Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Walk Glasgow said:

I just tracked the 2nd half on Bet365 and it was glaringly obvious the goal was coming.....and it looked like Elgin didn't even need to close shop as we did SFA to retrieve things. Players just not turning up with so much at stake is sickening.

I know he is usually one of our better players but should Cuddihy have been kept on given his persistent absences through injury?

Exactly the point I made about Cuddihy last summer and got shot down in flames for it

Any chance we could spend tomorrow using the mystery benefactor's millions to snap up the better half of the East Kilbride squad? Leave them enough to get over the line but weak enough to allow us to pump them in the inevitable relegation playoff.

When we were in this position before, we had DGW save the sinking ship. I reckon this is us getting what we dodged that time…

Previously when signing players we cherry picked at the junior ranks or teams that were in and around our position. Always remember signing Ian Harty when he was smashing them in for Stranraer. I suppose being part time club and working with players’ life commitments are where we lose out. 

looking at what we have, I’d be happy with a stand out keeper and from there I believe we can claw back. I think if you’re taking points off a team away from home that are potentially 3rd with games in hand, then there is hope.

Elgin midweek when majority of these boys have jobs and families, I don’t expect the energy and focus to be high. But they have to be higher than that dropped ball for Elgin goal…

Anyways, I believe especially with Maitland / McCall past record.

Really poor performance tonight, probably summed up by the only response to going behind being a tame header from Rennie. There was nothing else and never any prospect of an equaliser. Back to constantly inviting pressure at the back and really poor decision making when trying to get out. Elgin pressed well, but there are times when you respond to that by just playing safe (for example when 1-1 in the second half of a must not lose game away from home against a direct rival). Nobody seemed to be steadying the ship and the winner wasn't a susprise at all when it came. The total lack of a response is concerning though.

Elgin just looked a better side, and on that showing it'll need to be someone else to be caught. Forfar?

I wasn't at Spartans, but that tonight was the first bad performance (I think) for a good few weeks. But it was really poor.

f**k it. On to Saturday.

Edited by DoingThe42

That’s absolutely pish from Leighfield last night, even as far back as Musselburgh he’s been making mistakes costing goals. The debates been had a few times, but genuinely no idea why he gets a game over Parry. Parry himself isn’t what he was but he wouldn’t make half the errors leighfield does. 

7 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

Any chance we could spend tomorrow using the mystery benefactor's millions to snap up the better half of the East Kilbride squad? Leave them enough to get over the line but weak enough to allow us to pump them in the inevitable relegation playoff.

we now need jazeus christ

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

That’s absolutely pish from Leighfield last night, even as far back as Musselburgh he’s been making mistakes costing goals. The debates been had a few times, but genuinely no idea why he gets a game over Parry. Parry himself isn’t what he was but he wouldn’t make half the errors leighfield does. 

As far back as his debut at Cove.

Parry at least has won us a point on opening day. Leighfield has contributed nothing positive.

I may be being slightly harsh here but I've watched Elgins first goal a few times and can't help but feel that Leighfield should've done better for that too. Angle could be misleading but just seems to me that that the ball is travelling towards goal so slowly and that he could adjust his feet quicker to get over and make a save rather than the hopeless outstretched dive. Second goal is inexcusable from any keeper. 

Hopefully something pops up in the goalkeeper department before the window shuts. Mullen or Mitchell would've been superb to get but circumstances obviously put paid to that. The talk on Leighfield actually seemed to calm down a bit recently with a steadier defence in front of him but you can't be making simple errors like that when we're in the position we are. 

Edited by CM.

I feel some are forgetting how bad Parry was before he was dropped.

He was flapping at almost every cross and cost us many goals.

Both aren't good enough.

If Leighfield still gets in the team before Parry it tells you a lot about McCall's opinion on the matter.

21 minutes ago, CM. said:

I may be being slightly harsh here but I've watched Elgins first goal a few times and can't help but feel that Leighfield should've done better for that too. Angle could be misleading but just seems to me that that the ball is travelling towards goal so slowly and that he could adjust his feet quicker to get over and make a save rather than the hopeless outstretched dive. Second goal is inexcusable from any keeper. 

Hopefully something pops up in the goalkeeper department before the window shuts. Mullen or Mitchell would've been superb to get but circumstances obviously put paid to that. The talk on Leighfield actually seemed to calm down a bit recently with a steadier defence in front of him but you can't be making simple errors like that when we're in the position we are. 

I thought he should have saved the first as well, but that's definitely more on Dunachie.

23 minutes ago, David W said:

I thought he should have saved the first as well, but that's definitely more on Dunachie.

If I recall correctly, we also had an opportunity to clear the ball before the cross came in

11 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Elgin and Forfar have picked up a point game

If they carry on that they will pick up another 16 so we need at least 23 points

Cant see us winning 8 games out of 15

We havent won 8 league games last season and this.

I don't think both Elgin and Forfar will pick up that many points.

The question is - how many are you going to get. Looking iffy for you.

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I feel some are forgetting how bad Parry was before he was dropped.

He was flapping at almost every cross and cost us many goals.

Both aren't good enough.

If Leighfield still gets in the team before Parry it tells you a lot about McCall's opinion on the matter.

I agree, both keepers are about equally poor in different ways. It’s been obvious that a decent keeper would have made a huge difference, not replacing them has been a monumental mistake on McCall’s part. 
Also continuing with Dunachie at RB is classic example of a player out of position doing ok for first couple of games. Long term it was a disaster waiting to happen. 

It is crystal clear that the club is going into the lowland league and the club is now  stuck with 18 month contracts and the manager will leave although i think he will get fired before the end of the season. i Have put this post up to allow all of you to direct your frustration towards me although i have called it right over the last 2 years. The board needs to go if there is any hope of getting out of this but i fear we have reached the point of no return. The lowland league standard is high and that is where we will be for many years to come.

36 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

It is crystal clear that the club is going into the lowland league and the club is now  stuck with 18 month contracts and the manager will leave although i think he will get fired before the end of the season. i Have put this post up to allow all of you to direct your frustration towards me although i have called it right over the last 2 years. The board needs to go if there is any hope of getting out of this but i fear we have reached the point of no return. The lowland league standard is high and that is where we will be for many years to come.

Didn’t see you posting after we beat Bonnyrigg, or drew with east fife or Spartans so was a certainty you’d be back out the closet today. 

If not a mountain then a very large hill to climb now but it's not over yet.

Turning draws to wins immediately is a must though. If we can do that consistently I think it's still very possible that we claw back at least one position. A new goalkeeper would help massively with that so I hope McCall is doing everything he can today to get that over the line.

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Don't see McCall being sacked. But, if you go to Lowland League he won't hang about.

59 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Didn’t see you posting after we beat Bonnyrigg, or drew with east fife or Spartans so was a certainty you’d be back out the closet today. 

you only have yourself to blame as gordon thomson needed removed from the board. If you read my posts i highlighted the problems and dangers but i got shot down in flames. The mob on this chat would be abusive towards me and then block my posts and then go into my profile and read them. The club is at the bottom of league 2 as a direct consequence of board decisions.