Clyde Season 23/24

9 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Honestly, who cares about Jimmy Choo. Mute him, mute his burners, mute any account you suspect may be a burner. He's literally just some silly auld dweeb who's starved of attention irl.

BAMO, Block And Move On, as Limmy would say.

You're still just aggressive and rude I notice. I am genuinely not Jimmy Choo, or a burner. Your paranoia is getting the better of you Sir.

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Have you defected completely to St Mirren, or are there any circumstances under which you would return to Clyde?

Let’s just say it is a big step in the right direction. I have always had a lot of time, and respect, for Allan Maitland. He’d be an excellent choice as chairman, if he is interested. 

3 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

If AlLan Maitland manages to turn things around and in a few years we make it to the dizzying heights of the Scottish Premiership, can we expect to see you back at Clyde games? 

I travelled home and away to support Clyde from as long ago as I can remember (mid 60’s), until 31st March 2017. I can recall even travelling to Shawfield on the bus from Easterhouse, on my own, in the depths of winter to see them lose to the likes of (with respect) Stranraer and Brechin. As you will gather, it has never been about which division they happen to be in. Good luck for the rest of the season and with recruiting more board members with the integrity that has been sadly lacking in recent times.

57 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I travelled home and away to support Clyde from as long ago as I can remember (mid 60’s), until 31st March 2017. I can recall even travelling to Shawfield on the bus from Easterhouse, on my own, in the depths of winter to see them lose to the likes of (with respect) Stranraer and Brechin. As you will gather, it has never been about which division they happen to be in. Good luck for the rest of the season and with recruiting more board members with the integrity that has been sadly lacking in recent times.

It's so hard to walk away from history like that, which is a problem I have been faced with but yet to overcome....been close.

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

Let’s just say it is a big step in the right direction. I have always had a lot of time, and respect, for Allan Maitland. He’d be an excellent choice as chairman, if he is interested. 

It appears he's been given carte blanche...can't imagine that happening previously......my worry is he is working closely with you know who.....which will never end well.

17 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

So you are recognising there is now a chance we won't be relegated. There always was of course but you were adamant we were 100% going to get relegated - long after McCall had arrived and basically signed a new squad I might add.

Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact you jumped down the throat of everyone and anyone who dared to entertain the chance, albeit extremely remote, of us escaping relegation. I think you owe us all an apology. 

I'm sorry and you know i genuinely mean it.

9 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

If we stay up ( and it's still in the balance due to the fixtures remaining) a big sigh of relief is in order and a massive thanks given to Allan Maitland. However we must not forget the culprits who put us in this position and told us even when most of us knew it wasn't the case that promotion was the aim .Allan Maitland spoke on Saturday about the fact Clyde should never have been in this position and promised changes in the summer on and off the park. Also sounds confident about a ground announcement. This guy shows everything we didn't get at the top before charisma ,character enthusiasm a business brain and a football mind. Everything that was lacking in a certain Chairman. We should be grateful for his presence.  No celebration from me if we stay up one of utter relief and a hope that lessons have been learned.  

I'm still hoping Ronnie has the appetite for one more challenge

So that's Scullion out for the rest of the season. Silly boy.

*Edited to say* Sorry, misread - so he's out for the next two fixtures but will be back for the East Fife and Elgin game providing he doesn't misbehave again.

Edited by RutherGlen

On 11/04/2024 at 10:16, Ocelot1877 said:

Hiya Jimmy, Hiya Pal

On 11/04/2024 at 07:21, Right turn Clyde said:

Problem, unless the CIC scrapped the directors are protected by the rules....vote in and vote out when their 3 year term up. Unless some of them suddenly develop a conscience at quite how awful they have been.

Re JC -  most of the fan base on here were willing to listen to the deluded Chairman telling us there was no panic, our aim is to achieve promotion to League 1 and we have a robust proposition and are very confident re Crown Point and have generally been swallowing the narrative for years whilst some who have been predicting this situation for years have been labelled by the Club as "malcontents" and in some cases even been banned from ownership.

JC has a confrontational delivery that's for sure, but he's not too far off the mark with 4 games to go with only a slightly better goals scored tally separating us from Stranraer on equal points.....he's not stupidly wrong with his predictions. I doubt as a Clyde supporter he's willing us to lose just to prove his point -he's as disgusted with the situation as I am and I feel sure he would not wish for us to start next season in the LL. However, it will be very interesting to see what structure changes AM is able to make for the next season. 

