Clyde Season 23/24

3 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

It would appear that The Glasgow Branch Clyde Supporters’Club are being used to drive forward this initiative.

Whilst change is needed this is not the time .Wait until we hear what the outcome re Crownpoint is.

As fine a body of men as you could meet in a days walking.

52 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

My thoughts exactly!

Absolute vermin 😫

No sorry, that’s way ott. There’s a big difference from blazer whores like Bobby Gracey and Stevie Tennant using our initial signing of Goodwillie to further their own agendas, than a bunch of fans who fund raise, and had built affinities as fans and on a personal level over 5 years.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

Isn't it amazing so many people are suddenly desperate to pump money into Clyde.

Soon, Man City will be quaking in their boots at the oncoming Bully Wee juggernaut.

Then again, maybe some people are just full of shit.

Turkish investors at that. We have well known links over there as well…

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I’ve heard that Bobby Gracey is part of this apparent takeover bid. I noticed him at the game on Saturday but didn’t see him as part of the group serving the call for the EGM to the Chairman. It makes sense that such a smug, self-serving, c u next tuesday (in my opinion) would have others do his bidding for him.

Nae offence, Bobby - I just hated your previous spell as a director. It’s beyond me how anyone could think involving him in the running of our club again would be, in any way, an improvement.

6 minutes ago, SReplay said:

I’ve heard that Bobby Gracey is part of this apparent takeover bid. I noticed him at the game on Saturday but didn’t see him as part of the group serving the call for the EGM to the Chairman. It makes sense that such a smug, self-serving, c u next tuesday (in my opinion) would have others do his bidding for him.

Nae offence, Bobby - I just hated your previous spell as a director. It’s beyond me how anyone could think involving him in the running of our club again would be, in any way, an improvement.

And led by JA, I believe.  A man whose only interest is JA. 

15 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Oh he was there all right , lurking at the back 

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

And led by JA, I believe.  A man whose only interest is JA. 

The exact opposite.  He has been posting some extremely interesting stuff to counter and debunk what is being said by those posing in place for this consortium including an exchange with another ex chairman, one I don't think he saw eye to eye with at the end of the latter's term at the club, in which they state they were approached by BG to see if they wanted to come on board with this Turkish group putting money in (£1m).  He told BG he was not interested. 

This group's fan representative stated neither BG or this Turkish investment scheme are not involved would appear to be grossly inaccurate. 

At least the Board have now given an internal statement to the owners on the official forum ( if anyone hasn’t seen it yet) clarifying and correcting some of the factually wrong points raised by the ‘challenging’ group. 

All very messy and sad as the damage done already I don’t think we will recover from.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

20 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

At least the Board have now given an internal statement to the owners on the official forum ( if anyone hasn’t seen it yet) clarifying and correcting some of the factually wrong points raised by the ‘challenging’ group. 

All very messy and sad as the damage done already I don’t think we will recover from.

You may well be right , clear from the statement that any change will result in losing crownpoint and our donor. 

also apparent that the statements made by those requesting an egm are words to this point where as the club have issued facts .

Edited by Shetto Clyde Man

And if you already thought the "takeover" bid lacked any credibility, there is now a response on the Q&A forum that there is serious doubt whether some of the EGM signatories actually gave their permission for the specific reasons stated in the EGM request.

These are not serious people.

1 minute ago, rb1877 said:

And if you already thought the "takeover" bid lacked any credibility, there is now a response on the Q&A forum that there is serious doubt whether some of the EGM signatories actually gave their permission for the specific reasons stated in the EGM request.

These are not serious people.

Sounds like they have not signed anything or they would have know what they were getting involved in. Schoolboy error.

What an unholy mess.

As I said in two different conversations recently - stick to what you know and do it to help the club.

People getting involved in EGMs, Corporate Governance, Structuring alternative Board of Directors and so on when they have no working experience of such is frankly ridiculous.

For the good of the club - step back, watch what happens over the autumn regarding Crownpoint and funding, and then review the need for an approach to the Board - preferably done in the proper manner by those who are 

a. Competent in such manners

b. Are the ones responsible for the 'detail' of the replacement Board and new Club objectives

c. Capable of communicating a vision that supporters can make a judgement on.

If the above 'offends' anyone because they see it as condescending then so be it. 

Get this wrong and the consequences could be severe.  Way beyond being angry at football results being very poor. 

23 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

What an unholy mess.

As I said in two different conversations recently - stick to what you know and do it to help the club.

People getting involved in EGMs, Corporate Governance, Structuring alternative Board of Directors and so on when they have no working experience of such is frankly ridiculous.

For the good of the club - step back, watch what happens over the autumn regarding Crownpoint and funding, and then review the need for an approach to the Board - preferably done in the proper manner by those who are 

a. Competent in such manners

b. Are the ones responsible for the 'detail' of the replacement Board and new Club objectives

c. Capable of communicating a vision that supporters can make a judgement on.

If the above 'offends' anyone because they see it as condescending then so be it. 

Get this wrong and the consequences could be severe.  Way beyond being angry at football results being very poor. 

Great post but on your point C....given all this hooha should it not be the right time to tell the support and the members more detail of the bloke putting in the money. I know he didnt want to originally but that was before all this kicked off. Surely things have changed a bit and the people need to know why they are being asked to  sit back and wait for so they can make a decision on going forward with a meeting or not.