Clyde Season 23/24

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So would you appoint James Fowler , who has won...

As a player, he won the league cup.

James Fowler at least has experience operating in the professional leagues in a few different capacities. He has played up to B level for Scotland, managed in the lower leagues and coached to a very high level at Sunderland (and he won his only game as caretaker).

No appointment at this point is a guaranteed sure thing, so the club need to have as many knowns as possible. Kennedy ticks no boxes.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

A an ambitious manager with did well with Darvel dragging them up to the top of the league in a very competitive environment with Auchinleck, Pollok etc splashing the cash as well,  taking over at East Kilbride in the lowland League and basically pishing the league that Clyde are in severe danger of dropping into,  natural progression for Kennedy to go into League 2,  no reason to think he will struggle as long as he can bring in his own players,    not really sure what James Fowler brings to the party... What do you think..

This is a wind up, aye? He's the definition of a chequebook manager. He won't be able to "bring in his own players" be because he'll have nowhere near as good a budget as he's had at Darvel and EK. A lot of the players he's brought in at EK would still do a job in L1 and L2. They're not there just to play under Kennedy (regardless of what that deluded Darvel fan says) or for the love of EK. They won't be rocking up at Clyde. 

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So would you appoint James Fowler , who has won...

As has been said on our thread, Fowler did well with us in a league that contained Hearts, Hibs and Rangers. He did it with a budget nowhere near as big as Kennedy has had in comparison. 

I don't know how Fowler would do but I can say with some certainty he'd do better than Kennedy. I doubt the latter would seriously consider the job as he'd finally be found out. 

13 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Ultimately, Kennedy is a deeply unlikeable guy who has no experience managing a team in our position. Anyone saying he’s the best candidate is a) deluded or b) an employee of Black Rooster Peri Peri. 

It’d be different if he’d managed in the professional leagues, or even played in them, or had managed under any sort of adversity whatsoever. The guy doesn’t give off anything but fraud vibes.

A.  Deluded,  possibly but in all honesty I don't have a dug in the fight,  am I an old traditionalist that is anti pyramid and always support our member clubs over  the wannabes when they are on a one way ticket to oblivion,  then hell yeah..

B.  Never been in a rooster chicken place in my puff,  but if Mick is reading this and me singing his praises,  DM  me son wouldn't mind trying it..

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is a wind up, aye? He's the definition of a chequebook manager. He won't be able to "bring in his own players" be because he'll have nowhere near as good a budget as he's had at Darvel and EK. A lot of the players he's brought in at EK would still do a job in L1 and L2. They're not there just to play under Kennedy (regardless of what that deluded Darvel fan says) or for the love of EK. They won't be rocking up at Clyde. 

As has been said on our thread, Fowler did well with us in a league that contained Hearts, Hibs and Rangers. He did it with a budget nowhere near as big as Kennedy has had in comparison. 

I don't know how Fowler would do but I can say with some certainty he'd do better than Kennedy. I doubt the latter would seriously consider the job as he'd finally be found out. 

Money seems to come easy to Clubs who employ MK. No idea how that happens !

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

A an ambitious manager with did well with Darvel dragging them up to the top of the league in a very competitive environment with Auchinleck, Pollok etc splashing the cash as well,  taking over at East Kilbride in the lowland League and basically pishing the league that Clyde are in severe danger of dropping into,  natural progression for Kennedy to go into League 2,  no reason to think he will struggle as long as he can bring in his own players,    not really sure what James Fowler brings to the party... What do you think..

Hiya Michael.

11 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Does anyone actually know for sure if MK is actually in the running of the job, or is it one of these rumours which has grown arms and legs?

I don't see why he would want it. Seems like he has free reign at EK and barring an almighty collapse, they're probably going to end up in League 2 next year, potentially waving at Clyde on the way past. He's been able to sign 25 players and bring in members of staff such as Blair Munn (who is a very well thought of coach), Simon Ferry and Craig Bryson and there's no way he'd be able to do that at Clyde. Also, as has previously been mentioned, if he comes to Clyde (or any struggling team in the leagues), there is a huge chance that he gets found out straight away and he will not want that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clyde approached him to have an initial conversation however. Even that is quite a bizarre move though, as it's just so glaringly obvious that the guy is an absolute charlatan.

16 hours ago, Passionate said:

Possibly the biggest load of shite I've read on here.

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

I’d be keen to hear how he failed to get Darvel promoted twice on a budget that would sit comfortably 3-4 leagues above. 

The year they won the West Premier some players had a stag booked for the playoffs and others made noises they were happy staying in the West instead of playing in the Lowland.

Last year the Scottish Cup run was a distraction and Kennedy was trying to get a bigger job off the back of it.

Signing a team from leagues above is great on paper but they aren't the best for digging you out that hole.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Massive gamble all round, if true. He is going to a much lesser budget, and Clyde are getting an untested manager at that level.

Mick always seems to sign up good players cos they just want to play for him, at least thats what they tell HMRC !