From what I hear and see, AM is Chairman now in all but name, whether it is made official shortly who knows.....but wholesale changes to the Board are required if this club is to progress, (having survived the drop hopefully) and I hope the anchors which have held back previous ambitious Chairmen are somehow removed at season end.

This has been my motivation since i started on this chat and that was to wake everyone up and force change. Its a pity some clowns on this chat cant understand how close we came to the abyss and its not over yet. apologies about the idiot that had a go at you and its best not to acknowledge my posts for your own sake but i appreciate you did.

3 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

This has been my motivation since i started on this chat and that was to wake everyone up and force change. Its a pity some clowns on this chat cant understand how close we came to the abyss and its not over yet. apologies about the idiot that had a go at you and its best not to acknowledge my posts for your own sake but i appreciate you did.

I acknowledge your posts when I agree... and I do quite often.......I hope AM realises how protected the cabal are by the CIC rules......oh and remind me who created those rules?  

Not so many "told you so" posts today, boys. Jimmy gets more accurate by the week but it's shoot the messenger as always.

Tell me about Maitland and all these changes, somebody. Why does he come in and boss everyone about, when anyone who criticised the club before AM was ignored or laughed at- clearly it was needed but why only him? It's not like the fans (as a main body) have lifted a finger in sorting out this mess, except to tell the ones who know the state of things to eff off. Going out with a whimper.

The Codorniu on ice I reckon.

Stenny won't be coming looking for revenge next week will they? Their professional pride not hurt by a 1-6 loss at home surely. Nah..."they've nothing to play for will be the cry".......this is going to the wire, I feel sure, and watch Forfar v Stranraer on the 27th ....nil-nil.

We are in serious trouble and it's been coming for years........and only this season (around Oct/Nov) we were assured by our Chairman there is no problem....our target is promotion and still is, bloody ludicrous statement.

Allan Maitland has some job on his hands.......player clear out, Board clear out and galvanise a very divided fan base and possibly doing it as the Lowland League's newest Club. Poor guy should be on the golf course enjoying life.

£100k chucked at the issue at Christmas and here we are with 3 games to go....bottom. 

"all to play for" was the quote from an insider last week after the win.........how right he is.........a proud history....that's all.

That was a horrid performance. The 1st half we failed to use the wind which meant it was always going to be an uphill battle. The game got summed up a second into the 2nd half when Dumbarton shot from kickoff using the wind. They were always going to score it’s a matter of time. We then got followed out by some Dumbarton kids singing Clyde are going down until a couple of words where shared to them by Clyde fans.

5 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

The Codorniu on ice I reckon.

Stenny won't be coming looking for revenge next week will they? Their professional pride not hurt by a 1-6 loss at home surely. Nah..."they've nothing to play for will be the cry".......this is going to the wire, I feel sure, and watch Forfar v Stranraer on the 27th ....nil-nil.

We are in serious trouble and it's been coming for years........and only this season (around Oct/Nov) we were assured by our Chairman there is no problem....our target is promotion and still is, bloody ludicrous statement.

Allan Maitland has some job on his hands.......player clear out, Board clear out and galvanise a very divided fan base and possibly doing it as the Lowland League's newest Club. Poor guy should be on the golf course enjoying life.

£100k chucked at the issue at Christmas and here we are with 3 games to go....bottom. 

"all to play for" was the quote from an insider last week after the win.........how right he is.........a proud history....that's all.

100k, is that right? To just look like a lower L2 team. Several players signed from higher leagues. Everyone was doing cartwheels last week as if that was it, done.

I've heard about these rousing speeches from AM. Fans love them, i hear. They're the ones with the votes, why haven't they gone to change it before now- did they shite it over the threats about Crown Point? AM cant just sack the ones he likes and even if he did would everyone be happy at losing their nice cuddly board pals/lackies that got us here.

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

That was a horrid performance. The 1st half we failed to use the wind which meant it was always going to be an uphill battle. The game got summed up a second into the 2nd half when Dumbarton shot from kickoff using the wind. They were always going to score it’s a matter of time. We then got followed out by some Dumbarton kids singing Clyde are going down until a couple of words where shared to them by Clyde fans.

Get on the phone to Humza. No place for that in a football ground, horrific.

Club's going to shit but wains singing- too far.

Todays game was a total lottery because of the wind, yes the other results weren’t ideal but after 1 small set back all the fannies come crawling out of the woodwork again. We’ve gone from 11 points behind to having a fighting chance of staying up. Give us peace FFS and get behind the team in the next two home games.