Clyde Season 23/24

1 minute ago, Brian Carrigan said:

You're vastly overestimating the effect you have on us. We don't care about you. I'm wearing a kimono. Relaxed. You're literally on the Clyde forum frothing and button mashing. We are not the same.

Frothing? Oh dear! Someone has left his brain behind somewhere. 

28 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Never bought on to the Thistle v Clyde rivalry ,always had a soft spot for Clyde and the old Shawfield Stadium but looks like the club is in a flaming tail spin right now .Hope you manage to pull it out the hat ,get back to Glasgow and survive in the Senior leagues .

No matter where Clyde end up next season, they'll still be in a senior league.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Highlandmagar is typing. Barely a minute since I replied to him. Sad. Obsessed. Literally can't stop himself. Sitting waiting for replies. A joke.

As I was on the whole forum and saw your answer it seemed to be only courteous to answer.

The real joke is how much you are rattled wearing your kimono.

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

As I was on the whole forum and saw your answer it seemed to be only courteous to answer.

The real joke is how much you are rattled wearing your kimono.

You're either completely devoid of self-awareness or just don't know what the word 'rattled' means, and that's fine!

3 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Are serious questions not being asked about McCall?

Considering the level of player he has as it disposal just now every time its a must win game his team has lost.

Perhaps his time as a manager is up. 

I've touched on it before but the guy is auld chippy paper.

Some of the starting teams he has been putting out there are head scratching to say the least. 

I also heard the post match audio after Forfar he as good as said the replacements for Allan and Howie were shit and not up to standard. Which will be true but you maybe want to keep all the lads onside when you are trying to galvanise a great escape.

4 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Are serious questions not being asked about McCall?

Considering the level of player he has as it disposal just now every time its a must win game his team has lost.

Perhaps his time as a manager is up. 

You could argue he’s doing an even worse job than Duffy and McLean (in terms of everything bar recruitment) given there is a significant improvement in playing personnel but very little improvement in results.

His comments post Forfar were odd in terms of a flatness about the team, surely it’s on him to have them pumped up for a relegation 6 pointer and the drop off in quality comment, whilst true isn’t great man management either.

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

No matter where Clyde end up next season, they'll still be in a senior league.

Hard to argue it being a proper senior league as long as B teams or shite like Open Goal Broomhill experiments go on. 

Whatever happened to the old mantra "we won't give up the fight till it's mathematically impossible" to avoid the play-offs? Doesn't anyone remember beating all the odds to survive relegation at Firhill in the late eiighties sending Killie down instead? Haven't stranger things happened in football history? Great escapes happen all the time and I can't believe the doomsday scenario predictors don't have a wee part of them that thinks we might just scrape by by either avoiding the play-offs entirely (admittedly, unlikely on current form) or win the play-off. Auld Mattha Gemmell said that it took a heart made in a foundry to support Clyde and he wasn't wrong and its not just the team that are being tested at the moment it's also the patience and resolve of the support.

We're no deid yet and I'm not giving up on that wee bit of logic (not hope) that tells me survival at this level is possible and should we beat the odds I'll raise a large glass to all these maggot fans of other clubs who are rubbing their manky hands at the prospect of our demise.

4 minutes ago, 420 said:

Whatever happened to the old mantra "we won't give up the fight till it's mathematically impossible" to avoid the play-offs? Doesn't anyone remember beating all the odds to survive relegation at Firhill in the late eiighties sending Killie down instead? Haven't stranger things happened in football history? Great escapes happen all the time and I can't believe the doomsday scenario predictors don't have a wee part of them that thinks we might just scrape by by either avoiding the play-offs entirely (admittedly, unlikely on current form) or win the play-off. Auld Mattha Gemmell said that it took a heart made in a foundry to support Clyde and he wasn't wrong and its not just the team that are being tested at the moment it's also the patience and resolve of the support.

We're no deid yet and I'm not giving up on that wee bit of logic (not hope) that tells me survival at this level is possible and should we beat the odds I'll raise a large glass to all these maggot fans of other clubs who are rubbing their manky hands at the prospect of our demise.

