Clyde Season 23/24

4 minutes ago, David W said:

I'd love a goalkeeper.

FWIW, the past week has convinced me we need another midfield option as we struggle if Cuddihy or Grant is out.

Ding ding ding!

I believe this is the chap previously with the F at Montrose in which a case he was a good player in a good team. Would certainly be a strong addition, but will it be enough if we can’t keep the door shut at the back?

Edited by Ignoramus

Starting to build what looks like a decent team, get a competent goalkeeper and it’s not beyond us to finish 9th, and should we not manage it, we will go into the play off with a far better chance than we had a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure how to word this, but amazed hes had to drop to League Two for game time.

He should really stand out based on his time at Montrose. A good player who never got the Championship loan he needed to develop, and instead stagnated a bit and couldnt show he was a top flight starter before we changed manager and he got frozen out.

2 hours ago, David W said:

Anyone heard any #relocationrumours?

No, but I did see that Hamilton were looking to get NDP back off the current owner and install a grass pitch. No idea where that would leave their academy and women’s team let alone us. 

Edited by ScottR96

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if you signed Scott Fox, given that McCall knows him. That’s if he’s not packed it in already though. 

Is he a free agent? 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye I believe he left Cove in the summer and hasn’t had anything since - I’d imagine he’s still a better option than the current incumbent though. 

If he makes more than 1 save a game he’s better. 

I believe Maitland said there was more players coming in, including a goalkeeper. The only option I believe open to us now is players who are unattached, there could be some decent ones out there and it would make more sense for them to continue playing rather than not to win a deal or be in the shop window.

6 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

If he makes more than 1 save a game he’s better. 

Have to say Parry never put a foot wrong on Saturday and looked solid, maybe because he has a much better defence in front of him than he had previously, a lot  better than Leighfield but there is always the thought at the back of my mind he could make a blunder.

Parry doesn’t make the glaring mistakes that Leighfield has made especially lately but his issue is that he now gets beaten from shots into a corner especially from distance. Unfortunately just a sign his age and fitness he is unable to move his feet or anticipate the way he used to. Also will never now be effective coming off his line to clear a through ball, which is important nowadays. 

Edited by FREDDYFRY