Clyde Season 23/24

36 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

This isn't even remotely true. He's a month off of being 35 and hasn't played professional football in two years - absolutely mad to think that he could be dropped in to a relegation fight and make any sort of difference.

Are you trying to say he’s not better than Martin Rennie for example and wouldn’t chip in with a few goals between now and the end of the season if he was to re-sign?

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

The year is 2045. Clyde are bottom of the WOSFL 2 and ahead of a crucial relegation six pointer against St Rochs there are calls for 55 year old David Goodwillie to be brought back for one last dance.

Patreons on the owners forum and THE GLESGA BRANCH reminisce about what a gid laddie he was and how "eh wizny convicted in a criminal court but".

Clyde go on to lose the game 3-0 with Ross Lyon at fault for all three goals. 

The furious THE BULLY WEE faithful come online and continue their hate campaign against Ross Lyons - an innocent party who has never played for Clyde.

Only being at fault for 3 goals is a good days work by Ross Lyon’s standards.

There is absolutely no doubt that a 35 year old David Goodwillie would score goals in this league, he is much better player than Jordan Allan let alone Rennie, Young or in fact probably still any other striker in this league!
However, bringing him back would just be madness, not withstanding the awful publicity and negativity particularly given the situation we are already in. We could forget most, if not all the sponsorship let alone the relocation agenda. Whether that is with GGC or another location, we require buy in from local communities and foundation work to enable grant funding etc which is vital in any possible statism build. Unfortunately signing David Goodwillie would end all that, quite simple.

Note… I’m saying this as a supporter who loved watching him in his time with us… best player I’ve seen in a Clyde Jersey. Watching his 100 Clyde goals collection on you tube is both delightful and sad at the same time: 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

If a tree falls in the woods, would you just take your boring patter back to the Thistle thread or do they just make fun of you there too?

Its a genuine question. Seems,as if I have hit a raw nerve.

2 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

There is absolutely no doubt that a 35 year old David Goodwillie would score goals in this league, he is much better player than Jordan Allan let alone Rennie, Young or in fact probably still any other striker in this league!
However, bringing him back would just be madness, not withstanding the awful publicity and negativity particularly given the situation we are already in. We could forget most, if not all the sponsorship let alone the relocation agenda. Whether that is with GGC or another location, we require buy in from local communities and foundation work to enable grant funding etc which is vital in any possible statism build. Unfortunately signing David Goodwillie would end all that, quite simple.

Note… I’m saying this as a supporter who loved watching him in his time with us… best player I’ve seen in a Clyde Jersey. Watching his 100 Clyde goals collection on you tube is both delightful and sad at the same time: 

CixTNPUVlgaX.gif.6d15a4c9cf5dd353bb81dc4c880e55fe.gif.4ff7a1ef57bedd3768398e68994d5f55.gif

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

The year is 2045. Clyde are bottom of the WOSFL 2 and ahead of a crucial relegation six pointer against St Rochs there are calls for 55 year old David Goodwillie to be brought back for one last dance.

Patreons on the owners forum and THE GLESGA BRANCH reminisce about what a gid laddie he was and how "eh wizny convicted in a criminal court but".

Clyde go on to lose the game 3-0 with Ross Lyon at fault for all three goals. 

The furious THE BULLY WEE faithful come online and continue their hate campaign against Ross Lyons - an innocent party who has never played for Clyde.

St Rochs will never fall that far.

6 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Clyde love a sex pest.

It’s football heritage.

9 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

If a tree falls in the woods, would you just take your boring patter back to the Thistle thread or do they just make fun of you there too?

Let’s be honest Brian Carrigan is a complete idiot for even suggesting brining back DG.

There is no doubt he was an unbelievable player for us but bringing him back to Clyde caused us to lose our home at broadwood. It’s to big a risk and I do feel sorry for DG but he put himself in that position rightly or wrongly that’s for others to decide.

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

from now Ian to the end of season should be treatedc like a pre season. before the. most important play offs in history

Loads of trialists and a trip to the Isle of Man?

28 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Leighfield away, thank god. 

I wouldn't even bother putting Parry on the bench should the unthinkable happen and Kinnear is injured. Would be as well throwing a defender on as backup keeper or even the likes of bloody Rennie. At least he's a bit more mobile than Parry.

Edited by RutherGlen

2 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

from now Ian to the end of season should be treatedc like a pre season. before the. most important play offs in history

Alternatively we could win the next 2 games against a horribly out of form Dumbarton and a dreadful Forfar team to try and put some pressure on the teams above, whilst at the same time doubling our league wins for the season. 

32 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Leighfield away, thank god. 

He certainly went against the idea that "All goalkeepers should be good shotstoppers". Barely saved anything.

An absolute terrible goalkeeper. My highlight was the Musselburgh game when he casually left a shot which ended up smacking off the post.

8 minutes ago, David W said:

He certainly went against the idea that "All goalkeepers should be good shotstoppers". Barely saved anything.

An absolute terrible goalkeeper. My highlight was the Musselburgh game when he casually left a shot which ended up smacking off the post.

He must surely be the worst 1st choice goalkeeper we’ve had in the last 20 years? All the other terrible ones I can remember were generally 2nd choice. 

It’s also bonkers that he had the cheek to request a contract cancellation instead of being unceremoniously binned.

Edited by ScottR96