Clyde Season 23/24

Well done chaps - I'll confess that it might have been funny to see you go down but I can't be particularly bothered with EK and I didn't really think you'd finish bottom. I have a sneaky feeling you might well be in the hunt for promotion next season having had a scare this season.

Hopefully you can get a ground sorted out too in future.

And you can maybe also say a small thank you to the previous Edinburgh City board being a bunch of cnuts meaning we had to free Lee Hamilton...

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Well done chaps - I'll confess that it might have been funny to see you go down but I can't be particularly bothered with EK and I didn't really think you'd finish bottom. I have a sneaky feeling you might well be in the hunt for promotion next season having had a scare this season.

Hopefully you can get a ground sorted out too in future.

And you can maybe also say a small thank you to the previous Edinburgh City board being a bunch of cnuts meaning we had to free Lee Hamilton...

He could possibly be player of the season for both clubs. 

Not a popular opinion, I know, but I can't stand Stranraer and never could and would have hoped whoever they got in the play-off would pump them and relegate them and I'm not going to change my mind cause it's EK.  Can't stand Stranraer fans or their ground and don't have any sympathy for their 4th-oldest-club-in-Scotland status : they've done naff all in their entire history.

EK are pissing people off because (a) money has been pumped into them and (b) their management team are twats.  Is that it?

Lots of auld Clyde fans shunted out of Glasgow in the '60's ended their days there and some if their offspring followed the Clyde. Met many people over the years from EK who had a soft spot for Clyde and only ever wished us well. At least if they do come up it might put to bed (once and for all) the chance of us ever relocating to EK and changing our name.

11 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Jimmy Choo:  we "marked your words" as you requested.  Where did it all go wrong for you and  what advice can you give us for next season?

Such a relief to have survived and now the hard work for Allan Maitland begins. Your crowing over what JC has been saying and predicting all season is misplaced.

He was a lot more accurate than most....survived by 2 points in the worst league 2 for many a season......while most sat back silently whilst the inept Board appointed a house brick as manager and a failed manager as sporting director......Allan Maitland and his input is what stopped us going out the cup to 2 pub teams and being confirmed as 10th in League by February....JC was not far wrong and although everyone should be mightily relieved...it's nothing to celebrate until we see Maitland empty that Boardroom and build a squad capabale of winning league 2.....after all, we have the money man now.

The Alexander years are over, he failed...he took us back to 8 years ago.....and don't think for one minute just because he's not officially been on the Board he's not been controlling things.

The new side since January, if you started the league again, despite a few poor results, won the second half of the season...that's how utterly dreadful the start was down to Thomson's ludicrous decision making.

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

He was a lot more accurate than most....survived by 2 points in the worst league 2 for many a season......

This is just a mile out. This season has been nowhere near the worst league 2. Not even close.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 420 said:

Not a popular opinion, I know, but I can't stand Stranraer and never could and would have hoped whoever they got in the play-off would pump them and relegate them and I'm not going to change my mind cause it's EK.  Can't stand Stranraer fans or their ground and don't have any sympathy for their 4th-oldest-club-in-Scotland status : they've done naff all in their entire history.

EK are pissing people off because (a) money has been pumped into them and (b) their management team are twats.  Is that it?

Lots of auld Clyde fans shunted out of Glasgow in the '60's ended their days there and some if their offspring followed the Clyde. Met many people over the years from EK who had a soft spot for Clyde and only ever wished us well. At least if they do come up it might put to bed (once and for all) the chance of us ever relocating to EK and changing our name.

Why can't you stand Stranraer? Their ground. Have you seen EKs :lol:

Edited by The Moonster

8 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’d like to think that got put to bed years ago.

Me too but, since the idea has been proposed on more than one occasion since the 1960's, I wouldn't bet on it not coming up again in future especially if our big announcement to come this summer regarding a ground of our own turns out to be the usual pie-in-the-sky nonsense we've heard before (Glencairn, Shettleston, EK, Crownpoint etc). EK coming up would put paid to that notion as the town would have its team in the top four leagues and there'd be no desire from the EK residents for us (not that there was some huge demand anyway) and no hankering from us to go there either. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why can't you stand Stranraer? Their ground. Have you seen EKs :lol:

Stair Park itself is OK and it would be a bit hollow of me to be too critical of any stadium (including K-Park) since we have zero stadium and - as yet - zero prospect of one. Who knows? Maybe we'll be getting our own crappy wee K-Park (if we're lucky) that we have to build up over time or maybe we're there, cap-in-hand, begging to share EK's in a couple of years. Stranger things have happened (never thought I'd see us encamped at the home of our bitter rivals, PTFC, but we were).

