Clyde Season 23/24

Dumbarton got a good few in early, but other than that I don’t think I’ve seen anyone bring a lot in. 

Think it’s Johnstone Burgh Dorrans signed for who must have a bit of backing, St Cadocs obviously have it as well. The money being thrown about that level is ridiculous in relation to where they are in the pyramid, and not sure it yields the interest they’d hope for. 

I think we’ll need to use the loan market well this summer because of the above. On loans, I saw Ewan Otoo has moved to Dunfermline permanently, pleased to see him get a good move as he was good with us. 

On 22/06/2023 at 09:34, Jan Vojáček said:

I've done the summer/winter transfer threads for probably about the last six seasons now, and I can never remember a summer as slow as this one

Worth noting that even taking the generally slow League 2 business into account, according to Narey's Toepoker Clyde have the joint highest outgoings (15, along with Peterhead) and the third fewest incomings (3, only Elgin and East Fife have fewer) in L2.

Add to that the apparent sponsored silence from the club, and the place is just dry as a fucking bone. Grim indeed.

Not too displeased with that. I felt he came onto a game in League One last season and at only 19 he should hopefully have a high ceiling. However, I do think it’s a solid mid-table type signing rather than a promotion chasing one.

I wonder if we’re considering our defence pretty much done? Possibly depends on where we’re going to play Carswell.

We desperately needed any body at LB and he filled in OK there last season so that’s a decent pick up. We need forwards and some pace/guile in this team pronto tho.

The real test comes now however, the resignings and the Duffyite signatures are now complete. How we fill the rest of this squad will determine where this season heads. If we’re hoping it’s this and five/six jobbers from the exit trials, then buckle up.

Edited by Ignoramus

18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Leighfield looked fairly solid whenever I saw him last year. A bit dodgy at cross balls, but a fairly reasonable, run of the mill League Two keeper. I'd imagine he'll be absolutely fine for you guys.

Parry has signed on again after initially being released - Do you think with what you seen last season that Leighfield will be coming in as No. 1?