Clyde Season 23/24

Story seems to be that we had asked to sell our 150 allocation through TicketCo to ensure they were reserved for away supporters. Musselburgh declined this as they wanted to use their own ticketing system. 40 ST holders emailed to reserve a ticket, the other 110 tickets were handed back to be put on general sale, where it seems home fans have bought tickets for the away end. Pretty poor stuff.

Edited by SReplay

2 hours ago, SReplay said:

I’d be quite surprised if the club weren’t speaking to Musselburgh or the SFA about it but I’m not sure what, if anything, would actually be done about it in practice.

You are expecting our board to actually function and do something meaningful, you sure it was water in your tea?

6 hours ago, SReplay said:

Story seems to be that we had asked to sell our 150 allocation through TicketCo to ensure they were reserved for away supporters. Musselburgh declined this as they wanted to use their own ticketing system. 40 ST holders emailed to reserve a ticket, the other 110 tickets were handed back to be put on general sale, where it seems home fans have bought tickets for the away end. Pretty poor stuff.

I may be wrong here but is that not the usual protocol i.e. the home side deals with all ticketing arrangements.  I get the capacity at Spartans is obviously bigger (and it was a league game) but buying tickets for that was done through Fanbase (as it reminded me as it defaulted to Spartans for the ticket portal this morning).  And the option was there initially for away tickets, but just went off fairly quickly.  

Don't get me wrong, if home fans have ended up with away tickets its poor show, but I'd have thought the home side were within their rights to insist on using their own ticketing mechanism for the game, just as we would be if we were the home side.  

With all that said, I've not been a fan of the online ticket situation anyway since it was brought in, not been a fan of TicketCo either at times, it would have been ideal if it had been actual tickets.

Assuming there has been a capacity cap set at Olivebank for this one?

39 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

After the last couple of years of being put out of cups by lower league opposition I had no appetite to buy a ticket 

It wasn't so much previous but current form that put me off. That said, I do expect a Clyde win here. If we lose, we not only need a new manager but a whole new team. I only hope there's enough in the new kitty to fund it!

9 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

I may be wrong here but is that not the usual protocol i.e. the home side deals with all ticketing arrangements.  I get the capacity at Spartans is obviously bigger (and it was a league game) but buying tickets for that was done through Fanbase (as it reminded me as it defaulted to Spartans for the ticket portal this morning).  And the option was there initially for away tickets, but just went off fairly quickly.  

Don't get me wrong, if home fans have ended up with away tickets its poor show, but I'd have thought the home side were within their rights to insist on using their own ticketing mechanism for the game, just as we would be if we were the home side.  

With all that said, I've not been a fan of the online ticket situation anyway since it was brought in, not been a fan of TicketCo either at times, it would have been ideal if it had been actual tickets.

Assuming there has been a capacity cap set at Olivebank for this one?

We offered Musselburgh to use ticketco for the 150 away tickets, which happened with Clydebank. It is ultimately up to the home team though. 

Crownpoint...... no update..........nothing.............. surely not a difficult decision for GCC between two applications, either choose a plausible one or dismiss both, make a fecking decision soon as this season of a farce is driving me completely nuts. No disrespect to the next two teams we're playing but ffs games against Bonnyrigg and Musselburgh (we never budget for a cup run!!...) when we used to be playing teams like Dunfermline, Plastic Whistle, QOS, Livingston, ..............................

20 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Crownpoint...... no update..........nothing.............. surely not a difficult decision for GCC between two applications, either choose a plausible one or dismiss both, make a fecking decision soon as this season of a farce is driving me completely nuts. No disrespect to the next two teams we're playing but ffs games against Bonnyrigg and Musselburgh (we never budget for a cup run!!...) when we used to be playing teams like Dunfermline, Plastic Whistle, QOS, Livingston, ..............................

Maybe if you'd played better against them you wouldn't be here ...

5 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Maybe if you'd played better against them you wouldn't be here ...

Thanks Stag Nation for stating the fecking obvious............... don't be under no illusion that we know exactly how poor we are and have been for the last 19 years since our financial woes trying to get into the PL..... maybe we'll take Jordan White back on loan seeing how Staggie fans have been giving him pelters of late.....