Clyde Season 23/24

6 hours ago, MonTheClyde_MonTheBullyWee said:

Gordon Thomson resigns, leaving at the end of the season.

Thank fook for that, Jimmy Choo's wet dream finally comes to fruition. What the fook will he bump his gums about now is anyone's guess.

The calamity of losing twice to Bonnyrigg still irks me, especially with the difference the points swing would make now. They've won three games since October and definitely the team I fancy the chances of catching if I had to take a punt at it. 

Edited by PTR

1 hour ago, PTR said:

The calamity of losing twice to Bonnyrigg still irks me, especially with the difference the points swing would make now. They've won three games since October and definitely the team I fancy the chances of catching if I had to take a punt at it. 

Dropped points vs Stranraer have been the worst for me.

Olly McDonald took his goal well in our 1-0 loss but Peter Grant gifted him the chance. Then Ji Stevenson booting the ball out for a corner to them in Hamilton because he thought a foul had been awarded leading to a Stranraer goal in the 2-2 draw.

McDonald's goal was the last kick of the ball. That game should have ended 0-0. Stevenson's error was earlier in the game (and wouldn't have mattered anyway if we could defend corners) but, for talking's sake, let's say that goal doesn't go in and we win 2-1.  That's a 6 point swing from current positions.

Putting the butterfly effect to one side, we'd be 3 points clear of Stranraer with a GD 6 better if all other results remained the same. They'd have a game in hand, sure, but we'd still be 9th next Saturday unless something insane happened in their upcoming midweek game.

Great couple of results and if nothing else we are at least applying some heat to the teams above us now.

What is going on with attendance figures though. 701 I’ve seen quoted for yesterday but take a look at the stand in the highlights, I’m not buying it.

Similar when I seen the midweek Forfar game quoted as in the six hundreds, I was there and didn’t think it was anywhere near that.

Are we just counting all season ticket holders whether they turn up or not?

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Great couple of results and if nothing else we are at least applying some heat to the teams above us now.

What is going on with attendance figures though. 701 I’ve seen quoted for yesterday but take a look at the stand in the highlights, I’m not buying it.

Similar when I seen the midweek Forfar game quoted as in the six hundreds, I was there and didn’t think it was anywhere near that.

Are we just counting all season ticket holders whether they turn up or not?

I thought it looked quite busy yesterday. A lot of people in hospitality as well. It looked like Elgin brought a decent crowd with them too. 

26 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

I thought it looked quite busy yesterday. A lot of people in hospitality as well. It looked like Elgin brought a decent crowd with them too. 

Fair enough, maybe just doesn’t look as much spaced out in the stand.

Think Kinnear has made a difference since he came in, some really good saves and can deal with high balls better than the 2 others we had. Not sure if he could’ve saved the goal yesterday but also might’ve been unsighted. 

Hamilton was excellent yesterday, he’s been a quality addition since coming in. 

The performance was night and day from the one against Forfar a few weeks back, plenty of fight and dig that was missing that night. 

In case any Bully Wee fans have nothing to do on Tuesday evening you can watch the Stranraer v Dumbarton match on a live stream via the Stranraer website on match day.

Spoiler

It will not be for the purist.

So, if we have any luck, Stranraer lose to Dumbarton midweek. They then face a difficult trip to Peterhead this coming Saturday. Hopefully with that win against Elgin, we've started to shake this wee hoodoo where we can't beat our direct competition and we can beat Forfar on Saturday.

If that happens it leaves us even on points with Stranraer with a slightly better goal difference and depending on results elsewhere, potentially only two points off of Bonnyrigg and Elgin, with eight games to go.

Quite late to start showing signs of life but hopefully we can keep this momentum going. Lee Hamilton should be wrapped in cotton wool all week only to be unleashed at 3 pm on Saturdays.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

So, if we have any luck, Stranraer lose to Dumbarton midweek. They then face a difficult trip to Peterhead this coming Saturday. Hopefully with that win against Elgin, we've started to shake this wee hoodoo where we can't beat our direct competition and we can beat Forfar on Saturday.

If that happens it leaves us even on points with Stranraer with a slightly better goal difference and depending on results elsewhere, potentially only two points off of Bonnyrigg and Elgin, with eight games to go.

Quite late to start showing signs of life but hopefully we can keep this momentum going. Lee Hamilton should be wrapped in cotton wool all week only to be unleashed at 3 pm on Saturdays.

Can you get a bottle of whatever you're drinking sent to Mr Choo please?

I hope and pray that you're right, but we were out-played, out-though and out-muscled against Forfar at home 2 weeks ago.  J Allan back helps, but I'm not sure we have our midfied sortted and everyone else seems a downgrade from Howie in central defense. 

A lot of talk about Dumbarton's trip to Stranraer but Bonnyrigg losing to Spartans would be great as well. They're really struggling just now.