Clyde Season 23/24

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Apart from his baggage which has already done our reputation enough damage you’re talking about a guy who is almost 35 and hasn’t played a game of football in 2 years. I get that he is still the poster boy for simpletons but it’s time to move on surely.

3 hours ago, Clyde1235 said:

Has been playing regularly at a team called glasgow united i think and understand we need to move on from him but i would take the reputation hit if it was the difference between us being a league club or junior's. I have zero doubt he would still score at least 10 goals before end of season if signed today

He is playing with Glasgow United

Had scored 19 goals at the end December.  

Top scorer in that league (think the next best was on 13)

21 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

He is playing with Glasgow United

Had scored 19 goals at the end December.  

Top scorer in that league (think the next best was on 13)

That’s nice, it’s essentially a pub league though so not sure why it’s relevant. 

We don’t need Goodwillie back. We need a keeper that’s not as much use as one legged man in an arse kicking competition. We’ve had some pish keepers over the years but Leighfield is right up there. Amateur stuff for the Elgin winner last night.

Amazingly, I’m not resigned to finishing 10th and have some optimism left but it’s getting less and less every week.

We still have more than enough winnable games at home against Elgin(1 point away from home all season), Forfar and Stranraer and also the latter 2 away which are very winnable. 

Elgin's home form is the reason they are not cut adrift below us.  Tuesday night was poor, but it is "only" 7 points and there has been more than enough improvement since McCall came in that we can still get out of this mess.

Previously after a defeat I expected only a negative response, I don't feel that as prominently now.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got a result on Saturday.  

Edited by Glorious Purpose

We haven’t had a quality full back in about 5 year and we have a keeper that is throwing goals in at the moment but the solution is apparently to sign a near 35 year old striker from the 9th tier of Scottish football who would bury the club and any chance of a new home

Gammon gunna gammon man

Edited by Ocelot1877

22 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

To add to my continued annoyance about the situation, Joe Bevan has joined Burnley from Albion Rovers for an undisclosed fee. Brilliant that we turned him down and signed Euan Cameron instead. 

Aye but could he do it on a cold rainy night away against Lesmahagow

Edited by Ocelot1877

2 hours ago, Glorious Purpose said:

We still have more than enough winnable games at home against Elgin(1 point away from home all season), Forfar and Stranraer and also the latter 2 away which are very winnable. 

Elgin's home form is the reason they are not cut adrift below us.  Tuesday night was poor, but it is "only" 7 points and there has been more than enough improvement since McCall came in that we can still get out of this mess.

Previously after a defeat I expected only a negative response, I don't feel that as prominently now.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got a result on Saturday.  

Time will tell but I think it is fair to say Elgin have strengthened their squad in January and I would be fairly optimistic that we will pick up a few more points away from home. I have said before I don’t think Clyde will finish bottom but you need to start picking up points soon and not let the gap drift for much longer.

46 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Not fussed about Carswell leaving, use the wage on a right back or goalkeeper please. 

I remember some rocket on the Aberdeen cup thread claiming he was one of our best players 🤣