agree we are in crisis....well, taking his benchmark of crisis....will he admit it if the Crown Point bid they have sacrificed everything else for fails?

The facts are clear for everyone to see under the tenure of this incompetent failed Chairman. As well as the worst defeat in our history on Wednesday we also had our lowest home crowd ever of 222. Some feat Gordon . 2 stats to be thoroughly ashamed of. Not a peep this morning. Nothing.  Just shows you the contempt the fans are held in by these folk. A statement should have been issued if not on Wednesday night at the latest some time yesterday. The players are lambs to the slaughter tomorrow. It's not their fault that the majority aren't up to this level. One can  only hope that Peterhead are in benevolent mood. Otherwise this could be anything. Be 3 subs maximum no doubt thanks to  the lazy lackadaisical approach from Duffy all summer . Absolutely disgusted what's happening to the club and all under the tenure of GT.

15 hours ago, ekok said:

I totally agree that would be the sensible way forward but, the Chairman/Board have battened down the hatches and actioned radio silence. The only way they will engage with the fans in a formal way is if the Members of the club call for an EGM. For a Board that has ‘fans’ on it, they don’t communicate with the guys they left on the terraces. 

On 05/08/2023 at 17:49, Beachcomber said:

Conner Duthie stretchered off after 58 mins, looked bad.

In case any Clyde fans are interested, statement from Peterhead FC.

Conner Duthie Update:
After undergoing scans this week, we can now confirm that Conner has unfortunately suffered a significant ACL injury which will in all likelihood keep him sidelined for the remainder of the season. Conner has fitted in brilliantly both on and off the pitch since his arrival at Balmoor and we are all devastated for him that this has happened, especially given what he went through last season and his difficult journey to get back playing football. We want Conner to know that everyone at PFC is right behind him and that we are here to give our support and ensure that he makes a full recovery to get back on the pitch again doing what he loves

16 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

What i mean is that nothing against getting players from a lower league.  But they need to be able to step up.

Just my opinion but the players signed are not good enough and will never be good enough to step up. 

Again my opinion that the 3 I singled out from Stirling Univ last night would have been a much better option that what we have signed again based on the game last night.

Suppose all about opinions on a player at the end of the day

26 minutes ago, blueone said:

Conner Duthie Update:
After undergoing scans this week, we can now confirm that Conner has unfortunately suffered a significant ACL injury which will in all likelihood keep him sidelined for the remainder of the season. Conner has fitted in brilliantly both on and off the pitch since his arrival at Balmoor and we are all devastated for him that this has happened, especially given what he went through last season and his difficult journey to get back playing football. We want Conner to know that everyone at PFC is right behind him and that we are here to give our support and ensure that he makes a full recovery to get back on the pitch again doing what he loves

Never nice to hear and especially straight after his heart repair. 

Get him to Gordon McKay at Rosshall in Paisley - the guy is a genius with ACL's

48 minutes ago, blueone said:

Conner Duthie Update:

That's absolutely awful to hear. Poor boy has certainly been through it. Hope he recovers from this latest setback, he seems a really good laddie.

1 hour ago, the bigger picture said:

I totally agree that would be the sensible way forward but, the Chairman/Board have battened down the hatches and actioned radio silence. The only way they will engage with the fans in a formal way is if the Members of the club call for an EGM. For a Board that has ‘fans’ on it, they don’t communicate with the guys they left on the terraces. 

100%.

Truth is the board was, and I'd say, still is horribly split, but still maintain collective responsibility.

I don't doubt the commitment of the board at all but, they are in denial, if they believe this shitshow will right itself.  For a "fan-owned" club, we are pretty autocratic.  

I get that determination is a positive quality, but stubbornness is not.

1 hour ago, blueone said:

Conner Duthie Update:

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m really not any more interested in an ex-player who played a handful games for us getting injured at his new club over any other player in the world suffering an injury.

We’ve got far bigger worries at the moment.

31 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m really not any more interested in an ex-player who played a handful games for us getting injured at his new club over any other player in the world suffering an injury.

We’ve got far bigger worries at the moment.

Jesus fucking christ man, what a ridiculous thing to be saying. Have a bit of compassion for the boy. No wonder people think Clyde fans are a bunch of wanks for the most part.

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Jesus fucking christ man, what a ridiculous thing to be saying. Have a bit of compassion for the boy. No wonder people think Clyde fans are a bunch of wanks for the most part.

It’s a shame for the lad but he played a handful of games for us after taking a wage all season and chose to move on. Good luck to him in his recovery but it’s completely irrelevant.

31 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

He didn't say he wasn't interested. He said he wasn't any more interested in him than any other player who is injured.

And we do have far bigger worries than a guy who played about 180 mins for us.

Read the fucking post before exploding with more of your self-righteous pish.

24 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Read the fucking post before exploding with more of your self-righteous pish.

How about open your mouth and I'll explode some self-righteous pish where you'd normally pay folk to do it stupit.

There are many reasons that Clyde is a laughing stock in all aspects, and one of them is the attitude of our fans. A Peterhead fan kindly updated us on a former player who's had a horrendous run of things, there's no need to give it the 'I don't cares'.