Stirling Albion Season 24/25 Thread

On 11/05/2024 at 18:22, Monkey Tennis said:

Wait, I thought your club's safety was never in doubt.

I kept on reading that you'd be fine.  How did it all turn out anyway?

Relegated ..absolutely gutted...but that's life....big enough to say i got it wrong...

The hunt for a new manager & squad rebuild...hopefully we can bounce back soon...all part of being a bino's supporter 

37 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Relegated ..absolutely gutted...but that's life....big enough to say i got it wrong...

The hunt for a new manager & squad rebuild...hopefully we can bounce back soon...all part of being a bino's supporter 

Yes, well played.

I did think that your boundless confidence was a bit daft and possibly misplaced, but you've taken it on the chin.  

Posted (edited)

Bored at work so had a wee click through transfermarket.co.uk.......going by that, Lewis Milne didn't sign a 2 year deal in the summer, just a 1. Also, the Alloa fan who posted earlier is correct, it seems that Crane did signed until the end of next season.

So the players under contract, going by transfermarket, are Blair Currie, Callum Crane, Ross Davidson, Dale Carrick & Dale Hilston. That's not a disaster to build from imho.

Edited by BB_Bino

23 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Ach you'll get over it mate.  I was just about there after some Raspberry jam doughnuts I grabbed at Morrison's after the game of death.  

23 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I did think that your boundless confidence was a bit daft and possibly misplaced

Dude, the club literally finished 2 points behind your full time mob, pipe doon. 

1 minute ago, StewartyMac said:

Dude, the club literally finished 2 points behind your full time mob, pipe doon. 

And I had a totally realistic view of how dire we were throughout.

It's not the relegation that was being mocked.  It's the hubris that preceded it.  

If that distinction escapes you, the problem isn't mine.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Bored at work so had a wee click through transfermarket.co.uk.......going by that, Lewis Milne didn't sign a 2 year deal in the summer, just a 1. Also, the Alloa fan who posted earlier is correct, it seems that Crane did signed until the end of next season.

So the players under contract, going by transfermarket, are Blair Currie, Callum Crane, Ross Davidson, Dale Carrick & Dale Hilston. That's not a disaster to build from imho.

Carrick and Hilson are a busted flush 

Posted (edited)

We got relegated on Saturday. Then sacked our manager on Monday. The season is over. Yet there still hasn't been any meangingful communication from the club. This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Does anyone actually know who is running the club? Who is putting in place the plans for next season? Who is leading the search for a new manager? We shouldn't be left in the dark like this. As a season ticket holder and trust member, I think this is unacceptable. 

Edited by unitedbino

19 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

We got relegated on Saturday. Then sacked our manager on Monday. The season is over. Yet there still hasn't been any meangingful communication from the club. This is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Does anyone actually know who is running the club? Who is putting in place the plans for next season? Who is leading the search for a new manager? We shouldn't be left in the dark like this. As a season ticket holder and trust member, I think this is unacceptable. 

Communication absolutely woeful. Advertising boards at the club woeful.  Social media could be improved but at least hospitality is going well. Was exact same last summer. No information on the club being relegated until you look at the news article on the search for a new manager. New website well behind schedule and out dated. I'm sure Niall Marshall is delighted to still have his mug on the site promoting a t-shirt from 2021 that is no longer in stock. 

Christine Curtis running the club day to day I believe. Doubt I'll renew Trust membership. Complete waste of money. 

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

Does anyone actually know who is running the club? 

Well let's look at it. Originally 4 board members and a D.O.F.  The D.O.F gone, no explanation. A director gone, no explanation. That leaves a big, but not majority shareholder chairman who lives in London. An I.T. man and a child protection officer. Does the C.P.O actually have a vote on the board, or is he just there to tick  a box?  I don't know.  If not that leaves 2 and whether one of those has a casting vote I also don't know or remember. 

The chairman can communicate via Zoom, so technically speaking we are run by Zoomers.  One campaigned for Trust board election on improving transparency, how's that working out?  Were the Trust board consulted before Darren was sacked?  We don't know that either. The not dealt with Ultras problem has degenerated to Police intervention at our last 3 home games. One of the said fannybaws squad having been arrested and charged with possession of an offensive weopon.  Are we paying for the Police presence? Mebbies aye, mebbies naw, we don't know.

It's all going so much better than I expected I'm absolutely thrilled.   