Hear, hear. I would be pretty much resigned to the fate of the Lowland League were it not for the potential safety net of the relegation playoff.

It is a significant factor in all of this and yet one which most seem to be writing off as a foregone conclusion. There are plenty of games between now and that potential playoff for McCall and the squad to find a system and starting 11 which works so I think it's important we get behind the team as much as possible for the run in. 

I don't know if the players are on a win bonus but if not, get that sorted pronto! As others have said, we cannot expect the players to care too much about the club or its history so any incentive for them to really bust a gut should be used. Can we use the Mystery Benefactor's millions to offer them an extra cash incentive to avoid last place? 

As I said before, I'm close to staying away myself but while there is a chance of avoiding last place I'm going to drag myself along. All I ask for is that the players give maximum effort, the strongest 11 are fielded and, most importantly, played in their correct positions. If we can refrain from hoofball that would also be much appreciated, particularly with the return of Jordan Allan.

I do understand why many may already have decided not to bother anymore this season but would urge all Clyde fans who are able to continue to attend while there's a chance of avoiding last place and give the team your backing. What is a football club without the fans? 

19 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Hear, hear. I would be pretty much resigned to the fate of the Lowland League were it not for the potential safety net of the relegation playoff.

It is a significant factor in all of this and yet one which most seem to be writing off as a foregone conclusion. There are plenty of games between now and that potential playoff for McCall and the squad to find a system and starting 11 which works so I think it's important we get behind the team as much as possible for the run in. 

I don't know if the players are on a win bonus but if not, get that sorted pronto! As others have said, we cannot expect the players to care too much about the club or its history so any incentive for them to really bust a gut should be used. Can we use the Mystery Benefactor's millions to offer them an extra cash incentive to avoid last place? 

As I said before, I'm close to staying away myself but while there is a chance of avoiding last place I'm going to drag myself along. All I ask for is that the players give maximum effort, the strongest 11 are fielded and, most importantly, played in their correct positions. If we can refrain from hoofball that would also be much appreciated, particularly with the return of Jordan Allan.

I do understand why many may already have decided not to bother anymore this season but would urge all Clyde fans who are able to continue to attend while there's a chance of avoiding last place and give the team your backing. What is a football club without the fans? 

I really feel it for you but while the same structure is in place things will continue to get worse.The next thing that happens is the club will languish in mid table of the lowland league at best. I admire your positive attitude but it’s too late for that. The club have let the fans down and the person who has caused all this is Gordon Thomson.

3 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I really feel it for you but while the same structure is in place things will continue to get worse.The next thing that happens is the club will languish in mid table of the lowland league at best. I admire your positive attitude but it’s too late for that. The club have let the fans down and the person who has caused all this is Gordon Thomson.

I'm all for a major restructuring of the club but it's too late in the season to do that right now. We need to see out this season with what we have as to change it up at this point would most likely just lead to even more instability and infighting. 

31 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I'm all for a major restructuring of the club but it's too late in the season to do that right now. We need to see out this season with what we have as to change it up at this point would most likely just lead to even more instability and infighting. 

I disagree although you do have a point but if a change was made it would give the full club a lift and that could make all the difference. We are getting no points on Saturday and the clubs above us will move further away. Gordon Thomson needs to be removed now for us to have any chance of getting out of the shit.

6 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I disagree although you do have a point but if a change was made it would give the full club a lift and that could make all the difference. We are getting no points on Saturday and the clubs above us will move further away. Gordon Thomson needs to be removed now for us to have any chance of getting out of the shit.

Removing Gordon Thompson as chairman tonight would make zero difference to the result this Saturday or any other result for the rest of this season. What exactly do you think would change between now and the end of the season were the chairman to go at this point? 

4 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Removing Gordon Thompson as chairman tonight would make zero difference to the result this Saturday or any other result for the rest of this season. What exactly do you think would change between now and the end of the season were the chairman to go at this point? 

@JIMMY CHOO's posts would be half their current size as he could no longer say "Gordon Thomson needs to go".