I don't like the trip to Stranraer, don't like the town and have never liked their mouthy fans who never travel. If Stranraer win their play-off, fair play to them and I'll not shed a tear for EK and similarly won't be jumping for joy if Stranraer go down but I'll allow myself a quick smile then get back to fretting about our own future off and on our landlords park.

3 minutes ago, 420 said:

Stair Park itself is OK and it would be a bit hollow of me to be too critical of any stadium (including K-Park) since we have zero stadium and - as yet - zero prospect of one. Who knows? Maybe we'll be getting our own crappy wee K-Park (if we're lucky) that we have to build up over time or maybe we're there, cap-in-hand, begging to share EK's in a couple of years. Stranger things have happened (never thought I'd see us encamped at the home of our bitter rivals, PTFC, but we were).

I don't like the trip to Stranraer, don't like the town and have never liked their mouthy fans who never travel. If Stranraer win their play-off, fair play to them and I'll not shed a tear for EK and similarly won't be jumping for joy if Stranraer go down but I'll allow myself a quick smile then get back to fretting about our own future off and on our landlords park.

EK don't have any fans and instead have two mouthy managers on top of their shit ground in a public park. They bring absolutely nothing to the league. 

Stair park is absolutely fine 🤣, a proper wee football ground. EK have a glorified 5s cage!

I’d much rather Stranraer survive as EK are a bankrolled vanity project with a couple of bellends at the helm.

52 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

EK don't have any fans and instead have two mouthy managers on top of their shit ground in a public park. They bring absolutely nothing to the league. 

Is that genuinely the case? What sort of crowds do they get? I saw their title winning celebrations and you'd get a better atmosphere in a church. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Is that genuinely the case? What sort of crowds do they get? I saw their title winning celebrations and you'd get a better atmosphere in a church. 

About 10 guys and a dug then a band of old firm da's that follow Si Ferry and the open goal circus about foaming at the mouth. Would be an absolute shiye addition to the SPFL

Edited by bullyweehutch

28 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

They averaged around half of what Linlithgow Rose do, despite coming from a much larger town and steamrollering the league old firm style. 

Some 7 months ago I watched on in despair as I saw my wonderful club in turmoil. I was deeply disturbed by League Two’s finest supporters turning against one and other. It was clear for all to see that Clyde had lost a sense of unity. The division was visible, the air we shared toxic. But it was not the time for panic, anger or blame. It was the time for action.

On a pathway to doom, I knew that I had to step in and bring unity to this fantastic football club.

On August 18th 2023, it thereby became my job to carefully craft the kind of universally-hated roaster that could bring The Bully Wee together once more - a figure to focus minds and to get people on the same side. Jimmy Choo on steroids. With that, wee man the jackass was born; a smarmy, pompous, arrogant and abrasive figure who would waste no time in showing himself to be a repugnant individual. 

Having quickly gained credibility by landing a scoop on the impending arrival of Ian McCall, wee man settled in and showed he was a quick learner, soon developing to use punctuation and capitals, and even finding his now trademark thumbs up emoji :thumsup2 Of course, he couldn’t resist but indulge in a bit of low-quality Stenny and Cowden baiting here and there, but old habits die hard.

I am pleased to today confirm that the mission has been a complete success. Over an insufferable six months, wee man’s presence has undeniably brought with it a total shift in fortunes for The Bully Wee, as well as an end to the petty arguments which plagued the club earlier in the season. By the season’s end, all could agree that with Maitland and McCall the Clyde would ball, and that with wee man the jackass on mute, Stranraer would get the boot.

But now, with my work done, I must bid thee all farewell from the beaches of sunny Greece and slip away into the night. It has been my pleasure to safeguard the future of Clyde FC. Know that if needed, I will always find new ways to protect the club again - and shield it from the fate of jobbing non-entities like Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Cowdenbeath, East Stirlingshire and soon, Stranraer. Today, I am raising a Clyde coloured beverage to The Bully Wee.

I do however want to leave my fellow supporters with one final parting gift. As a man close to the club I have my sources, demonstrated perfectly when I got the big McCall right. I am thereby pleased to confirm that Clyde have moved to bolster their forward ranks with the pre-contract signature of former hitman, Craig O’Reilly. I am sure we can all agree that this is a magnificent move, and all look forward to seeing big Craig in a Clyde top once again next year.

Love you always,
Wee man the jackass x

PXL_20240505_095827247~2.jpg