Clyde Season 23/24

28 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Don't go near Rangers for help. They were giving us a signed match ball but wanted us to pay for it.

We scraped through with that and as recently last Sumner we were in trouble.

Whilst we aren't out of the woods yet, things are healthier with The Jags Fojndation putting money in and £ 1 million investments from USA.

I don't mean to be sarcastic, but do you have enough if a community/ support to help save the club?

Regards McCall. He is done with football. We saw that at Thistle. With the budget and decent squad he had, he made a rat's of it. Hence he was dumped.

I have no confidence in having enough of anything to change things for the better at the club.

Now we can all agree the reason the club have been sliding towards semi professional football is down to Gordon Thomson. I think we could get ourselves out of this if he is removed as chairman. Do we all accept this and make no mistake about it  we are no match for East Kilbride or Brechin. Our only chance to keep our league status is to catch a team above us and it will only start to change with a competent chairman.

With significantly better players now at the club McCall has still managed just 1 win and we almost shat the bed in that game too.

Yes performances have improved but it’s points on the board we need. He was brought in to try and turn things around and since then the gap at the bottom has become a chasm.

Elgin have changed manager and a lot of their playing squad and seen an up turn in RESULTS, we haven’t.

We must be spending significantly more on the management team and players now but have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Time to stop giving McCall such an easy ride, yesterdays team selection was a shocker.

7 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

You conveniently overlooked the most serious two points

Clyde fans on 2 separate occasions being attacked

Whats your comments on them?

Personally doesn’t bother me what antics your players get up to.  Just raising them as was part of an overall bad atmosphere today.

Not my players, I was at the game though so thought I'd give some balance for those who weren't.

I didn't mention the other incidents because I didn't see them. I was in the main stand watching the ball when the first incident happened and hadn't left the ground yet by the time the afters happened. Can't give balance on something I didn't witness.

Shocking though. Should never be happening. I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrators are people who don't usually attend football matches and did so looking for trouble. I feel for the stewards in circumstances like this, likely volunteers or people on low wages. Having to get in amongst violence can't be nice.

46 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We are running out of weeks to say “We really need to start winning on Saturday”.

Very worrying times.

Unfortunately we ran out of weeks 2 weeks ago. We had to start winning probably from the Elgin game. Its too late now we are finishing bottom. This team will need title winning form to have hope and we can't win full stop. We've been rotten all season and at this point deserve to go down

Stranraer are awful and had been on horrendous form. We go down there in a must win game and lose in a more comprehensive manner than duffy and McLeans team of jobbers from the last visit. Not good enough and at this point we deserve to finish bottom.

Elgin away Stranraer away good backing players didn't respond. Play offs beckons what will change ? Nothing.  Their mentality is weak. Also dreadful team selections by McCall at 2 games in question.. Having my doubts about him as no visible improvement . I thought he was a good choice. But common denominator in all this is our inept dreadful Chairman who from keeping Danny Lennon on after Clydebank has made bad decision after bad decision. Yet incredibly he gets voted on partly mind by his veiled threats that the money man would pull out if he wasn't re elected. No visible evidence just Thomson's feeble words to save his skin.  Then tell us promotion is the aim and has every faith in Duffy despite fans saying otherwise.  Laziness in summer the major factor this season. May as well close the doors.  It's over.  

Any word on your board sorting out a permanent home stadium? Obviously you’re now staring down the barrel of relegation but I’d genuinely fear for the clubs future if your board haven’t sorted a new home out. Sad to see Shawfield sat there derelict. 

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any word on your board sorting out a permanent home stadium? Obviously you’re now staring down the barrel of relegation but I’d genuinely fear for the clubs future if your board haven’t sorted a new home out. Sad to see Shawfield sat there derelict. 

I think Thompson will get his wish and make us an amateur side so we can rent a pitch in a public park and unveil it as a huge success as we prepare to take on someone in the WOSFL 4th division 

Just out of curiosity, looking at how previous tenth placed teams have done in play-offs, as they're our only hope now:

2015 Montrose - 33 points - SAFE

2016 East Stirling - 32 points- DOWN

2017 Cowdenbeath - 35 points - SAFE

2018 Cowdenbeath - 22 points - SAFE

2019 Brechin - 33 points - DOWN

2020 Brechin - 0.63 points (average) - Playoffs cancelled 

2021 Brechin - 10 points (22 games) - DOWN

2022 Cowdenbeath - 29 points - DOWN

2023 Albion Rovers - 39 points - DOWN

Worryingly the trend seems to be that the fifth tier teams are getting better and have dominated the playoffs in recent years. Take some heart that even woeful Cowdenbeath stayed up in 2018 with what looks like a similar sort of points total that we may end up with.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Just out of curiosity, looking at how previous tenth placed teams have done in play-offs, as they're our only hope now:

2015 Montrose - 33 points - SAFE

2016 East Stirling - 32 points- DOWN

2017 Cowdenbeath - 35 points - SAFE

2018 Cowdenbeath - 22 points - SAFE

2019 Brechin - 33 points - DOWN

2020 Brechin - 0.63 points (average) - Playoffs cancelled 

2021 Brechin - 10 points (22 games) - DOWN

2022 Cowdenbeath - 29 points - DOWN

2023 Albion Rovers - 39 points - DOWN

Worryingly the trend seems to be that the fifth tier teams are getting better and have dominated the playoffs in recent years.

Of the three survival seasons, we were behind in the tie with 20 minutes left and needed a 35 yard wonder strike to win, Cowden beat an eight-man Cove first time round, and then squeaked past EK on pens. That voice you hear in the background is Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman warming up, probably.....

31 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Stadium plan 5.3 imminent.

Petition for the fat baldy weapon 'Ebbo' to be the one driving the bus with Parry, Lyons and Thompson on it. He's a complete weapon of a man who chased Lewis out the club who by that I wish the players had half the fight and passion of that boy

5 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Petition for the fat baldy weapon 'Ebbo' to be the one driving the bus with Parry, Lyons and Thompson on it. He's a complete weapon of a man who chased Lewis out the club who by that I wish the players had half the fight and passion of that boy

Also fought with fans shouting for Duffy to be sacked

Just watched the highlights, was there yesterday but didn’t realise how slow Parry was getting back into the goal for the second, Jeezy Peeps man, that was awful, almost in slow motion.

I hate to say it, but I really think we’re doomed, I cannot see us clawing back 10 points, and on current form Broomhill would scud us, let alone an EK or Brechin.  Genuinely terrifying to think we could go down.

the (highly stupid) optimistic side of me still thinks it could be possible to survive. We play Forfar twice who are now 10 points ahead of us. I know after yesterday it seems impossible to win a (must win) game of football. That would also mean we can’t lose against Dumbarton, stenny and looking to pick up 3 points against Elgin which now after writing that seems entirely impossible! Absolute dire situation to be in. I think I should take a leaf out of Jimmy Choo’s book and accept defeat.