Clyde Season 23/24

Let’s get real for a brief moment. Mc call has came In and given us hope and to be fair clawed back an impossible position. Maitland with his proven track record rallies the troops and we all start believing it’s possible and some idiot on this chat talks about finishing mid table. We are going into a playoff as Stranraer have more bottle than us and if the unthinkable happens we are taking players who were give 2 year contracts into the lowland league with us. None of these big time Charlie players we have will want to play in that league and they will start negotiating payoffs.mc call will be the first of the titanic. We will then be in the same boat as Cowdenbeath Albion rovers east Stirling Berwick rangers who all found themselves in a league that without a huge budget you just can’t escape. It has been widely reported that East Kilbrides budget is north of £500k and now they have won the lowland league they play the winners of the highland league and then potentially play us. If when end up in the lowland league it will be trips to small stadiums with little to no fans and no home to call our own. all we have is a badge and some stories of how good we once were. It’s all pretty sad to be honest but we only have ourselves to blame.

6 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Let’s get real for a brief moment. Mc call has came In and given us hope and to be fair clawed back an impossible position. Maitland with his proven track record rallies the troops and we all start believing it’s possible and some idiot on this chat talks about finishing mid table. We are going into a playoff as Stranraer have more bottle than us and if the unthinkable happens we are taking players who were give 2 year contracts into the lowland league with us. None of these big time Charlie players we have will want to play in that league and they will start negotiating payoffs.mc call will be the first of the titanic. We will then be in the same boat as Cowdenbeath Albion rovers east Stirling Berwick rangers who all found themselves in a league that without a huge budget you just can’t escape. It has been widely reported that East Kilbrides budget is north of £500k and now they have won the lowland league they play the winners of the highland league and then potentially play us. If when end up in the lowland league it will be trips to small stadiums with little to no fans and no home to call our own. all we have is a badge and some stories of how good we once were. It’s all pretty sad to be honest but we only have ourselves to blame.

I agree with me........lol

We will have some professional pride to play for and try and avenge the 6-1 next week but it's as  good a fixture as Clyde can hope for at this stage.

Jamieson and Wedderburn out for the season and we are off the boil in general.

Add in East Fife and Elgin to come and Clyde have essentially 3 games against teams who will be playing for nothing and on their holidays.

Not that I'd trust McCall much as he has no idea what his best team is surely they can muster enough against 3 teams which should be on holiday?

The Bully Wee.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

We will have some professional pride to play for and try and avenge the 6-1 next week but it's as  good a fixture as Clyde can hope for at this stage.

Add in East Fife and Elgin to come and Clyde have essentially 3 games against teams who will be playing for nothing and on their holidays.

Not that I'd trust McCall much as he has no idea what his best team is surely they can muster enough against 3 teams which should be on holiday?

The Bully Wee.

Feel so much better now...what about players playing for a gig next season......very much doubt anyone on their holidays yet....don't buy into your theory, plus, Clyde appear to be hated in Scottish lower league football.....East Fife and Elgin will be out to beat us as I am sure your lot will be too.

For what it's worth you guys were resigned to playoffs a month or so ago but to still be in with a chance of surviving has been some turnaround , remaining fixtures are tough though as Stenny will be looking for some form of atonement for that humping you gave them , Dick will have EF pumped as usual except yesterday when I had them on my coupon 🤷‍♂️, think you'll take care of Elgin so anything from the other two games would be welcome I'm sure , anyway all the best as met a few good lads in the social club last year 

41 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The Bully Wee.

Interesting to hear DJ and Wedderburn are out. I think DJ is the best GK in the league and Wedderburn is the best player in the league

40 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Don’t want to trawl through multiple pages since I last read an update - any new news on where you’re looking for a stadium?

Last update was that we are continuing to look in the east end of Glasgow with some positive news in the summer before the start of next season. Since then our chairman has announced he is leaving in the summer weeks after getting re elected at the AGM, so I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one. 

The issues with the stadium is just one of many at the club and why we have been circling the drain. We put a lot of resource into the Crownpoint bid and we came up short, that resource was maybe better spent elsewhere. 

Hopefully with a chairman who is competent and not a complete wet blanket we can get our act together including a stadium of our own.

Coming out narrowly second best away to a team challenging for promotion and on a good run of form is a shame but hard to be overly critical. The Stranraer and, particularly, Bonnyrigg results need to put a rocket up the team though.

Spartans have been coasting for a bit but I wouldn't have seen them going there and playing keepball. Bonnyrigg have also kicked off "mad results in the run in" season.

Our 3 remaining fixtures are winnable. Neilly has covered Stenny, a chunk of their spine missing is welcome for us (though hopefully nothing too serious for the players). East Fife will probably be bolted into 5th by the time we play them too and, hopefully, that's the new manager bubble burst by Bonnyrigg. Elgin will either be playing for 6th/7th at most by game 36. Our record outside the central belt is utterly atrocious this season, most of the performances have been too tbh. You'd hope that would change given what will be on the line.

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Don’t want to trawl through multiple pages since I last read an update - any new news on where you’re looking for a stadium?

Not a Clyde fan but iirc the site being looked at is the Glen Conner playing fields in Royston

I think Glenconnor was “looked at” but that was months ago, I’d imagine if anything was coming from there we would have heard by now.

Certainly one of the Associate Directors updates pretty regularly on official forum and looks like he answers questions quite freely. He has not mentioned Glenconnor for some time,  only that they have a few sites in mind still. Suppose they can’t go public on those?