Clyde Season 23/24

33 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

I don’t think the LL would be any worse than what you’re watching just now.

In terms of what we had as a team in the first half no, but the league in general is better. There’s some utter guff in that lowland league. 

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

That is one of the strangest questions ive seen on here ever

People stayed Clyde supporters when they were relegated from the Championship and league 1, its not England with the fake tourist fans from Asia who only support a team in the Premier League.

The clubs issue is not having a home, without that there is no hope of getting any new fans in Hamilton and like many organisations such as a church the members (supporters) can only be getting older and passing away so the support will fall to a point that the club in its present form cannot exist.

It was obvious from the outside that trying to sign quality from the bottom of the league would be hard but i still think at this stage what you have signed should be enough to get you to 8th or 9th. You should then have a seasons grace as Edinburgh City will be club 42 next season if they keep to the promise of living within their means . 

Getting past this season is the understandable priority but after May there has to be a push to get back to Glasgow , even in a rented ground and put down some roots again or some of the profits of doom on here will be correct.

They could maybe use some of those profits to buy a decent 'keeper...

One of the problems with these forums is that people judge everyone by their own standards and their own motivations. 

We all go to football on a Saturday for different reasons.

We all go with varying levels of interest and excitement (foreboding).

We all go with varying levels of concern about the cost.

We all started at different points in a club's history - was your first Clyde striker Harry Hood or Robert Jones - the answer determines the drop off in quality you have witnessed.

We all have varying levels of calls on our time with family etc.

All of the above means we all have varying points at which we will decide enough is enough. 

No one should be critcised for making that decision at a time that suits them.

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

I’m not comparing anything, I am saying exactly what you are saying the standard is even worse

My brother, you literally said “only a step up from the amateurs” - which is both literally and figuratively incorrect

3 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

If we are relegated I’m out.

i couldn’t stomach the thought of our once great club having players and playing against players who are only a step up from amateurs. Can anyone imagine watching players that are even worse than the jobbers we have already been watching in the 1st half of this season, it’s not for me, sorry.

"They can take our league place, but they'll  never take our delusions of grandeur!"

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Each to their own, if anyone wants to continue watching dross fair play to them. Don’t try and play up the lowland league, the quality in league 2 is bad enough nevermind the fcuking LL.

Why not go and support Rangers or Celtic? Nobody supports a lower league team for the standard of football. 

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Having played in both, I can tell you that the difference is huge. You can tell that even just by watching. The fact you're comparing the two means you don't understand.

No one is talking up the Lowland League. It's a big drop off, and embarrassing - but we deserve it if we go down. Unfortunately I've been a Clyde fan all my life and this has been coming for us since the pyramid opened up.

Since I chucked playing on Saturdays there aren't many games I've missed by choice, but I agree that I wouldn't be going to the B team games. I'd rather buy my tickets individually and put money into the club via another route.

That may have been your experience some years back but you are miles off if you think the gulf is huge anymore between the poor teams in league 2 and the better ones in the LL.

Spartans and Bonnyrigg have proven that by comfortably existing in League 2 without massive personnel changes at the time they came up.  

On the flip side, Albion Rovers came down with some of the squad from last year and have struggled for the most part. Cowdenbeath even more so the year before, though we had a completely new squad thrown together haphazardly so slightly different from Rovers.

If you guys come down (and I still believe you could get out from 10th) with that attitude you will be in for a massive shock. 

If you do come down and have someone willing to chuck huge amounts at it (the parachute payment won’t go all that far) in the first season in the LL you might stand a chance of getting out again quickly, I wouldn’t bet on it.

Edited by Cowdenleith

6 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Don’t think anyone would stop supporting, but crowds would go down dramatically. The thought of going to watch Gala Fairydean and Civil Service Strollers etc is bad enough. 

Gala is a bloody great away day 😀

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think you'll find that hasn't happened with any of the clubs that have been relegated out of the SPFL so far.

That doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen to us. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

"They can take our league place, but they'll  never take our delusions of grandeur!"

Nothing to do with delusions of grandeur, if we are relegated from the league it will be because we deserved it, that is just the way it is and I don’t believe we have a god given right never to be demoted to the LL, all I am saying is I will have reached my breaking point if that happens.

Just now, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Afaic the LL is below the 4 senior leagues.

I know that’s what you think. I’m telling you that you’re simply incorrect. There’s 4 national league, and a load of regional divisions below them. All of those a senior leagues.

For what it’s worth, I completely understand (and frankly support) not wanting to watch the B teams, and I get the lack of enthusiasm to play university sides too, but to chuck it unless Clyde remain at the exalted level of Scottish league two? Laughable. 

Clyde were no longer a credible football club when they decanted from Shawfield and became itinerants without a ground. 

By any generous definition, that period well and truly ended when they spread their arsecheeks under John 'Bomber' Brown to let a bunch of Rangers 'legends' play for them in a despicable Sash-bash. All to preserve a second tier status, an effort that was rightly punished with failure and a plummet through the divisions, never to return.

Choosing to ditch it now if you're decanted to the East Stirlingshire level that your club's non-existent business model has pushed you towards for decades is bizarre. You've missed the boat on any sort of dignified exit I'm afraid.