Clyde Season 23/24

2 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

mmmm....we are in serious trouble if we lose next week

Completely agree. As if you had offered me that we had a chance to get off the bottom this season a few weeks ago, I would’ve took it with pleasure. That 11pt gap wasn’t that long ago, so well done to AM.

31 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Completely agree. As if you had offered me that we had a chance to get off the bottom this season a few weeks ago, I would’ve took it with pleasure. That 11pt gap wasn’t that long ago, so well done to AM.

Hiya Gordon 4-1 loss and ur happy. Next time make it a bit more subtle 

4 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

I would have thought if Bonnyrigg had held on it would have been better. Then Stranraer wouldonly be 2 points ahead instead of 3. And you playing them next week.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

I would have thought if Bonnyrigg had held on it would have been better. Then Stranraer wouldonly be 2 points ahead instead of 3. And you playing them next week.

Win required anyway tho might be wrong but think if we wanted to go above we have to win by 2 so another negative conceding the late 4th today.

1 hour ago, Clyde1235 said:

I didn’t say I’m happy with our result, I said I was really happy with how other results went. Today was always going to be damage limitation and it was limited to 1pt and a chance of going off the bottom at home next week.

13 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I didn’t say I’m happy with our result, I said I was really happy with how other results went. Today was always going to be damage limitation and it was limited to 1pt and a chance of going off the bottom at home next week.

A friend who is close to the set up at Peterhead told me they were rubbish. Mcallister has chucked it (on the bench) and the team just not firing...so we concede two pens and give away at set pieces......the training diaries showing high tempo passing and running - all good with no-one clumping you to get the ball. Also all good on that surface.....Peterhead not stupid  - they knew we are shite on grass and heavy going at that - pitch massively watered pre game.

I think we sometimes forget we are playing teams that want the points rather than thinking they deserve the points.

Lose next week and I think thats it.

The manner of today is frustrating. They're a good team and it's a long trip so any points would have been very valuable but would have to be hard fought. We've then pitched up and handed a two goal lead straight to Peterhead.

Kabia getting himself sent off compounds matters but the Scullion issue shows no signs of resolution so we shouldn't (touch wood) be without a left winger for what is simply a must win game next week.

Hopefully the players can write this off and they've got errors out their systems ahead of playing Stranraer.

Does concern me though that any time we get in striking distance of 9th we shit the bed.

6 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

A friend who is close to the set up at Peterhead told me they were rubbish. Mcallister has chucked it (on the bench) and the team just not firing...so we concede two pens and give away at set pieces......the training diaries showing high tempo passing and running - all good with no-one clumping you to get the ball. Also all good on that surface.....Peterhead not stupid  - they knew we are shite on grass and heavy going at that - pitch massively watered pre game.

I think we sometimes forget we are playing teams that want the points rather than thinking they deserve the points.

Today was always going to be a tough ask when looking through fixtures left i had this one at best a point if we were lucky. Move on next week is all or nothing win and we have a fighting chance of survival if we don't i think its curtains

Just now, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Next week is an absolutely massive game, not only for our league survival hopes but for the future of the club in general. Need a MOTM performance from every player next Saturday. Can't afford to have any passengers.

Agreed they are as bad as it gets and if we cannot win we dont deserve to stay up

If you guys don't beat Stranraer next week then yous probably should pack up fitba all together. They were rotten today and the fact them and Bonyrigg are above you is beyond madness. Both teams today at stair park looked shit, especially up front. 

Surprised uncle Ian hasn't turned it around more for you. 

As an aside, how is the young lad from Killie getting on? He looked great in your televised game when he got MOTM (iirc) 

1 hour ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Is that the same Rory McAllistar who at 37 is being used sensably when needed ( today with Shanks being carded in the 1st half & 2 goals up rather than chance a silly sending off send on a tried & trusted striker who despite his age and alledgelly having chucked ran the Clyde defence ragged in the 2nd half. As for giving the surface a spray of water before games you may have noticed even top clubs that own thier own ground tend to do this nowadays even plastic pitches get this done to them maybe need to tell the owners  at NDP your team dont like it wet.

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Peterhead have probably the best grass surface in the bottom two leagues. Every team waters the pitch before and at HT to make the ball zip across the surface faster. There is no way the pitch at Balmoor is heavy going.

52 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Peterhead have probably the best grass surface in the bottom two leagues. Every team waters the pitch before and at HT to make the ball zip across the surface faster. There is no way the pitch at Balmoor is heavy going.

To be fair, we find most surfaces heavy going. 

Why not play with Hamilton and Howie as centre backs. Best pairing most agree. Peterhead were average didn't need to be anything else when players give away needless penalties . The fourth goal is as embarrassing as it gets. No tempo no urgency yet again first half and only start playing at 3 down. McCall could have hooked a number at half time how Cuddihy and King stayed on only he knows. Sula as erratic as ever had to come off for his own good . Elgin and East Fife changed managers got a lift now safe . I thought at the time McCall was a good choice but sadly proved wrong.  100 grand spent in January allegedly you would expect better.  Doesn't even know his best starting 11. Now that sounds familiar. 

15 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Why not play with Hamilton and Howie as centre backs. Best pairing most agree. Peterhead were average didn't need to be anything else when players give away needless penalties . The fourth goal is as embarrassing as it gets. No tempo no urgency yet again first half and only start playing at 3 down. McCall could have hooked a number at half time how Cuddihy and King stayed on only he knows. Sula as erratic as ever had to come off for his own good . Elgin and East Fife changed managers got a lift now safe . I thought at the time McCall was a good choice but sadly proved wrong.  100 grand spent in January allegedly you would expect better.  Doesn't even know his best starting 11. Now that sounds familiar. 

We are 3pts behind 8th and 9th when at one point we were into double figures behind. How have you been proven wrong by McCalls appointment? Win next week and we can go above Stranraer at least. He’s made a big difference in performances, players and results.

What were you expecting? Promotion playoffs? Need to be more realistic given what he inherited and the managers at the helm before him. We were resigned to relegation before he took over.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

8 hours ago, peternapper said:

Is that the same Rory McAllistar who at 37 is being used sensably when needed ( today with Shanks being carded in the 1st half & 2 goals up rather than chance a silly sending off send on a tried & trusted striker who despite his age and alledgelly having chucked ran the Clyde defence ragged in the 2nd half. As for giving the surface a spray of water before games you may have noticed even top clubs that own thier own ground tend to do this nowadays even plastic pitches get this done to them maybe need to tell the owners  at NDP your team dont like it wet.

That's him the very same and running the Clyde defence ragged is not an exclusive Club.  Also it wasn't a spray of water...a proper soaking and quite right too...it's called knowing your oppo. Wetting a plastic pitch produces a slick surface, wetting a grass pitch has very different results. Have a great Easter.and settle down, you won 4-1.  

10 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Next week is an absolutely massive game, not only for our league survival hopes but for the future of the club in general. Need a MOTM performance from every player next Saturday. Can't afford to have any passengers.

...and the chances of MOTM performances from even half the team?