Clyde Season 23/24

10 hours ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

Never mind the EuroMillions, been a regular contributor to the Clyde Lottery for years without winning feck all, even for at least 3 numbers, just those and such as those pick up a minor wins😉, thats what happens when your black balled🤫!!..... If I did manage a win the £20k (4 numbers) I would sink the money back into the club and call it Johnny Worm Stand also 🫢 or the Allan Maitland Saviour Stand

Not to worry, your contributions are what paid Neil Watt back the sneaky loan the Club took from him

Lee Hamilton thoroughly deserves PotY. Not many candidates to be honest; maybe only Scullion in the conversation from the first half of the season, and even then he was injured for a long period.

Even just his attitude has made a massive difference.

Jordan Allan could’ve been considered as he’s scored a decent amount since coming back. 

Kinnear has made a difference since signing, he must give the back 4 so much more confidence. Especially from high balls, he’s regularly out taking them or at least punching them away well. Somewhat of a novelty for our goalkeeper in recent years!

7 hours ago, David W said:

Lee Hamilton thoroughly deserves PotY.

Yeah agree.

Allan a close second, 8 goals in 15 games for a club who have been bottom of L2 for the majority of his time here is a good return.

Liam Scullion has improved so much and deserves a wee mention.

Brian Kinnear is one who’s had a profound effect on the second half of our season. He’s made some really important saves and the difference between him and Leighfield is night and day.

19 hours ago, David W said:

Lee Hamilton thoroughly deserves PotY. Not many candidates to be honest; maybe only Scullion in the conversation from the first half of the season, and even then he was injured for a long period.

Delighted to read this, cracking lad and a cracking player. Glad to hear he is getting some recognition

Fitting though embarassing that Lee Hamilton is our player of the year in that it demonstrates how much shite we've had to put up with for the rest of the season. Agree with the praise of Kinnear too, especially if you recall the weekly disasterclasses we were subject to before his arrival. 

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Delighted to read this, cracking lad and a cracking player. Glad to hear he is getting some recognition

still gutted we didn't get him back. still think he'd improve our defence. 

27 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

still gutted we didn't get him back. still think he'd improve our defence. 

Would say he is very capable of being in league 1, assume we’ve gave him a good deal to come down to us. 

17 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i think he's a solid league one player all day. 

Agree. As good a season as Gregor Buchanan has had, I think Lee Hamilton is a much more reliable option at League 1 level and as such I think he would be a very good signing for the Warriors (not that I want it to happen). Buchanan has obviously earned the right to have another crack at League 1 but you have to maybe assume that Naysmith will be acutely aware of his previous struggles at that level and look to bolster.

He signed an 18-month contract, but I wonder if there is a relegation clause built into the deal.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

He signed an 18-month contract, but I wonder if there is a relegation clause built into the deal.

2 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Pretty sure he signed an 18 month deal.

Yes

I doubt he would command a large fee, but even a small fee would block most SPFL teams from buying him. You would have to assume that he knew the risks associated with signing for club 42 and you also have to assume he has no interest in playing in the LL. I would suspect there's a break clause in the deal which would allow him to leave on a free (or for a vastly reduced fee) should we go down.

On 28/04/2024 at 12:34, David W said:

who got goal of the session??