Clyde Season 23/24

5 hours ago, SReplay said:

Had a laugh at that myself.

Or how regulated. £250 pw in a brown envelope or £250 pw minus paye, nic, pension etc. L1 and L2 standard players might prefer the extra cash in hand payout at a lower level over the prestige of Balmoor on a Tuesday in January.

7 minutes ago, SReplay said:

I think that’s as good a shout as any to be honest.

Is he a ‘game changer’ though, don’t know much about him tbh 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Young lad Andrew Tod at Dunfermline was on loan at Elgin last season and is a bit of a baller. 

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Is he a ‘game changer’ though, don’t know much about him tbh 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Young lad Andrew Tod at Dunfermline was on loan at Elgin last season and is a bit of a baller. 

I think, unless we bring in more proven quality he’ll be too close to the first team to be given out on loan,  played in some form every game apart from rovers since Todd got his injury. Plus the club didn’t feel his Elgin loan worked out, tho some of that was due to the distance and not training with them.

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Looking at the championship squads today, I wonder if the attacking midfielder coming could be Alex King at Morton. 

1 hour ago, SReplay said:

I think that’s as good a shout as any to be honest.

Every time I’ve seen him play he’s played left back or left wing back? 

Scott Allan is away to the Northern Irish Champions Larne 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Every time I’ve seen him play he’s played left back or left wing back? 

Scott Allan is away to the Northern Irish Champions Larne 

Ahh, wasn’t sure to be honest and only seen him on highlights but thought he played a bit further forward. 

13 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Midfield injuries would suggest Airdrie, to me. 

Yeah, we had Frizzell, McCabe and Telfer out yesterday, plus McMaster got injured two minutes in. I’ve got no idea if he’s normally an attacking midfielder but I’d guess Gavin Gallagher would be the obvious shout, as the others are all contenders to start every week.

The Carrick is actually a good comparison to us. A Glasgow institution in the centre of the city. Sprung a leak, lost its home and then was left to rot out in the sticks for decades. 

Edited to add. Just read that she was saved by an Australian volunteer group, repaired and sailed to Perth where she now sits as a visitor attraction. 

Edited by same_ol_g35

13 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

The Carrick is actually a good comparison to us. A Glasgow institution in the centre of the city. Sprung a leak, lost its home and then was left to rot out in the sticks for decades. 

Edited to add. Just read that she was saved by an Australian volunteer group, repaired and sailed to Perth where she now sits as a visitor attraction. 

Can we relocate and join the A League?

On 03/09/2023 at 14:40, Brian Carrigan said:

No offence to the laddie and I’m sure he’s a pler, but if this signing is a 19 year old Airdrie reserve then we must riot.

You won't be saying that when you unveil the loan signing of the Belfast Messi,,   Liam McStravick