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

Communication absolutely woeful. Advertising boards at the club woeful.  Social media could be improved but at least hospitality is going well. Was exact same last summer. No information on the club being relegated until you look at the news article on the search for a new manager. New website well behind schedule and out dated. I'm sure Niall Marshall is delighted to still have his mug on the site promoting a t-shirt from 2021 that is no longer in stock. 

Christine Curtis running the club day to day I believe. Doubt I'll renew Trust membership. Complete waste of money. 

Christine Curtis runs operational administration and the commercial side.  She does not make major decisions on club policy and neither is she in charge of communications.  So tell me, how does her name join up to you not wanting to renew your Trust membership?

The club's silence on all matters does it no favours at all.

Communications are bare minimum at best.

The core product is football. Seems to get forgotten.

Never understood posting ads for a manager on the website. Surely any viable candidates know already and it just encourages nonsense applications.

A decently run club knows what step 2 of plan B is before they invoke it.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

A decently run club knows what step 2 of plan B is before they invoke it.

Agree. It baffles me though how even big clubs don't seem to have a contingency plan or strategy - the biggest example being Manchester Utd for the last 10 years. There needs to be harmony throughout the club from top to bottom imo. Getting a good manager will only take us so far if there's unrest behind the scenes or lack of clear communication, which is evident at SA recently.

What kind of football do we want to play? Do we want to develop and integrate youth players etc? Then go and get the best manager/coach that can implement that.

Although they'll probably put names in a hat like the half-time draw.

Edited by SA45

25 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Although they'll probably put names in a hat like the half-time draw.

No they won't. They are likely to discuss it with the Trust board before announcing a process. Even I'll give them that much credit. Possibly even had a meeting about it this evening. I don't see any detail coming out before such a meeting is over and a process agreed.

12 hours ago, dave_binos said:

Doubt I'll renew Trust membership. Complete waste of money. 

It is, and last season is the last time I'm renewing, there really is no point. Where are the minutes of the recent AGM?? 

There were a number of survey's over the years about what membership model could work for the club, whatever happened to that?? I know a lot of people who were happy to make monthly payments into the club, similar to what other fan owned clubs do....what happened to that idea?? I get that the Trust board don't want to get involved in the day to day running of the club, however they should be updating the members on what they are doing. It's radio silence from the Trust and from the Club Board at every turn, which makes me think the Trust board are doing nothing, and are no more than a holding company for shares. They didn't even want a representative on The Stirling Albion Foundation board when it was first launched, which is an a way for the club to really get involved in the community and raise the profile locally. Why would you not want involved in something that puts the club in a positive light?

It's only a small petty thing, but for a few years all the membership entitled you to do was vote for the change of strip at the end of the season....we weren't even allowed to do that last year, the club decided to go with the black strip without it, and stand for election onto the Trust board and this year......well my money has gone where exactly??

I'm a firm believer if you're not happy, you vote with your feet, I suspect it will make no difference, but I won't renew until there's a point to renewing.

Posted (edited)

Even more frustrating to me is that I believe there probably is alot of good stuff happening behind the scenes at both board and trust level but we never get to hear any of it so the assumption is that nothing is happening.

If positive things are happening then the club and trust should be shouting about them or god forbid update them on the website.

I did a long rant post about the website on here about a year ago or so and absolutley nothing has changed.

I emailed the club and trust in December venting my frustration and asking questions on the lack of updates amongst other things. We got a public update on some things about a week after I emailed in. Maybe it was planned for then anyway, maybe it took someone moaning, doesn't matter I suppose. But that was almost six months ago and nothing since regarding the operations or what is happening at the club behind the scenes.

If the club is struggling with certain things then tell us. If the club needs extra help or expertise on certain things then tell us. If the club needs extra time to perform promised things then tell us.

We are a part time club ran mostly by volunteers, no true supporter is going to think less of the club if we are struggling with stuff, in fact most would be sympathetic but it's hard to do so when we hear nothing.

Being forthcoming, open and honest with supporters is all I ask.

We're all in this together.......unless you shut us out.

Edited by Quentin Taranbino

well put.

the closed shop attitude is beyond frustrating.

we all want the same thing. for the club to be better and moving forwards. 

if everything is being done on a voluntary basis then expand the base of volunteers. i'm sure there will be supporters who have useful skills and willingness to help.