Clyde Season 23/24

37 minutes ago, Replays said:

The longer it goes without signing somebody the more I’m expecting another Page, McGrath, Jones etc day on the 31st.

We are used to that kind of shite.

But I think it's a different outlook now.

We're not even halfway through January, keep the faith !

On 12/01/2024 at 13:54, Walk Glasgow said:

You are entitled to your opinions - whether they be negative, negative or negative - but now that you have done so ad nauseum and nearly everyone is blocking you what is left for you to "achieve" here?  Surely there must be something or someone else that you have a genuine and meaningful passion for where you don't get up the nose of everyone you interact with.....or perhaps not...

Tell me what opinion you disagree with. That’s another game went by and no real ground gained to be honest. Do you think the club will  survive relegation.Be careful as if you answer me you won’t be popular with the mob.

Today's game highlighted more than anything the need for more signings for us to take that next step. Lightweight and wasteful in forward areas, still weak at full back and absolutely no cover in the middle of the park. It's worrying that we are getting into mid-January and there are only now rumours that targets are turning their nose up at us. The good news is we now have two weeks to get things over the line before our next meaningful action, but the anxiety is definitely growing.

55 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Today's game highlighted more than anything the need for more signings for us to take that next step. Lightweight and wasteful in forward areas, still weak at full back and absolutely no cover in the middle of the park. It's worrying that we are getting into mid-January and there are only now rumours that targets are turning their nose up at us. The good news is we now have two weeks to get things over the line before our next meaningful action, but the anxiety is definitely growing.

Going down quicker than a tai hooker.

If we are interested in taking back Jordan Allan on loan (which to me is a no brainer) then yesterday’s Falkirk performance will surely have increased that possibility.

They gave a bunch of squad players a run out and he was one of 5 players hooked at half time. With them signing Shanley recently too it seems Allan could be surplus to requirements.

Looking at the team for the cup game

Leighfield

Howie P. Grant Dunachie

Lyon Hynes Grant L. Scullion Stevenson

Young Rennie

Bench Parry Sula(Injured atm) Carsewell Leslie Cameron C. Scullion

Barry will probably miss this one and any signings made will most likely be cup tied. 

9 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Mccall saying on radio he is speaking to jim goodwin for a dundee united player any thoughts on who this could be?

Flynn Duffy would be my uneducated guess. Left-back who’s had loan spells at Peterhead and latterly Stirling. 

1 hour ago, Replays said:

Flynn Duffy would be my uneducated guess. Left-back who’s had loan spells at Peterhead and latterly Stirling. 

Could be Declan Glass who McCall had at Thistle on loan. Unfortunately got a bad injury before kicking a ball.

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Hearing Zanatta knocked us back for a return to canada

From a diff source been told from accies person he is fast, skilful but lazy and picks and chooses his games.. 

Think thats around 5 who have knocked us back...

League position no doubt huge part to play

Yeah. Zanatta was like that with us. Started with a bang then faded into a lazy nothing player and got punted.

Edited by Highlandmagar

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Think thats around 5 who have knocked us back...

League position no doubt huge part to play

Most players will look and see we are bottom of L2 and do they really want to risk coming to us and get relegated

I would be the same in their position

3 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Most players will look and see we are bottom of L2 and do they really want to risk coming to us and get relegated

I would be the same in their position

I agree, although at the fans Q&A part of the discussion was exactly that. Basically what was said was that any contract would reflect the danger of relegation allowing the player to leave and contract ended if the Unthinkable happened. 

Protecting both parties.