Clyde Season 23/24

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

You’ve not got involved with the weirdo who was in talks to take over Raith ?  One of his ready to sign options being his son?

You’re missing the point. We have the wrong chairman and a poor board.The decisions these people are making have put us bottom of the league.

17 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

You’re missing the point. We have the wrong chairman and a poor board.The decisions these people are making have put us bottom of the league.

Point? It was a question.

There’s obviously been a series of mistakes at Clyde that have resulted in you being so far off it, I don’t think that can be denied.  But there’s that many as someone who doesn’t follow you I haven’t kept up with all the details. Which is why I’m asking about the so called money man that has been mentioned over the past while. Getting involved with the guy who tried to take over Raith who sounded like a fraud isn’t something I’d put past a club who have made so many poor decisions.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Point? It was a question.

There’s obviously been a series of mistakes at Clyde that have resulted in you being so far off it, I don’t think that can be denied.  But there’s that many as someone who doesn’t follow you I haven’t kept up with all the details. Which is why I’m asking about the so called money man that has been mentioned over the past while. Getting involved with the guy who tried to take over Raith who sounded like a fraud isn’t something I’d put past a club who have made so many poor decisions.

Nah, it’s not him. A lifelong clyde fan who has made plenty money and wants to chuck some our way is the rumours I’ve heard.

Whilst hitting the bottom of the league isn’t a welcome development it’s not quite panic stations yet. Forfar were as bad and in fact mostly worst than us yesterday and east fife and elgin are right there too. We need a new manager in the door asap and we desperately need it to be the right person. This season is a right off but we need to stay in this division and appoint someone who will hopefully build a far better squad from January onwards into next season. 

3 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

The "where's the money man" point is moot considering the transfer window is closed.  

Not moot at all…..currently there is absolutely no plan B…it’s a disaster. Simple as that. The club will be relegated before the “panic button” gets pressed. 

Plenty of games to play and plenty of time to sort it out. The only disaster is if we reach January with a manager who hasn't had enough time to look at and decide which of these effort-filled but ultimately talentless players he needs to shift, and line up some players to come in on as soon as that window opens. Time is running out.

3 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Plenty of games to play and plenty of time to sort it out. The only disaster is if we reach January with a manager who hasn't had enough time to look at and decide which of these effort-filled but ultimately talentless players he needs to shift, and line up some players to come in on as soon as that window opens. Time is running out.

The main problem is the board. We are going to trust them with another major decision and lets be honest their track record up until now has been atrocious and you would lose your job in any other walk of life but as you all know Gordon Thomson and his merry men are  survivors. Mick Kennedy is a name banded about and if he is our saviour lets be clear on a few facts, The highest level he has managed is the lowland league and he has only 5 months experience at that level and he had an enormous amount of money to spend on players and he inherited a good squad. Lets hope its someone else.

Time is up Gentlemen, we are Team 42, when is is the new manager being appointed, when is the decision on Crownpoint being announced. Those loyal fans who had the audacity to question/challenge the current custodians of our club and being lambasted for their interference at a crucial stage of negotiations with GDC and Investor!!... They did stand back and what progress has happened in the interim period, sfa and we are rock bottom. We have a interim Manager that is trying to get a tune out of a bunch of jobbers that are either inept, tactically clueless, and devoid of passion, grit and determination. I'd rather pick 11 Clyde supporters out of the stand to wear the famous jersey from here on in. 

17 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Whilst hitting the bottom of the league isn’t a welcome development it’s not quite panic stations yet. Forfar were as bad and in fact mostly worst than us yesterday and east fife and elgin are right there too. We need a new manager in the door asap and we desperately need it to be the right person. This season is a right off but we need to stay in this division and appoint someone who will hopefully build a far better squad from January onwards into next season. 

Panic stations will likely be at 5 o'clock on Saturday 2nd December depending on your results against East Fife, Jeanfield, and Elgin.

13 minutes ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

I'd rather pick 11 Clyde supporters out of the stand to wear the famous jersey from here on in. 

I'd go 4-4-2, here's my starters:

- The 'mon David Goodwillie' guy -

- Somehow still Ross Lyon - Guy in Clyde Hawaiian shirt - Other guy in Clyde Hawaiian shirt - Lubo Kenna -

- Phil Caplan - The boy that nearly biffed Ryan Frances at Stenny - Blair Malcolm - Curly haired skinny wideo -

- Me - Dougie Donnelly -

8 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I'd go 4-4-2, here's my starters:

- The 'mon David Goodwillie' guy -

- Somehow still Ross Lyon - Guy in Clyde Hawaiian shirt - Other guy in Clyde Hawaiian shirt - Lubo Kenna -

- Phil Caplan - The boy that nearly biffed Ryan Frances at Stenny - Blair Malcolm - Curly haired skinny wideo -

- Me - Dougie Donnelly -

The remarkable thing is I can picture all of these people except for the curly guy and yourself (assuming you’re not the real Brian Carrigan, in which case you would definitely get a game in my team…).

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The main problem is the board. We are going to trust them with another major decision and lets be honest their track record up until now has been atrocious and you would lose your job in any other walk of life but as you all know Gordon Thomson and his merry men are  survivors. Mick Kennedy is a name banded about and if he is our saviour lets be clear on a few facts, The highest level he has managed is the lowland league and he has only 5 months experience at that level and he had an enormous amount of money to spend on players and he inherited a good squad. Lets hope its someone else.

From what I'm hearing it looks like the board are about to make a (rare) good decision. Unsurprisingly and for reasons I outlined earlier, Mick isn't any part of that.

I'm as keen to bash the board as the next man but in the situation we're in we need to look forward not backwards and get decisions right. This is a start but now it's about moving the dross and attracting the right men, with no delay. As bad as things feel and as much as there is a pattern of incompetence we aren't the only team in this league in shambles and you only need look at others who have actually gone down to see how instability at the top can impact things on the park during crucial times.

If the rumour is right, new man in, positive buzz, new players come January (preferably 1st), get safe, get to the end of the season then address the issues at the top.