Clyde Season 23/24

41 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Can we stop referring to Jordan Allan as JA9 when he wears 99. Please.

Absolutely. Martin Rennie must be absolutely ragin'. 

On the topic of oor Jordan, any chance we could have 99 by Toto played during HT at the next home game? A fitting tribute to the wee man and the lyrics seem to describe his Clyde journey with the move to Falkirk and then back to having to save us from relegation quite nicely.

Edited by RutherGlen

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I’ve doubted McCall since he came in after some of his baffling team selections. However at the end of the day if he keeps us up he has done his job very, very well.

Oh the Clyde the Clyde, the Bully Wee Clyde....celebrating the possibility of 41st out of 42........its bloody appalling

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I’ve doubted McCall since he came in after some of his baffling team selections. However at the end of the day if he keeps us up he has done his job very, very well.

Give credit where credit is due we were terminal before mc call stepped into this shitshow and if it is the great escape he should be voted manager of the year but he’s not out the woods yet.

18 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Give credit where credit is due we were terminal before mc call stepped into this shitshow and if it is the great escape he should be voted manager of the year but he’s not out the woods yet.

So you are recognising there is now a chance we won't be relegated. There always was of course but you were adamant we were 100% going to get relegated - long after McCall had arrived and basically signed a new squad I might add.

Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact you jumped down the throat of everyone and anyone who dared to entertain the chance, albeit extremely remote, of us escaping relegation. I think you owe us all an apology. 

Edited by RutherGlen

10 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

So you are not recognising there is now a chance we won't be relegated. There always was of course but you were adamant we were 100% going to get relegated - long after McCall had arrived and basically signed a new squad I might add.

Wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't for the fact you jumped down the throat of everyone and anyone who dared to entertain the chance, albeit extremely remote, of us escaping relegation. I think you owe us all an apology. 

Oh FFs.......look at the bigger picture.....if Maitland doesn't empty the boardroom the real culprit's get off. This has been coming since Dishon got hounded out

8 minutes ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Oh FFs.......look at the bigger picture.....if Maitland doesn't empty the boardroom the real culprit's get off. This has been coming since Dishon got hounded out

You're absolutely right there are more important issues at play here and I agree we need lots of changes for next season if we are to begin to recover and progress - no matter what league we end up playing in. Thankfully, Alan Maitland seems all too aware of this and has already promised on more than one occasion that the changes will be coming so I am not overly worried on that front. 

All of that doesn't change the fact that this Jimmy Choo character has been hounding Clyde supporters for most of the season and almost willing the team to lose every week just to prove his doom an' gloom predictions correct. It was nauseating to read and was the exact opposite of what was required at such a crucial time for the club when we really needed to galvanise the support and work together to secure the safety of the club. Am I gonna call him out now he's done a U-turn at the first concrete sign we may avoid 10th spot? You bet!

Edited by RutherGlen

9 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

You're absolutely right there are more important issues at play here and I agree we need lots of changes for next season if we are to begin to recover and progress - no matter what league we end up playing in. Thankfully, Alan Maitland seems all too aware of this and has already promised on more than one occasion that the changes will be coming so I am not overly worried on that front. 

All of that doesn't change the fact that this Jimmy Choo character has been hounding Clyde supporters for most of the season and almost willing the team to lose every week just to prove his doom an' gloom predictions correct. It was nauseating to read and was the exact opposite of what was required at such a crucial time for the club when we really needed to galvanise the support and work together to secure the safety of the club. Am I gonna call him out now he's done a U-turn at the first concrete sign we may avoid 10th spot? You bet!

Problem, unless the CIC scrapped the directors are protected by the rules....vote in and vote out when their 3 year term up. Unless some of them suddenly develop a conscience at quite how awful they have been.

Re JC -  most of the fan base on here were willing to listen to the deluded Chairman telling us there was no panic, our aim is to achieve promotion to League 1 and we have a robust proposition and are very confident re Crown Point and have generally been swallowing the narrative for years whilst some who have been predicting this situation for years have been labelled by the Club as "malcontents" and in some cases even been banned from ownership.

JC has a confrontational delivery that's for sure, but he's not too far off the mark with 4 games to go with only a slightly better goals scored tally separating us from Stranraer on equal points.....he's not stupidly wrong with his predictions. I doubt as a Clyde supporter he's willing us to lose just to prove his point -he's as disgusted with the situation as I am and I feel sure he would not wish for us to start next season in the LL. However, it will be very interesting to see what structure changes AM is able to make for the next season. 

From what I hear and see, AM is Chairman now in all but name, whether it is made official shortly who knows.....but wholesale changes to the Board are required if this club is to progress, (having survived the drop hopefully) and I hope the anchors which have held back previous ambitious Chairmen are somehow removed at season end.

If we stay up ( and it's still in the balance due to the fixtures remaining) a big sigh of relief is in order and a massive thanks given to Allan Maitland. However we must not forget the culprits who put us in this position and told us even when most of us knew it wasn't the case that promotion was the aim .Allan Maitland spoke on Saturday about the fact Clyde should never have been in this position and promised changes in the summer on and off the park. Also sounds confident about a ground announcement. This guy shows everything we didn't get at the top before charisma ,character enthusiasm a business brain and a football mind. Everything that was lacking in a certain Chairman. We should be grateful for his presence.  No celebration from me if we stay up one of utter relief and a hope that lessons have been learned.  

35 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Greenie for your comments, and for spelling Allan correctly. 👍

If AlLan Maitland manages to turn things around and in a few years we make it to the dizzying heights of the Scottish Premiership, can we expect to see you back at Clyde games? 

1 hour ago, Shawfield78 said:

If we stay up ( and it's still in the balance due to the fixtures remaining) a big sigh of relief is in order and a massive thanks given to Jordan Allan

FTFY

2 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Problem, unless the CIC scrapped the directors are protected by the rules....vote in and vote out when their 3 year term up. Unless some of them suddenly develop a conscience at quite how awful they have been.

Re JC -  most of the fan base on here were willing to listen to the deluded Chairman telling us there was no panic, our aim is to achieve promotion to League 1 and we have a robust proposition and are very confident re Crown Point and have generally been swallowing the narrative for years whilst some who have been predicting this situation for years have been labelled by the Club as "malcontents" and in some cases even been banned from ownership.

JC has a confrontational delivery that's for sure, but he's not too far off the mark with 4 games to go with only a slightly better goals scored tally separating us from Stranraer on equal points.....he's not stupidly wrong with his predictions. I doubt as a Clyde supporter he's willing us to lose just to prove his point -he's as disgusted with the situation as I am and I feel sure he would not wish for us to start next season in the LL. However, it will be very interesting to see what structure changes AM is able to make for the next season. 

From what I hear and see, AM is Chairman now in all but name, whether it is made official shortly who knows.....but wholesale changes to the Board are required if this club is to progress, (having survived the drop hopefully) and I hope the anchors which have held back previous ambitious Chairmen are somehow removed at season end.

Hiya Jimmy, Hiya Pal

Edited by Ocelot1877

39 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Hiya Jimmy, Hiya Pal

Silly arse, I'm not Jimmy and he is not me....just because two people on here agree, or worse, someone doesn't join in the witch hunt of someone who is a controversial poster, doesn't mean it's the same person.

You're barking up the wrong tree, I can assure you.

Honestly, who cares about Jimmy Choo. Mute him, mute his burners, mute any account you suspect may be a burner. He's literally just some silly auld dweeb who's starved of attention irl.

BAMO, Block And Move On, as Limmy would say.

Edited by Brian Carrigan